“Convenient but loaded with tour groups and unsupervised kids” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #185 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Convenient but loaded with tour groups and unsupervised kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night before a flight out of Orlando. This hotel is one of three Marriott chains that share a common property (the other two being a Courtyard and Fairfield Inn). I have stayed here before and every time the place is over run with tour groups of kids in town for soccer games, cheer leading conventions, etc. This visit was the same thing. When I went to park my car, I literally had to wait for 150 teenagers to board one of 3 buses before I could get my car by. Upon check in, I asked for a room with a balcony (I am Platinum elite). They told me there were none available and was given a room on the back side of the top floor (quiet, but a trek from the front desk). This was disappointing knowing that I have spent several years earning my Platinum status and the better rooms were given to school aged kids on a field trip. Pool is filled with unsupervised, screaming kids. Breakfast is a complete nightmare. You would think this is the last food available on earth. You need to push and shove to get anything because if you wait your turn, people will constantly walk in front of you. Rooms are ok, but the shower kept flooding the bathroom due to poor design. They now charge $5 to park your car which is unusual for a hotel of this category. All in all, if you need a value hotel for a night or two, it is ok. Anything longer will likely stress you out, especially if you are dealing with the Orlando crowds all day. Note, the Bahama Breeze restaurant and Golden Coral are right next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from where the large tour groups are staying.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Greetings ezajac,

I would like to first apologize for the groups and their behavior during you stay with us; I can assure that we review security needs with each group in order to minimize guest noise complaints and add additional security if needed. We are thankful for your loyalty to Marriott and if your travels bring you to Orlando in the future I would like to make it up to you and provide you with the experience you expected as a loyal Marriott Rewards member. Please contact me directly at 470-938-4913.

914 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Springhill Suites is 1 of 3 properties (Fairfield Inn & Courtyard brands) of Marriott Village that share a brick round about drive entrance with large active water display. Conveniently located just off the Exit to Disneworld's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT & related attractions. Marriott Village offers a 'free' shuttle to Disneyworld to save the drive in heavy traffic and to save the $14 daily parking charge for each Disney attraction. The 'complimentary' breakfast is above average for this type of quick start to the day. The dining area is spacious & in addition to the normal items, fresh cooked scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles are available. Flavored coffee is available in the lobby at all hours. A covered entrance is appreciated when loading/unloading luggage during tropical rains. There is a food court shared by the 3 properties with outdoor tables for enjoying pizza, sandwiches, salads, and Edies Ice Cream. Our room was clean with freshness, and provides a large flat screen T.V. eg, HBO Movie Channel. The small fridge ample for our cold drinks & snacks. Microwave for late night movie popcorn. We stayed in #3331 overlooking the large & landscaped outdoor pool area. USA Today Newspapers complimentary. There is a workout room, spa & large pool area that we did not use, but others did. For the reasons described, we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Property is 5 levels...we stay on the 3rd level inside view over pool which provides a nice view, is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
renfrew scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

When we booked asked for a room wth a balcony. Had to wait till the second day when we were moved to a room with a balcony. No cups, plates, knives or forks in room. No chairs so that we could use the table in room (table more like a computer table). Small fridge but ok for what we wanted to use it for. Very noisy late at night (between 11pm and 1am) with what seemed a number of school groups staying over. Phoned reception who said the security guard was on his way up to our floor so we weren't the only ones who were complaining. Absolutely ridiculous teachers shouting names and allocating rooms in the corridors. I felt as if I was staying in a Youth Hostel. The staff are very pleasant but they have a hard job. Good local but I don't think I would come back too noisy. Sorry but not quite what was expected

Room Tip: Find out what floor school groups are on before you get a room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings renfrew01,

We appreciate your review on our property and I would like to assure that we have addressed your concerns with noise from groups with our Security team to help limit future complaints from our guest regarding groups in the evening hours. I am glad to hear that our staff was very friendly. We look forward seeing you in the future when you visit Orlando.

Brentwood, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We needed an inexpensive option located between the Orlando airport and Davenport, FL, where family is located. We flew in on Sunday and spent one night then headed to Port Canaveral for a cruise. In addition to being where we needed it, it was close to many of the Orlando attractions, freeway close and easy to get in and out of (although traffic in the area is a little heavy). It was clean, breakfast buffet was convenient (although there didn't seem to be a lot of focus on keeping the used tables cleared), and the staff was friendly. There are a lot of restaurant options within a very short drive. The room and roll-in shower were very wheelchair accessible. We'd stay again should we have a similar need but would probably look for more of a resort environment if we were staying longer and/or going to Orlando attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CDPRP12,

I appreciate the great feedback from you and glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Orlando area.

Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I never expected a Marriott property, actually any reputable chain hotel, to have the issues that we encountered at this hotel. First and foremost, we awoke our first morning to a fire alarm. We dutifully found the stairs and made our way to the first floor, and saw a lot of smoke in some kind of mechanical room. We muddled through water standing on the floor from the smoke detectors. Honestly at this point I thought - hey, this could happen to anybody. We were forgiving, but when we stood outside waiting for the all clear, other travelers shared that this had happened multiple times in a week. We noticed the alarm panel near the entrance the very next day - the trouble light was blinking and an alarm was sounding at the entrance. There were four desk clerks standing within 20 feet and nobody blinked an eye. We asked what was going on and nobody had an answer. So the whole time we were staying there we had fear that we were going to end up with a fire at this property. And it probably would have happened while we were locked out of our room. We had four, count them - four sets of keys made because our keys would only work for one or two uses and then stop working. Again, I thought this was an isolated problem until the third time I went to return my keys and met up with another guest who was returning her keys because they did not work. As if that's not enough, the "free in-room internet" is very temperamental - it only worked about half the time we were there. In all fairness, when I compiled a list of complaints and took them to the desk clerk, she immediately knocked about 25% off our bill. The clerks were at all times friendly. The room itself was lovely, when we could get into it. However the common area carpeting was filthy - throughout the hotel. And I am a big fan of air conditioning, but the hallways in this hotel were always frigid. This is coming from a person that likes cold air. I wonder if too much air conditioning was causing their fire problems?? Anyways, I highly recommend that if you desire a carefree vacation, you do not stay at this hotel until some significant improvements are made. Otherwise you'll come back to the hotel to unwind after a long day at Disney, and get more wound up than you were in the first place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ColoradoKat23,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay with us; although I cannot make up for the time spent dealing with the issues you experienced. I would like to take this time to offer you a sincere apology and would like the opportunity to make it up to you and your family if your travels bring you to the Orlando area again in the future. Please contact me directly at 407-938-4913.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed before at the Courtyard in the Marriott Village - like it a lot. I gave the Springhill a try, it's OK, I guess I thought the building was newer and might be nicer than the Courtyard. It's fine, don't get me wrond, but the Courtyard has been updated and rooms were cleaner than the Springhill. The advantage is you get free breakfast (great for families) and also a microwave & refer (at least in the room I had). This is a big help for saving on food costs - even if the refer is small.

My room aslo had the sleeper sofa, which could be helpful for families. Overall the cleanliness was not an issue, it was fine, just not as nice as the Courtyard.

I do really like Springhill's layout in thier rooms - for families it can be VERY nice as the toilet has it's own water-closet & own sink...then the shower has the full sink in a seperate little bathroom. BIG help if you have older kids with you to have, essentially, two bathrooms.

Also has a desk & small coffee table area which is sort-of seperated from the beds by a room-divider.

Staff always seem nice at the "Village" - so this is my go-to spot in Orlando!

NOTE for entrance onto I-4 going North (or East) - at rush hour (eve) it can be HELL to get to the entrance to I-4 just around the corner (right out of the village & right at 535 to hop on freeway).....you are better off going LEFT on 535 & taking the 1st major right onto 536 / World Center Drive......you can hop onto I-4 so much faster here!

.....often when events are at the Marriott World Center (which is about 2 miles away around the corner) I will stay here & pay the valet fee at MWC with the $$ I save on the room-rate. NOTE for World Center Marriott Convention attendees: if your event is in the CYPRESS ballrooms, you will probably prefer to self-park in the garage (go to 3rd floor where breezway is located). Self is $15 per day, it is covered (cools cars in hotter days). IF YOUR EVENT is in the GRAND or CRYSTAL or PALMS ballrooms, you will be happier if you valet! Its about $22+tax, but the walk is a LOT less! Either way, I like the valet option as there is a Starbucks just inside the front entrance of the hotel, you can graba drink & take a very short escalator down to the ballrooms.

Room Tip: I like to ask for a room on a low floor (especially with kids, this way footfalls wont wake others...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is good and the front desk staff were helpful and polite, but that is the only good thing to say about it. The cleanliness is poor in the rooms, bath only cleaned 3 times in 2 weeks. Complained to management all they were concerned about was shampoo replaced. It is also used as a youth hostel with school aged children running about shouting and banging doors late at night and very early in morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear RhonaL90,

I apologize about the experience you had during your visit to our property. I assure you that we value all guest feedback as it helps us improve our service for future guest. I sincerely would like to make it up to you and your family if your travels bring you to Orlando in the future. Please contact me directly at 407-938-4913.

Frank S

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #185 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.