“Obviously ignoring the details....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #183 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Obviously ignoring the details....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We like SHS hotels as we have 3 teens and need the space. The main thing I noticed upon checking in at 5pm was the trash in the hallways. Little bits of paper, wrappers, etc. (the stairwells need a thorough sweeping as well). I would assume that housekeeping would have vacuumed between check in and check out. Also, We had 2 rooms. One was set with all the amenities. The other had nothing....no clock (seriously?!), a pad of paper with ONE piece of paper, no bedding for the pull out, no TV channel listing and a few other items the other room had. The towels are thin and old too. Not the high quality we had at a SHS the night before, elsewhere. It seems like this hotel could be better if they paid attention to the details. I expect this from a Marriott property. Other thoughts: Breakfast area is big and spacious; Great location for Sea World attractions; charging for parking to stay at your hotel is irritating. Will stay elsewhere next time. There are many other options. (Hotels in general: why can't you provide us with towel racks?? We have 5 people and we hang them on YOUR lamps, chairs, etc.)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear landpilots,

I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with our hotel and that the staff did not pay attention to details as you are correct those are the little things that make a huge difference. I assure we have addressed your concerns with all of our team members as it helps correct issues and ensure that future guest do not have the same experience. I hope that if you travels bring you to the Orlando are you give us a chance to make a lasting impression and provide you with the experience you expect.

Frank S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent four nights at this hotel while in town for a soccer tournament, along with many other sports teams. Pros: room was clean, comfortable, quiet, staff very pleasant. The breakfast area is very well spread out, adequate selection. They were very accommodating and had breakfast ready 1/2 hour early since several teams had early AM games. Cons: while they do have a fridge, microwave, sink, small coffeepot, there is no toaster, plates, plasticware, paper towels, dishtowels, etc., no sheets, pillows or blankets for the sofabed. Friends who had six in their room (all listed on the rez) there were four towels and no linens except for the two queen beds. One of our team families had no mattress on the sofa bed!! Very slow reaction to requests for missing items. If they are going to host many teams at a time (as they obviously do) they should have a basketball area, maybe a movie night, because the older kids had nothing to do on a rainy day but have races with luggage carts up and down the hall. Coffee set-up in the lobby had very limited hours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The SH suites is close to the magic kingdom and in its little marriott village with the courtyard and Fairfield inn. They have a shuttle, but it's coordinated with other marriotts, so it involves waiting.

We do not wait! Instead, we got the parking lot at 7:00 am and.. There were NO attendants to take our fee! YES! We arrived early for the behind the scenes tour.

Back to the hotel. It's a spring hill suites. No more or less. They do have the waffles for breakfast and had 6 waffle irons going at once. It was impressive. Get there early and you won't go Hungary

This hotel is a hood affordable option for the parks. Under 100$ with free breakfast and a suite. It is wonderfully as expected.

• Stayed June 2013
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have visited here many times, but this was by far the worse. It has gone from a good family hotel to a tour hotel. Free breakfast is nice, but not when service staff is rude, and they overly control the process.

If you arrive late, be aware that the front desk is not manned after midnight. When you see the cost, remember that they have added a parking fee just this year. This is a surprise to retuning travellers.

Approached the front desk with my concerns, (there's more) a received a sympathetic response and the offer of reward points, but no satisfaction.

Room Tip: Pool side view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Charles B,

I sincerely apologize about the experience you had with us and that you feel that the hotel has more tour groups rather than families. You are correct we have tour groups that visit us from different parts of the United States and some international groups. I hope that you give us a opportunity to make it up to you and your family if your travels bring you to Orlando in the future. I would also like inform you that we are proud to announce that we will be renovating our Springhill in summer of 2014. Please contact me directly at 407-938-4913.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

When we wear getting the room this lady had a attitude with my dad, just cuz he say him in a different color but my mom she was all nice to her... By the way my mom is white and my dad Honduran. The bathroom floor was sticky and the beds wear not fix right and the sofa smelled like pee

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mylittlepon,

I am sorry that you had such an experience with one of our team members and assure that behavior is not acceptable or tolerated at the Marriott Village. I apologies about your experience and only hope that you would give us and opportunity to make it up to you if should visit the area again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Room was missing all kinds of things. When I called the front desk to ask for them, they told me ok but, never got them. Front desk people where not helpful at all, when I asked for manager she told me she was one of the managers.

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings Fazal76,

I do apologize for the experience you had with us during your most recent stay. I assure you that we have addressed your concerns with our staff to ensure that our future guest don't have the same experience you did. I can only say that I am sincerely sorry that you had this experience and it did not meet your standards or ours and we would like to make it up to you if your travels bring you to Orlando Disney area again. Please contact me directly at 407-938-4913.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been using this hotel for a few years now and regularly bring individuals and groups as large as 200 to the Marriott Village. First, I love the clustering of the hotel products, choose from three different Marriott brands, each with it's own specialty. The Springhill Suites has rooms that are larger and more spacious, great for families and extended stays. They also have meeting space which has been quite helpful for our groups. Clean, efficient and most of all the personal service I received from the front desk was some of the finest I've received, giving a few local five star hotels a run for their money. I think some of the front desk staff must have been trained at a nearby 5 Star hotel. I won't go into details but let me just tell you that this front desk is efficient and service oriented, I thought I was at the Ritz-Carlton for a minute. The prices are great, the complimentary breakfast is far beyond expectation and the size of the property is big enough that you don't feel crowded like you do at other select service brand hotels. Location is great too, nearby all the major attractions and walking distance to restaurants, shops and some really great family friendly favorites like Chick-Fil-A!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MarriottVillageGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Greetings Roy F,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your stay at our hotel. I was very happy to hear your comment about the personal service you received from our Front Desk associates. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and to ensure your experience with us is a memorable one. I was also delighted to see your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and the size of the rooms.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Warm regards,

Chris Pilavakis

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #183 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.