“Think KFC” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pollo Campero - CLOSED

Pollo Campero
1674 E Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)
407-938-9022
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Wisconsin
“Think KFC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on our day out to the airport. We had done the "fine dining" all wknd, so we really just weren't that hungry. Hubby had been here before while in the area for business. He liked it.

I would compare it to a Latin twist on Kentucky Fried Chicken. I had the lemon grilled and he had the regular fried. I chose the plantains for my side, but in hindsight should have gotten the chips and salsa. I didn't know they had a large salsa bar until we got to the area where we had to pay. Dang it. I LOVE salsas. They serve the chicken with tortillas, so I couldn't resist giving a few of the salsas a try with them. I could see going back on a lazy day for lunch, and I will surely be getting chips and salsa!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newton, Massachusetts
“Fine for a quick bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Don't go here expecting fantastic food. It was fine. It's also more like fast food than anything else, so you can't expect it to be great. Price isn't bad, and there are plenty of seats. The lay out of the restaurant isn't ideal, and people bang into each other all the time. Best bet at Downtown Disney if you don't have a reservation anywhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southern Maryland, USA
“Great place if you have an allergy and the food is really good, too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This location is at Downtown Disney in Orlando.

Was traveling with someone who has a severe dairy allergy (to the point of having to avoid even trace amounts in other foods from calcium, protein, etc. if they have a dairy origin). I spoke to the manager on duty to find out what Pollo Campero served that was safe for my companion, who was ordering a wrap at the time. Upon reviewing what was available, and noting that my companion had already ordered, the manager went to the food preparer and ordered her to throw away the wrap that had been prepared. It turns out the wrap used had calcium and the source of the calcium was undetermined, so after talking to my companion and explaining why the first wrap was discarded, another wrap was prepared that did not have the calcium. I truly appreciated the level of concern demonstrated and the actions taken. Great job!

As for me, I ordered the fried chicken with a side of plantains and it was excellent. Normally I don’t visit any restaurant at Disney more than once per trip since there are so many options, but after this meal I had to go back at least once more before I left. The selection of sides includes "normal stuff" like rice and beans (both excellent BTW) and other things like yucca fries (also very good, especially with the fry sauce). Not a huge selection, but everything I tried was very good.

BTW – it doesn’t hurt that there is a BabyCakes NYC in the corner (another big plus for my companion since this is a vegan bakery).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arab, Alabama
“Camp Chicken?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This may be the only restaurant in WDW that I rate this low, but honestly I hated it! The late-out was bad, and the food was just gross. I mean the place was clean and all, but taste wise...I don't know how they stay open

Visited April 2012
Durham
“Cheap for Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A good low budget place for downtown Disney. Great food. Try the chicken. We sat outside and really enjoyed being there. About $8 a person. Also always ask for a cup of water. This knocks off about $2.50 per person

Visited January 2013