“Great for families, business, a few days or even a week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #183 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great for families, business, a few days or even a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been using this hotel for a few years now and regularly bring individuals and groups as large as 200 to the Marriott Village. First, I love the clustering of the hotel products, choose from three different Marriott brands, each with it's own specialty. The Springhill Suites has rooms that are larger and more spacious, great for families and extended stays. They also have meeting space which has been quite helpful for our groups. Clean, efficient and most of all the personal service I received from the front desk was some of the finest I've received, giving a few local five star hotels a run for their money. I think some of the front desk staff must have been trained at a nearby 5 Star hotel. I won't go into details but let me just tell you that this front desk is efficient and service oriented, I thought I was at the Ritz-Carlton for a minute. The prices are great, the complimentary breakfast is far beyond expectation and the size of the property is big enough that you don't feel crowded like you do at other select service brand hotels. Location is great too, nearby all the major attractions and walking distance to restaurants, shops and some really great family friendly favorites like Chick-Fil-A!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MarriottVillageGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Greetings Roy F,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your stay at our hotel. I was very happy to hear your comment about the personal service you received from our Front Desk associates. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and to ensure your experience with us is a memorable one. I was also delighted to see your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and the size of the rooms.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Warm regards,

Chris Pilavakis

926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed three nights in the Springhill Suites while we explored Orlando. Things we liked were the breakfast (especially the size of the breakfast room, which was the biggest I've ever seen!), free internet, free parking (with coupon), size of the room (two queens PLUS sofa bed), and the location. Things we disliked were the cleanliness of the carpets, the quality of the linens (sheets on the sofa bed were torn), and the strange ability of the thermostat to re-set itself to 80 degrees in the middle of the night. Overall, it was a good experience for our family of four. I had thought it would be great to be in the "village" with three different pools to enjoy, but it turned out we came home so late and left so early we didn't even have time to go in one! We weren't looking for a five star hotel, and this suited us just fine. I had a deal from mousesavers.com which included a good price, free parking, and a $25 food voucher.

Room Tip: We were on the freeway side, which was a bit noisy. Consider asking for a room on the opposite side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in Orlando for 2 nights and it was a good choice as we needed 1 room for 4 adults and a kid. We had a very decent room: twoo wueen beds and a sofa for a affordable price. Pool is nice. Marriott Village is a good place with a Bahama Breeze restaurant at a walking distance. Launfry room on the floor was a pleasant surprise. Among minuses - paid parking and if you pay that does not guarantee your car is secure. When we were leaving we saw people from the hotel and a guest near his car on the hotel's parking lot. The car's wibdow was beoken at night. Breakfast is only satisfactory - but it seems it's a usual thing for Americal hotels. We are a bit spoiled by European breakfasts. All the rest was OK and we would consuder staying there again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. Our room was very spacious more than we had imagined. Included in the bedroom was 2 double beds and a full size sofa bed. Had a mini frige, coffee maker, and a microwave. We are a family of 6 and had 2 people per bed/sofa bed with no issues. The hotel staff was so friendly they run to get you what you need. Now let's talk about free breakfast. It's actually good, for the price that you're paying don't expect a 5 star meal (obviously not if you're staying in this hotel for the price) they serve you eggs, bagels, toast, oatmeal, muffins, yogurts, cereal, bacon, ham, sausage, milk, fresh fruit. They have some waffle machines where you get the batter and make the waffles yourself. The orange juice is to die for. Breakfast is very good for being free but make sure you get there early to beat the lines. Ask to stay away from the tour groups because a lot of groups stay here usually around the 3rd floor. I had read bad reviews before staying here but decided to do it anyways. The rugs in the hallway do look beat down but that's only in the hallway. The bathroom is big enough for you to take a shower in, you're obviously not going to have the size of a room for a bathroom if you're paying $80-$100 a night. Overall it's a great hotel. And I WILL stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings Katherine10239,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to hear you found the hotel to be very clean and the staff friendly. The ladies and gentlemen working at the hotel are committed to going above and beyond to deliver great experiences for our valued guests. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Further upgrades to the complimentary breakfast have been made recently.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Chris Pilavakis
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at the springHill suites 2 nights during a trip to Disney World. The rooms have a mold smell and the mattresses are just worn out. I lifted the bed sheets up and found hairs on the mattress. We have to use the sleeper sofa when I opened it up the mattress looked nasty maybe like someone had vomit on it . I called the front desk to get it out of the room because it had a terrible odor .It took 2 1/2 hours before they came to get the matterss. They then had to bring sheets which took even longer. Every time the air conditioner came on we could smell a strong mold smell. One more thing don't be fooled by the free breakfast it's not very good.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay at the springHill suites again.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
ukmom1991

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the experience you had with us the during your stay with us. Please contact me directly so that I will able to make it up to you and your family with a future stay with us.

Cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As family had previously stayed here we were aware that this was a budget base for our Disney parks visit. It was very clean and the reception and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful - though eating off polystyrene plates was a bit of a shock when we recycle so much here in the UK! Breakfast choice was acceptable and convenient to eat before we set off for the day with a pre-schooler and pregnant mummy not wanting to rush out too early.
Our only complaints would be allowing use of the pool until 11 at night - why? Noisy groups of youngsters would not be allowed to be unsupervised in pool areas anywhere else we've ever stayed in the world. Also the fountain play area of the pool needs some attention to it's base as flags are lifting and dangerous to little ones.
Also the charge of $170 dollars to keep the room for an extra 3 hours (which we declined !) seemed excessive.
There is a useful Starbucks and small Pizza Hut between the 3 hotels on the complex and a great Bahama Breeze within walking distance across the car parks with live music. We also walked to a lovely Carabas, which although not far meant crossing a major road - we didn't repeat that experience and chose to drive the short distance the next time.
Also nearby was a very good Publix store and although we chose to eat out at different locations every night we saw people bringing back hot and cold meals to eat in the rooms.

Room Tip: Might be better overlooking the car park than the pool to avoid noise.
cheshireangel

We would like to thank you for providing with feeback on your recent stay with us. We apologize for having to deal with noise issues with groups at the pool area. Our hours for pool operation will changing to 10pm to reduce guest concerns with noise.

Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After 3 days in Daytona, my daughter and I traveled to the Orlando/Disney area for an additional 3 days. Our plan was to visit the WDW property, Sea World and Magic Kingdom Park. I had originally booked another nearby property, but when my husband had to bow out of the trip and it was going to just be my daughter and I, I felt the need to upgrade to something a bit more than a cut-rate motel. We have already stayed in two Springhill Suites this year-Chicago and Pigeon Forge- and they have quickly become my favorite chain! I was intrigued by the mixed reviews this property receives, especially since Springhill and it's sister properties (Fairfield and Courtyard) are usually quite reputable.
We arrived at the property around 3pm, just in time for check-in. The lobby is spacious, and seemed busy for mid-day. There was only one desk clerk (I never saw more than one ever during our stay), with a travel concierge at a nearby desk. Check in was easy, and the clerk (Kelsi) went over a small paper brochure of information that was helpful. There was one central lobby, although we found additional entrance doors and elevators during our stay. It was a long way from the main elevators to our second floor room, but the room itself was very nice, clean and quiet. The bathroom was a little smaller than the previous Springhill's I have visited, but otherwise perfect for our needs.
We were told we needed to use our keycard for entry onto the property, as there was a gate into the parking lot. However, in our 3 days there, we only needed to use it once-the rest of the time the gate was standing wide open, even after the parking attendant had left his post for the night. Although I never felt unsafe, I had to park in the darker back lot every night upon return from the parks.
Breakfast was exactly what I come to expect from Springhill. It was perfectly fine for us, especially since we wanted to eat, but not too heavy a meal, and head out to the parks. We appreciated the guidelines to let us know when to expect heavier breakfast traffic.
The only complaint I have is that, on the day prior to our departure, I approached the front desk with a concern about my debit card, due to a hold on it from my previous hotel in Daytona. The front desk clerk did not seem to want to put much effort into helping me figure out what I would need to do had my card not gone through the next morning. Since we were leaving at 5:30 am for our flight home, I was worried about check out. I had nothing to worry about, since the charges cleared, but wonder if it would have even mattered, as the desk was unmanned and dark when we left the next morning. In fact, there was no luggage carts either. Clearly this property closes up for the night!
All in all, I found the hotel to be very nice and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
sharinsam08

We would like to thank you for all of your comments as they will be shared with our teams so that we may better serve our guest. We hope to see you on your next visit to Orlando Disney Area.

Frank S

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #183 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.