“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2305 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, located in the Downtown Disney Resort Area, Orlando, FL 32830-2811   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
RATES FROM $109!
Ranked #65 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I did not have reservation but the person checking me in was very nice and accommodating. I was quoted a higher rate when I showed her the rate that trip advisor was quoting she match it. I was also up graded to a hypoallergenic room or a room with special air filter. The room was clean and fresh. The cookies are always delicious wether you eat it on the spot or the next morning. Double Tree is a step above the others without breaking the bank. Downfall here was that they were renovating parts of the hotel but I will definitely stay here again. Construction and all

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We've stayed at Disney hotels and off site Disney. We love love love being onsite at Disney hotels however with teens the rooms are small to stay a week.

The Doubletree was in Downtown Disney and the rooms are set up to allow a family space. We loved the location and larger equipped rooms.

The downside is you are not on a Disney property hotel and the shuttle service from the hotel is slow. We would drive where we needed to go.

The staff and room were very good. Location was great.

For our family, the trade off was a great choice. If We was not staying at a Disney hotel, we prefer to remain in downtown Disney.

• Stayed February 2014
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Offer great deals online but be cautious of the extra charges for internet and parking. Other hotels in the area are cheaper and offer these for no charge and are just as nice ...... probably wont stay there again

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The DoubleTree Suites is on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, just down the street from Downtown Disney. It's proximity is it's best asset! A full service hotel for less than the price of the Disney "value" resorts (even when you figure in the $15 per day parking charge, and the $17 parking charge at the parks that would have been waived if you had stayed at a Disney facility).

It's also much more convenient at breakfast time since it's just a short walk from the elevator to the restaurant on the ground floor (as opposed to a long walk to wait in line at the Disney value resorts each day for breakfast). The buffet (which was free for HHonors Gold & Diamond members), on the other hand, was very ordinary ... about what you'd expect at a Hampton Inn or similar level hotel. Also, we ate breakfast there for 6 days and all they had were cocktail napkins ... why no full size napkins? And, we found a dead cockroach in the stack of "clean" plates (better than a live one, I suppose). The service was quite good though.

The rooms are all very large suites, with a sliding door between the living and bed rooms (great for families, but not necessary for couples). Other than that, they're not exceptional. Comfortable bed (but why don't hotels use fitted bottom sheets, so they stay in place??) with a basic bathroom. Shortcomings included a sink that didn't drain properly, a granite countertop which was pitted and in need of sealing, a bedroom TV which didn't get all the stations (although the TV in the living room was a higher end model which got all the stations it should have), and an alarm clock which was an hour and a half fast, but couldn't be reset without calling maintenance (actually 2 calls to maintenance since they didn't fix it the first time).

A disappointment was that we only got a 3rd floor room when the HHonors rooms were on the 6th and 7th floors (the hotel was not full), and I'd have expected an HHonors room as a gold member.

The Disney resort hotels are much nicer, but probably not worth the extra cost if you plan to be in the parks all day. And, you get Hilton points and a great chocolate chip cookie when you check in!

Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Family went to Disney for a spur of the moment trip and was made aware of this hotel through Mousesavers.com and took advantage of the deal. What a great experience! We had a warm breakfast included in our rate but skipped it the first morning for a Disney table service meal. Man did we waste some money! The next morning we were surprised that the buffet breakfast had almost the same quality of food including Mickey Mouse waffles! Wish I had gone there both mornings and saved money! Room was spacious and our toddler enjoyed having the space to move around. Spacious enough for 6 and next time we'll stay here and bring others as there is a lot of room. Nice to have a microwave and fridge too. Staff were very nice and even accommodated my request in the reservation for a view of Downtown Disney. Pretty to see the lights at night. Stayed on 6th floor and it was very peaceful. Would totally stay here again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Loved the staff and how helpful and friendly they were. Our bed linens were clean, crisp and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean. However, the couch was stained and cushion was torn with the filling poking out. The rugs were stained and sticky. Didn't want to walk barefoot in my room. The hallways and elevators were very warm almost uncomfortable warm and we were on the 17th floor. The AC worked great in our room. Just needs a bit of updating. I would still stay there again.

Room Tip: Lower floors keep you from being in the elevator where it's warm. Try to stay close to the eleva...
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my first review on Tripadvisor. I wanted to take the time to write this review because my time at Double Tree well exceeded my expectations. I am a huge fan of Double Tree Suites and every stay has been comfortable and well worth the price. This particular resort is within walking distance of Downtown Disney and has all the amenities of any Disney resort hotel, with less the frustration, crowds and jaw dropping price tag. We are Hilton Honors Members and had the pleasure of staying on the 7th floor. The decor of the room reminded me of my bedroom at home, I especially appreciated the small details, like the accent wall and vanity area right outside of the bathroom. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on besides my own. I must say by day two I felt like I was home. The staff was accommodating and eager to please, from the restaurant staff, check in and room service, I have zero complaints. I am in the industry and I have an eye for genuine customer service, and here at the Double tree I felt like the staff enjoyed their job and it shows to the guests, believe me. I must say Juan (bellman) was quick and efficient; I was so impressed by his positive attitude and professionalism, he was much appreciated. We spent a few days in a deluxe Disney resort towards the end of our eight day stay and by day two I was already wishing we spent our entire stay with the Double Tree. Double Tree has my business for life.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!