“Only slept here 5 hours and that was to long!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #203 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Hammond, Louisiana
“Only slept here 5 hours and that was to long!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel should not have Marriott in it's name. We booked with price line for $70.00 while in route to Orlando to spend a quick night before heading to Magic Kingdom next day. The rooms are a 2 rating at best, the ceilings are low and the beds ARE NOT COMFORTABLE!!! We arrived at 1am and check-in took over an hour. We were exhausted when we arrived in room. The room was old and smelly. The best part of this property was the phone that gave us our wake up call to leave.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

our air didn't cool in our room, the next day, hotel said they would fix it- it was never fixed. Front desk staff was very rude and very unaccomidating The electrical outlet in vanity had burn marks on it and would shock us. The pool was very dirty, as well as entire hotel. Would never stay here again. We were here with several teams for a sports function, occupying about 50 rooms.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
Green Features: I didn't notice they had any, our room was not environmentally friendly, because they slider door would not close properly, the air conditioning ran constantly, without cooling and the bathroom outlet had a black burn mark on it and would spark if you used the plug above it.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This SpringHill Suites is nicely located across from Lake Buena Vista and near the entrance to Walt Disney World...it's located just off I-4 and its easy to get on I-4 to go east to Orlando, about 20 minutes or west to Tampa about 75 minutes...

It's also conveniently located in a threesome - at Marrriott Village - with two other Marriott hotels including a Fairfeild Inn and a Courtyard...the SpringHill has an extra large lobby and breakfast room...and the main elevators nearest the lobby are also extra large...there is another elevator in the back of the property which is good to use when the front two are busy...

Of course, because the hotel is located so close to Disney there were a lot of families and kids...so this is a great hotel for visiting the area, not necessarily so good for a corporate traveler like me but I was looking for the closest hotel to the Gaylord Palm Resort where I was attending a convention, but unable to book a room there because I decided to go so late...

The breakfast area was very nice with a great selection of food and unusal for a SpringHill there were servers for the eggs and sausage...but there was plent of other food everything that you could imagine...

The staff was very friendly and helpful and efficient as I checked into my room easily...

The rooms are not spectacular...plain concrete walls...the a/c worked very well as I like my room to be cold...the work area was basic but fine...though I like a king bed, I selected a room with double beds so I could be on a high floor...there were 2 tv's in the room...a large one that can be turned to the bed, and a smaller one in front of the bed...I used the larger tv and just tilted it towards the bed...it had a small refrigerator and a microwave...the sofa was fine...the bathroom was standard nothing special...thihs hotel is one of the older Marriott designs, though again the lobby areas and the breakfast area was extra large to accomodate large crowds...

If I wanted a newer design of the room, I'd go over to the SpringHill at SeaWorld...but this location was central to where I needed to be...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Choosing this hotel was a great deal.

Nice location - in a walking distance from Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets, excellent spacious brand new rooms, low fares, good variety of choices for breakfast. I not only recommend as I intend to stay there again on our next travel to Orlando.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello,

Thank you for your positive review. We are so glad you enjoyed our central location and spacious guest rooms. It's wonderful to hear that you were fond of our breakfast selection and affordable rates. We look forward to welcoming you upon your next return!

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our stay in SpringHill suit hotel was memorable , it all started on 30th of march when we lodged in the hotel for our Disney world visit till 5th April when we travel out of Orlando, the staff were so nice, kept our bags save in the locker room, until we returned on 8th April to pick them. The rooms are neat, we are family of four (4) and my kids love the idea of having a TV to themselves where they can watch their cartoons at will. The dinning area and kitchen staff are worthy of commendation too, despite the number of visitors, yet food is always available on time in the morning, and very friendly, especially the lady that serves egg/sausage (don't know her name , she is an elderly woman).
Staff at the reception area are also exceptional, especially the supervisor, Ruben. He is a great guy, always willing to help. We almost had a bad experience at the Courtyard facility when we came back on 8th to pass the night, but Ruben stepped in to put a smile on our face after telling him our experience.
As a family, we won't mind choosing this hotel again in the future.

Hello Yemoh,

Thank you for your incredibly kind review. We are so thrilled to hear that you had a memorable experience here at our hotel. It's wonderful to learn that our staff was able to keep your belongings safe while you were out of town. We're glad that you and your family enjoyed your guest suite dining options. We love to discover that our staff was extremely friendly and helpful during your stay. Please come back and visit us again for another memorablle experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I reserved to stay at the SpringHill Suites in Marriott Village from April 8 through April 14 for a vacation to all Disney Parks for spring break. Upon arrival we were greeted by smiling staff and polite employees. After securing the room the staff explained the transportation available to the Disney parks and ticket offers at the Expedia counter. After a long drive we all wanted to unpack and relax on the twin beds we reserved due to limited vacancy at the time of booking. Half way through unpacking it was discovered that the mini refrigerator, shower and toilet was littered with long, black strands of hair. We were already headed out to explore the premises and it was decided to stop at the front desk to inform the staff of the discovery of hair. The same gentleman, Jake, was still up front. He apologized for the inconvenience and said that he will get a house keeper to get things rectified for us. We then headed to the Pizza hut on the other side of the property. There are many other places to eat as the description of the hotel explains. The pizza that was prepared by Pizza hut was average at best and did not offer any specialties such as stuffed crust or cheesy bread sticks. Every morning before heading out to Disney we reserved a ride on the complimentary buses and stopped and asked the front desk if any king beds were available. None became available until almost mid-term of our stay. Unfortunately it was a handicap accessible room. I personally do not like to stay in these types of rooms because I feel as if I am robbing an opportunity away from an individual who could use it more than I could. Reluctantly we switched rooms from the twins into the only available king I am assuming. I am currently an Marriot Elite member, not sure if that means much anymore or if it ever did but I believe there may have possible been at least one better room available. I try to reserve all of my stays, business and personal, at Marriott properties when I can. The handicap accessible room appeared to be cleaner in the carpeted area than the twin bed rooms was but the bathroom had suspicious stains on the tile and a toilet that constantly ran hot water. I am also assuming it is hot water because of the condensation on the toilet seat before every use even though the shower had not been ran for over 12 hours prior to. I did not bring this to the management attention and seemed as I was complaining. I also discovered that if you are like me and like to hook up your own personal router in your room like I do you will be disappointed. The hotel does not have the Ethernet ports in the room connected and strictly allows only wireless for internet access. Toward the end of our stay we ordered dinner to go from the bistro across from the Springhill we were stay. It is inside of the Marriott to the left facing away from the SpringHill. I ordered a turkey Rueben sandwich, unfortunately after the long walk back to the room I discovered it was not what I ordered. It was a tuna sandwich which the couple behind me ordered. After about another 13 minutes of walking across a parking lot where cars apparently do not see the stop sign I returned with the correct order. Last but not least the visit to the arcade was horrible. The terminator game was the most interesting one and almost the only functioning game available. The other arcade games had controls that did not work, sound did not work, or there was a very noticeable lag. I’m not sure that I would stay at this property again and probably only will if I cannot find better accommodations that will accept the government per-diem rate for lodging.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Ralph,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We love to hear that our staff as welcoming upon your arrival. We're disappointed to hear about your guest room experience and incorrect lunch order. Our guests' comfort if our number one priority and we apologize for any inconveniences. Your input regarding the Pizza Hut and arcade games is appreciated. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again for a more pleasurable experience.

Sydney, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Springhill suite is well maintained, clean and the most modern of the three Marriott's in this village location. The courtyard next door needs updating in rooms and doesn't include free breakfast.

Rooms clean and comfortable, showers are very nice also.
TVs very up-to-date.
Good for economical family stay, business stay too. Work station isn't great but ok.
Expect a lot of traffic on the main road out during rush hours

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
Green Features: Very efficient and no waste I saw. Water practices were good
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your admiration for our well-kept hotel. We love to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable guest room. Your input regarding the business center and highway traffic is appreciated. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Hotel Management

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #203 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.