“Nice stay. Issues with transportation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2305 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, located in the Downtown Disney Resort Area, Orlando, FL 32830-2811   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SUMMER RATES FROM $109!
Ranked #52 of 328 hotels in Orlando
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice stay. Issues with transportation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

First I want to say the staff were great during our 2 night visit. I had considered this location last year before the renovations but had opted to stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek. I think the renovations are awesome and I love all the room you have for a family. I would definitely choose this property vs the Hilton a few hotels down or Hilton Bonnet Creek in the area. We have stayed at all.

Beds are great. I love the way the rooms look. For the price the rooms are an excellent value. We used it as a base for Disney and didn't get a chance to use any facilities except the restaurant for breakfast. It was decent.

I only had one issue and that is the transportation. On our first night we tried to take a bus back to hotel from Hollywood Studios. Our bus didn't come after 45 minutes. This was not at a busy time. Instead the Mears rep told us to get on a bus for some different Downtown Disney hotels and they would drop us off. They crammed us on. Too many people! It was beyond crazy. My son wasn't tall enough to reach up and hold onto anything. So he held onto me. Our driver didn't take in consideration the massive amount of people and took turns like he was driving a car. I lost my balance once and twisted my ankle trying not to fall on top of the people sitting down.

I have stayed at other Disney properties and more than once have rode a bus standing up during busy times. So I was ok with standing up. But they had way too many people on the bus. In addition the bus avoids the main strip due to construction so we had many turns. We held on and it took everything I had to keep upright. From that point on I paid to drive and park at the parks (which is now $17 a day).

I do think it is the best place to stay in Downtown Disney, especially with all the extra room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The room was very clean. great location. pleasant and helpful staff. We dont recommend taking the Disney shuttle bus though...over 45 minutes to the park and standing room only both ways. Food was great in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Mobile, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Overall, this hotel was fine for our family of 5. The room had a good amount of space and was clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable. There are two TVs which was nice. There are several things that I was not completely satisfied with. The hallways smell like a hospital. They are also very warm like the air isn't working properly. This could be the case, because we had the air in our room set to 68 the entire time we were there, but it was so hot at times that we had difficulty sleeping at night. Also, the last two days we were there, the housekeeper forgot to leave washcloths, which I didn't realize until my daughter was in the tub. I called the front desk, and they were delivered promptly. Having a shuttle to Disney World was great. However, the buses sometimes get off of their every 30 minutes schedule, and you have to wait awhile to leave the hotel, depending on which park you are going to. They were on schedule really well when leaving the parks. Overall, the hotel was fine and met our needs. The kids swam in the pool one night, and it was nice. We did not eat the hotel breakfast, but since we had a microwave and refrigerator I'm our room, we brought cereal, etc.

• Stayed July 2014
Silsbee, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at DTS for 5 nights. The only complaints were the fire alarm going off 3 times the first night (better to know that it worked, though!! ) and the housekeeping staff missed our room one day. Not a real big deal except that we had a large amount of garbage from that one day. Room was comfortable for the 6 of us. Breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about but the staff was!!! Very nice & always getting refills & anything you needed. Will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Where do I start ! Firstly in fairness to the hotel most of the negative reviews that I read before I left were in my opinion not all true , whilst the hotel is dated and in need of upgrading it did have positives , such as , our room in the tower was roomy , beds very clean and pristine white towels changed daily , also the free shuttle service to all parks a bonus . There was a small deli that offered breakfast and snacks that was very tasty and reasonable ,we ate in the main restaurant twice, the first time was average food but didn't go back after the second time , it feels more like a run down canteen , the floor was messy with food from previous diners etc , however we did have a lovely polite waiter called Tom , we complained re our food on our second visit but felt that it wasn't dealt with in a professional manner . We wouldn't opt to stay here again But if we had to we would simply eat and drink out . The location is great! And the concierge guys are very helpful, don't be totally put off by this or other reviews , the hotel has it's problems as many do , just don't eat there ! . Hope this helps

Stayed July 2014
Levittown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was particularly pleasant because of its staff and cleanliness. Food was also surprisingly good. Location was ideal for access to the Disney exhibits and my point of business (ESPN Wide World of Sports). Every person in food service was especially helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable, especially the bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

5 stars all the way. The staff are friendly and courteous. THe hotel is clean and neat. THere are many ammenities on site and nearby. THe rooms have a lving room and bedroom like a suite set up with one room for the kids and one for the adults. NIce kithenette with fridge and microwave. Overall a very nice hotel. And the cookies are delicious too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Address: 2305 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, located in the Downtown Disney Resort Area, Orlando, FL 32830-2811
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 Top resorts Hotel in Orlando
#39 Business Hotel in Orlando
#48 Family Hotel in Orlando
#82 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista 3.5*
Contemporary All-Suite Resort Hotel located in Walt Disney World Resort. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Suites By Hilton In The Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
Walt Disney Orlando
Doubletree Hotel In World

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.