“Fabulous Choice for Disney!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2305 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, located in the Downtown Disney Resort Area, Orlando, FL 32830-2811   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #73 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous Choice for Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel is recently completely renovated. Rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Hotel is physically in WDW, which significantly cuts down on travel time. Car Rental and Gift Shop on site, both of which we took advantage of. Breakfast was as good or better than any other hotel breakfast. It was not confusing at all about the difference between the continental or full american breakfast (I had read several reviews that mentioned that.) Wait staff, bar staff and bell staff were also exceptional. My only comments/suggestions are that we really did not care for the lunch/dinner selections of the resturant, as they seemed limited in their selections. Also, the TVs in the room need some attention. Some of the channels listed do not work on the TV, had to turn it off and on to try to reset it, controls did not work very well. We only used the bus service one time, which was okay to Downtown Disney, after that we rented a car, which if in ones budget, is the fastest way to get around WDW.

Will definitely stay here again! Cookies are great :)

Room Tip: Facing pool cuts down on traffic and bus noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

What can I say about this hotel. They have just gone through a major renovation and the rooms are amazing. We arrived around 5 pm and was greeted by Mike, who was our bellman and parking valet. What a wonderful person. He was very informative, and asked if we needed dining suggestions, we didn't we had already made reservations on Disney property. Mike told us that the van would be available to take us there if we wanted. We drove our own vehicle. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Our children, adults, loved the cookies and they are never ending if you choose to keep eating them. We would highly recommend this hotel. We had a two bedroom suite and the price was average. My husband wanted to splurge. So even if you don't get a 2 bedroom suite this hotel is worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
J-Parkinson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your review! I am pleased to read such great feedback on our service, and I agree Mike does know the true value of hospitality. Thanks for sharing your experience, and we hope to host you again!

Best regards,
John Parkinson
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Customer service started at the front desk in a most POSITIVE way and continued throughout our seven night stay! The hotel is situated on Disney property, but is not Disney-owner; thus, no magic passes or early/late extra hours. If that is OK with you, which it was with us, this is the hotel for you. Every room is a suite, which for us meant privacy for our two girls and for us as well in our own room.

We recommend booking a room with the full-breakfast package. We did. The buffet is lavish, with every breakfast item available. An option is buying the continental breakfast, but the full is much better...less food to buy at over-priced Disney. We have EXTREME COMPLIMENTS for the breakfast wait-staff in the restaurant. They were ever so attentive and had helpful hints. We cannot thank them enough.

On the negative side, the Mears transportation group (shuttle to the parks) was inadequate. At one time we reached the Magic Kingdom bus stop in the RAIN as the bus was pulling off. It was dark and we could see only 5-6 people on board. The driver shrugged us off without opening the door and we waited in the elements 30 minutes for the next bus. We reported him (bus 1707) to the Mears coordinator who was there, but they didn't do anything to get a ride for us. So pathetic. As an analogy, there was a Disney bus next to us and the Disney on-site coordinator held up his fist to hold the bus as another family ran toward the stop...Disney = great service...Mears = mediocre service and poor attitudes. One bus driver couldn't even speak English, or it seemed he couldn't. Another never announced any stop and we got off at the wrong hotel, quickly re-boarding. But, other older drivers seemed caring and professional. A crazy mix of drivers.

Even with the disgusting bus service, we can't let that over-shadow the nice hotel stay. On three occasions we needed service (twice for extra shampoo-3 girls use a lot) and once for a toilet issue. EACH time the response was approx. 5 minutes or LESS. That speaks tons for their customer service! An earned FIVE STAR!

Room Tip: Negotiate a full breakfast package, don't settle for the continental
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have stayed at many Doubletrees before, my husband is a Hilton Diamond member, I was very disappointed all the way around. First, our room is filthy, long black hairs everywhere, dirty chairs, dirty bathroom cabinets, sticky dirty refrigerator, phone was disgusting and broken, no ironing board in the room and stained floors. I did complain and they did attempt to clean but there continued to be long hairs everywhere and the fridge wasn't cleaned. The room wouldn't cool down despite cranking the air as low as it goes and the hotel smells like mildew. The breakfast buffet we were told was a 15 minute wait even though there were empty tables everywhere. We ordered food from the restaurant and the 7 dollar chicken lemon white bean soup was served in a styro-foam coffee cup and was chicken broth with lima beans in it. There were multiple restaurant flyers under our door but we ordered from one of them and then were told they weren't allowed in our hotel for security reasons...yet somehow they spent enough time in the hotel putting flyers under the doors. Staff was generally nice, but accommodations were downright disappointing. This was not up to par with other Doubletrees we've stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
J-Parkinson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Thank you for your candid feedback!

John L. Parkinson
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Daytona Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My refrig broke and we lost all the food that we had bought the night before. We had to take a taxi to get. We had bought $30 worth of sub sandwiches to eat during our stay. When we arrived we noticed the fridge seemed warm so they came and adjusted it. i woke up next morning and the fridge was warm inside. I went down to front desk and spoke to manager. I wish I had goten his name and explained and brought the subs we had left and showed him they were not cold and there is no way we would eat them. He understood andbought my son and myself dinner in your restaurant (we ordered room service) very pleased.... The other time we had was when we came back from park at 10:35 I stopped by restaurant to get a room service menu as there was not one in room. The guy that I asked for it from said. Are you going to order tonight? In a tone like he hoped not. I said yes in about 5 minutes when we got back to room. I tried calling room service at 10:45 and it was busy. I tried about every 2 minutes thereafter and was busy. I called the front desk and someone named Jerry answered the phone and I said we are trying to order but phone is off hook or something. he said that they were probably really busy. It was now 11:10 and I said I was just by there and the taff was all standing in dining room. He said well they are I told him we were trying to order and knew they closed at 11 and we were hungry. He said he didn't know because he works at the front desk and that was the restaurant but would check and put me on hold which i stayed on for 8 minutes then just hung up. Jerry was not a pleasant person he was more interested in arguing then rectifying problem. We ended up eating Doritos and juice.. Nice dinner!!! I thought I wouild at least get a phone call from him after being on hold for that long but nothing... Other than that I was pleased with your hotel. This is my first time back since your renovation and was impressed with the hotel. I wish I had goten the name of the Manager who assisted me.. Very impressed with his assistance. Jerry should not be working with guests.....

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed at the Doubletree Suites for an Orlando visit with my grown daughter. So enjoyed the large rooms here. Had 2 queen beds, living room with a pull out sofa, dining table & kitchenette. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Loved the warm cookies, which we had every day. Thanks staff. We used the complimentary transportation to the Magic Kingdom which was fairly quick going but a bit longer coming back with a stop at Animal Kingdom. About a 15 min walk to the Disney Village, which was mainly stores & a couple restaurants. It does have one of the largest & interesting Disney shops I have ever seen. The pool was nice & gym was small but sufficient. Not happy there is no free internet. Altogether, this is a very nice, convenient, & a very good deal for Disney World.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!