You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
Ranked #207 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Bunnell, Florida
“Terrible Service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked a block of rooms here for my daughters wedding. We were promised free parking and a shuttle to and from the venue if we had a total of 20 nights booked. All our family and friends stayed there, including us. When it came time to leave for the wedding, there was no shuttle, our guests were told to take a cab! Also, there were numerous mix-ups with checking in. I ended up paying for a room that no one slept in. When I called I was told it would be taken care of, but days later I am still seeing charges on my card for rooms. It's a mess! Don't book here! Never again!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, yesterday
Carla G,

Thank you for taking the time to fill us in on your recent experience at our hotel. We are beyond disappointed after reading your review. Our goal is always to over-deliver for our guests and we are sorry to hear that we were not able to do so for you. Thank you for filling us in so we can work on the experience we are providing at our hotel. Should you wish to discuss this with our team, please feel free to reach out to us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback in your review and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to provide you with the kind of experience we strive for at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Madison, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Drove down with my daughter, who is starting an internship w/ the Disney College Program and I only needed a hotel for one night. I chose this hotel for its close proximity to where she would need to check in. From the friendly and helpful employees, cleanliness and spaciousness of the room to the included breakfast bar and ease of parking--I don't know what else you would need. Location is just across the interstate from Disney, super close to Outlet shopping and restaurants. The included Breakfast bar had everything --toast, bagels, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, milk...probably something I've missed but I don't know what else you would need. We did not use the pool area but it looked very clean and was a nice size with plenty of lounge chairs and a few tables w/umbrellas. Parking was $6 a day with an attended gated entrance. If I were coming to Orlando and wanted to stay off Disney property I would choose Springhill Suites Marriott Village again in a heartbeat.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello,

Thank you for your incredibly kind review. We are so happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. It's wonderful that you enjoyed your clean and spacious guest room, complimentary breakfast and ample parking. Thank you for admiring our pool amenities. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We booked a block of rooms for a wedding and it was a huge mistake. The reason we chose this particular hotel was the shuttle service promised. However, all guests were told to get a cab by the front desk. It made for a costly and inconvenient stay for my wedding guests. Most of all it was a huge embarrassment to my fiancé and me. There were also many issues with customer service and getting in touch with the event caterer. Extra rooms were charged when there wasn't even guests staying in them. I would never deal with Marriott again considering the horrible experience.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Brooke,

We are concerned about your recent experience and would like to learn more. Our guests' experience is our number one priority. Making your special day unforgettable is important to us and we would like to assure that you are accommodated properly. Please message us with further details, or email Frank.Sorrentino@marriott.com. Thank you.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent 4 days at the spring hill suites during our vacation at Disneyland; nice hotel nothing very high end but good to take care of you while on vacation. Decent breakfast; good shuttle service to Disney and good staff

They have a small food court near by again nothing fancy; a lot of restaurants are near by so if you want to go for Dinner its mostly a 5 min drive

Room Tip: We liked the inside facing rooms; nice view
Hello AshMehra,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your 4-night stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that you felt taken care of by our staff. We're happy you found the breakfast to be decent and the shuttle to Disney convenient. It's wonderful that you enjoyed the restaurants close-by and the Village dining options. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Janesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've stayed many different places in Orlando including Disney itself. The SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista was in our top 3. The resort was up to date & clean. The staff were all very friendly. The room was large & very comfortable. A lot of resorts you can hear a lot of noise in the halls, etc. We did not which is a big plus to us.

The full hot continental breakfast was good & a huge money saver. Take advantage of it. Was pretty much the same thing every day so when you're there an entire week like we were it gets a bit old, but hey ~ it's free. And lots more choices than just some day old doughnuts you get at other "continental breakfasts".

VERY close to Disney.

The only thing is the word of caution they do charge a $6/day parking fee. Which to me is ridiculous. If you're staying there & have a rental car of course you have to park there. Just another way these places have found to get more $ out of us tourists.

We will stay here again.
Thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on an upper floor, away from an elevator or ice machine. At the end of the...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Roxane,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that our staff was friendly, your guest room was spacious and comfortable and that our resort was well-kept. It's great that you didn't feel interrupted by other hotel guests. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the plentiful complimentary breakfast. Your input regarding the parking cost is appreciated. We always welcome our guests' feedback. We look forward to welcoming you during your next stay!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed for a recent conference that was held in Disney World. We arrived 5 minutes before check in and were told our rooms were not ready. They checked us in and swiped my credit card to hold and told us we were checked in to our groups block of 5 rooms and they'd call us when they were done. We had something to eat and came back an hour later after no phone call to find that now they couldn't even find our rooms and then told us they moved us to another hotel. 45 minutes later of arguments with the front desk we had rooms. I went to mine to find that i had been given a special needs room designed for wheelchair access. I called the front desk and asked for a regular room feeling guilty for taking a room someone might actually need. Another hour later I finally got a room. All week the room wasn't cleaned well, the toilet seat wasn't attached correctly and they had issues with the elevators. When we finally checked out I got my statement saying the room was paid for with my offices credit card and now two weeks later they are still holding over 300 dollars on my personal credit card and even after 10 phonecalls their account department can't figure out to release it. Stay away from this terrible hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your honest review of your recent experience with us. We are saddened to hear about the issues with your room and these difficulties with resolving this hold on your credit card. We keep high standards for the cleanliness of our guests' rooms and this is not acceptable, so we do apologize for the inconvenience. We have passed along this information to our management so the matter of your hold is addressed promptly. If you can call us at (407) 938-9001 on Monday and ask to speak with Kirstie, we will be more than happy to review the status of these charges with our accounting team.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I’ve stayed at the other hotels in the Marriott Lake Buena Vista village in previous years, the Fairfield Inn is my usual hotel of choice here, and I have recommended it to others wholeheartedly. I decided that having a kitchenette might be useful after staying at a Residence Inn a few years ago so decided to stay at the Springhill Suites. I wish I hadn’t really.

Check-in was quick and pleasant enough, although I later found out I was being billed for parking despite specifically saying I didn’t have a car (nor did I receive the parking certificate that other guests I knew staying in the property had for their car) - it was sorted out for us at check-out, but not good all in all.

The room itself was nice enough, we were on the first floor looking towards the pool area. The rooms are decently sized, but lacked modernity.

I initially liked the fact you could angle the TV so you could view in bed, and not just on the sofa but actually it was a pain because it meant there was little to no room to walk past the TV without having to manhandle it back into place each time.

The bathroom was initially pleasant until I stepped into the shower late on the first evening to discover the shower curtain was completely mouldy from top to bottom. I left the cleaner a note to ask it to be changed, and admittedly it was - but for another one with mould present.

The cleaning staff don’t seem to be given enough time to do the rooms, or just aren’t thorough enough. The room wasn’t cleaned properly on any days of our 10 night stay with things like bins not being changed, toilet roll not being refreshed, or the paper cups and coffee not being replaced after use. When you come in from a long day at the theme parks, the last thing you want to be doing is going down to reception to get new toilet paper.

Being on the first floor near by the pool isn’t an ideal place to be either - the pool guests were generally OK but the maintenance of the pool area takes place at 7am with no warning. It would be nice for the hotel to at least put courtesy notes through the doors the day before to warn people of an early start - especially given a lot of people stay at the parks til 1am now and would be rudely awoken 6 hours later. I rang the front desk to ask how long they normally take do complete the work and I was palmed off with a curt reply of "we don’t know, and they have to work in the morning because its too hot in the day time" - which makes me wonder how maintenance is done in places much hotter than Florida in April. No sooner than the gardeners stopped using their petrol powered trimming equipment did a plumber (I assume) start randomly banging on pipes near by for a good hour. I honestly felt like the team from Candid Camera would pop out at any moment. Adding to the noise was a constant buzz from the air conditioning, even if it wasn't on. I later discovered it was the collective noise of all the air conditioners rattling round the poolside. So if you want a quiet room I'd opt for one facing the car park, not near the I-4.

The final nail in the coffin was on the last day we booked on the last bus heading to Disney World - and patiently waited at the bus stop as directed by the concierge desk. Then we saw the bus pull up outside the hotel, quite a walk away from the bus stop for someone with a foot injury. Luckily my partner ran down and managed to halt the bus from leaving both myself and another guest with a broken knee from catching it.

All in all, I wasn’t impressed with the hotel, and its made me finally decided to stump up the cash to stay on property at Disney from now on. Generally I don’t like writing negative reviews on here, but I felt compelled to, as I could forgive one or two of the things listed above, but as a whole it wasn’t a great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floor maybe? Not in the central courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry to hear about your parking charge and are glad to hear that it was settled properly. It's nice that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and appreciate your input regarding the television and bathroom. The lack of cleanliness of the guest room is not acceptable and for that we apologize. We will have this matter addressed with our staff promptly. Your input regarding the pool maintenance and complimentary shuttle bus is appreciated. Our guests' experience is our number one priority. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again for a more enjoyable experience.

Hotel Management

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #207 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.