“Great value...location but.......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
Ranked #198 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
AUSTIN
“Great value...location but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great location, clean hotel, breakfast included, al part of great value. Part of same complex as Fairfield Inn. Parking was only issue with limited spaces unless you wanted a longer walk. also the $6 daily fee was a little over the top and really not needed as guard service wasn't present for any of my 3 day stay. Walking distance to many chain restaurants.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ChrisPlavakis, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Greetings Michael D,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community in regards to your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village. We are glad to hear you found the location to be clean and of great value.
We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
Warm Regards,
Asst General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ocean City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting Disney World. Room was clean and well maintained. Front staff was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was included with the rate. My only complaint was that parking was limited as the parking spots were shared with a Fairfield by Marriott and a Courtyard by Marriott in the same complex.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ChrisPlavakis, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings nptp84,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista with the community here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit, found the room clean, and the staff helpful. We take pride in proving exceptional service to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a memorable one.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel had positives and negatives. The positive was the room. The room was remodeled, bathroom was nice, spacious. Negative were the parking because i had to spend 6 dollars on parking when parking was limited. I had to pay more for chips when its usually cheaper. I am a gold member and didn't receive any benefits for being a gold member. Breakfast was average. Only provided eggs and sausage. Would i stay here again, maybe depending on price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ChrisPlavakis, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings Edward W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit and found your room was nice and spacious. We take pride in proving exceptional service to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a memorable one. I'm sorry however, that you were not as impressed with the breakfast and parking and I assure we take your concerns seriously.

Warmest Regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went here with a group of people. We were all booked as a group but under different names. They just handed out keys, forgot who they were given to, and had to call rooms at 11 PM while people were sleeping. When we were finally assigned our room, the keys didn't work - twice. Then we get in, it's set up strangely, and smells like funk. The breakfast was OK if you like weird eggs and sausage...

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings ekdabrows,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback of your recent stay at Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista. We value your feedback in regards to the things you were displeased with during your recent stay. Reviews like yours allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities. I am of course concerned to learn you were left to feel disappointed with your experience and that the room did not live up to your expectations.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and would like to assure you we are further investigating these issues. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to welcome your return in the near future and restore your confidence in our hotel.

Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I say alternative, because of it's proximity to the Walt Disney World Resort and parks. The hotel was well appointed and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a breakfast spread which we did not take advantage of, as we were in town for the 2014 Food and Wine Festival at Epcot which was great as usual. Parking was full as there are 3 Marriott hotels in this "village" as they call it, so sometimes we had to park a little far from the hotel, but that's not really a fault as it's just a crowded complex.

The price is reasonable when you factor the size of the room, which included a little kitchenette area w/ fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink. Both the sleeping area and couch area have hi-def televisions. I don't know when the last time the hotel rooms had what I consider a standard face lift (new carpet, new paint, new bathroom fixtures and so on) but it couldn't have been too long ago as they all seemed very nice.

These hotels are on the "other side" of I-4 as compared to Disney World, so you will have to cross the interstate and deal with some of that traffic but Disney traffic is always pretty busy. The hotel village is very close to the interstate so the non-Disney traffic is fairly minimal if that's your destination.

There were several families with kids playing in some sort of softball/baseball tournament that I believe was for college recruitment scouting so there were lots of kids around but it never felt too noisy.

A good place for kids and families. It doesn't feel like a luxury hotel for business travelers but given it's location to the Disney parks, I don't know if that's the target audience as it feels more suited for families. With the size of the room w/ 2 queen beds, a fold out couch and a balcony a single family should be able to stay and not feel too cramped.

Room Tip: From what other reviews I've read, and since we had a top floor room, I recommend a top floor ro...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ChrisPlavakis, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings Dennis,

I am delighted to read you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Your endorsement and confidence in us means the world to us as we strive to provide exceptional experiences to all of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was ok. Nothing special. Lots of noise in the halls that you hear in your room. They were putting down new carpeting in the floor above, and didn't stop hammering until 7 PM while I was there. Not great for business travel and/relaxing after work. Not many kids when I was there in October. They were surprised when I asked for lotion in addition to shampoo/conditioner. They had it, but didn't put in the rooms as a matter of course. The hotel was clean and the staff nice, and helpful. Breakfast wasn't anything special.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor and a room that's been refurbished.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Greetings 205sr,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista during your visit in Orlando. I am sorry to hear we failed to provide you with the experience you deserve and Marriott has been known to provide to our valued guests. This is unacceptable and not the experience we wish to provide. I was glad, however to see our staff met your expectations and you found the hotel clean.

If we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future please reach out to me as it would be a personal pleasure to welcome you home.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at this property a number of times since 2008. I kept coming back because it was always a great experience. The rooms and other areas are still clean, the staff is friendly and competent, the proximity to Disney is good, wifi is free, etc. So.... why just "okay" now? Two things in particular, the breakfast and charging for parking. The breakfast use to be a decent spread of a variety of foods. Now, it was just two hot (more like cool) entries of eggs and sausage patties, cereal, breads, and a fruit. They use to have a couple of waffle makers. Now they are gone. Second, parking use to be free to guests. Last year they imposed a $5.00 fee and this year raised it to a $6.00 fee for parking. Nickle and dimeing customers is not a great way to maintain loyalty. There are other Marriott brand properties in the area. There are hundreds of other hotels in the area. Will I stay here or recommend this property to others. Maybe, but not likely.

Hotel management: Spare me the response. If you are so concerned about a return on investment you now have to charge for parking, imagine the labor that you could save by not monitoring this and responding with a boiler-plate scripts.

Room Tip: Avoid any room on the I-4 side of the hotel. The highway is noisy at most hours.
Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Michael P,
I appreciate your candidness and although you didn't want a response from management I felt it was my duty to let you know that we take your concerns very seriously and I invite you to reach out to me directly at frank.sorrentino@marriott.com to discuss this in more detail.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us as it does help us make changes and address concerns of our guests. I'm glad that our staff continues to provide you with "friendly and competent" service and that you enjoy the free WiFi and cleanliness of our rooms.

We hope that you will give us the chance to continue to host you the next time you are in town.

Warm Regards,
Asst General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#106 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Otel, Marriott and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.