“One Night Stay - Wheelchair Accessible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #184 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Brentwood, Tennessee
“One Night Stay - Wheelchair Accessible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We needed an inexpensive option located between the Orlando airport and Davenport, FL, where family is located. We flew in on Sunday and spent one night then headed to Port Canaveral for a cruise. In addition to being where we needed it, it was close to many of the Orlando attractions, freeway close and easy to get in and out of (although traffic in the area is a little heavy). It was clean, breakfast buffet was convenient (although there didn't seem to be a lot of focus on keeping the used tables cleared), and the staff was friendly. There are a lot of restaurant options within a very short drive. The room and roll-in shower were very wheelchair accessible. We'd stay again should we have a similar need but would probably look for more of a resort environment if we were staying longer and/or going to Orlando attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear CDPRP12,

I appreciate the great feedback from you and glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Orlando area.

922 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I never expected a Marriott property, actually any reputable chain hotel, to have the issues that we encountered at this hotel. First and foremost, we awoke our first morning to a fire alarm. We dutifully found the stairs and made our way to the first floor, and saw a lot of smoke in some kind of mechanical room. We muddled through water standing on the floor from the smoke detectors. Honestly at this point I thought - hey, this could happen to anybody. We were forgiving, but when we stood outside waiting for the all clear, other travelers shared that this had happened multiple times in a week. We noticed the alarm panel near the entrance the very next day - the trouble light was blinking and an alarm was sounding at the entrance. There were four desk clerks standing within 20 feet and nobody blinked an eye. We asked what was going on and nobody had an answer. So the whole time we were staying there we had fear that we were going to end up with a fire at this property. And it probably would have happened while we were locked out of our room. We had four, count them - four sets of keys made because our keys would only work for one or two uses and then stop working. Again, I thought this was an isolated problem until the third time I went to return my keys and met up with another guest who was returning her keys because they did not work. As if that's not enough, the "free in-room internet" is very temperamental - it only worked about half the time we were there. In all fairness, when I compiled a list of complaints and took them to the desk clerk, she immediately knocked about 25% off our bill. The clerks were at all times friendly. The room itself was lovely, when we could get into it. However the common area carpeting was filthy - throughout the hotel. And I am a big fan of air conditioning, but the hallways in this hotel were always frigid. This is coming from a person that likes cold air. I wonder if too much air conditioning was causing their fire problems?? Anyways, I highly recommend that if you desire a carefree vacation, you do not stay at this hotel until some significant improvements are made. Otherwise you'll come back to the hotel to unwind after a long day at Disney, and get more wound up than you were in the first place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ColoradoKat23,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay with us; although I cannot make up for the time spent dealing with the issues you experienced. I would like to take this time to offer you a sincere apology and would like the opportunity to make it up to you and your family if your travels bring you to the Orlando area again in the future. Please contact me directly at 407-938-4913.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed before at the Courtyard in the Marriott Village - like it a lot. I gave the Springhill a try, it's OK, I guess I thought the building was newer and might be nicer than the Courtyard. It's fine, don't get me wrond, but the Courtyard has been updated and rooms were cleaner than the Springhill. The advantage is you get free breakfast (great for families) and also a microwave & refer (at least in the room I had). This is a big help for saving on food costs - even if the refer is small.

My room aslo had the sleeper sofa, which could be helpful for families. Overall the cleanliness was not an issue, it was fine, just not as nice as the Courtyard.

I do really like Springhill's layout in thier rooms - for families it can be VERY nice as the toilet has it's own water-closet & own sink...then the shower has the full sink in a seperate little bathroom. BIG help if you have older kids with you to have, essentially, two bathrooms.

Also has a desk & small coffee table area which is sort-of seperated from the beds by a room-divider.

Staff always seem nice at the "Village" - so this is my go-to spot in Orlando!

NOTE for entrance onto I-4 going North (or East) - at rush hour (eve) it can be HELL to get to the entrance to I-4 just around the corner (right out of the village & right at 535 to hop on freeway).....you are better off going LEFT on 535 & taking the 1st major right onto 536 / World Center Drive......you can hop onto I-4 so much faster here!

.....often when events are at the Marriott World Center (which is about 2 miles away around the corner) I will stay here & pay the valet fee at MWC with the $$ I save on the room-rate. NOTE for World Center Marriott Convention attendees: if your event is in the CYPRESS ballrooms, you will probably prefer to self-park in the garage (go to 3rd floor where breezway is located). Self is $15 per day, it is covered (cools cars in hotter days). IF YOUR EVENT is in the GRAND or CRYSTAL or PALMS ballrooms, you will be happier if you valet! Its about $22+tax, but the walk is a LOT less! Either way, I like the valet option as there is a Starbucks just inside the front entrance of the hotel, you can graba drink & take a very short escalator down to the ballrooms.

Room Tip: I like to ask for a room on a low floor (especially with kids, this way footfalls wont wake others...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is good and the front desk staff were helpful and polite, but that is the only good thing to say about it. The cleanliness is poor in the rooms, bath only cleaned 3 times in 2 weeks. Complained to management all they were concerned about was shampoo replaced. It is also used as a youth hostel with school aged children running about shouting and banging doors late at night and very early in morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear RhonaL90,

I apologize about the experience you had during your visit to our property. I assure you that we value all guest feedback as it helps us improve our service for future guest. I sincerely would like to make it up to you and your family if your travels bring you to Orlando in the future. Please contact me directly at 407-938-4913.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Marriott Village is located very close to every Orlando attraction. Lots of children groups running around. Breakfast is a little less than average. If don't get to breakfast early you will find a mess.
One night, fire alarm was activated, and we had to go outside and wait for about 20min, I don't think this happens every often, just bad luck. Room is just ok. Definitely recommend this hotel because of room and location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Fcb-arq,

We have a great location close to Disney that provides free transportation to Disney. I am sorry to hear about the group of children running around the hotel. I would also encourage you to visit us again if you visit Orlando in the future so that you may enjoy our new breakfast options.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Never in my life have I taken the time to write a review but this hotel stay warrents one. We checked in and thought it was decent for what we needed, until bed time. We went to shower and found black mold on the ceiling...how they are not shut down for this is flabergasting!! They allowed us to change rooms which at 9:45 with three exhausted kids took forever and then when they did bring us a key they watched us try and carry all our stuff to our room without offering to help. There were no sheets or blankets for the pull out couch and we were so tired we just crammed in the two beds. The rooms smell musky and definately need some help. The beds have pretty much just a thin blanket on them so we froze all night. Then in the morning we decided to get our moneys worth and take advantage of the free breakfast and it was disgusting and when asked to get a table cleaned off the bus boy handed me the towel to do it my self....perfect ending to a horrible stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Greetings hrlaub,

I would like to apologize as we did not meet your or our Marriott standards during your stay with us. I cannot make up for the time you spent dealing with this during your visit; however if your travels bring you to Orlando again I would like to personally make it up to you and your family. Please contact me at 407-938-4913.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were down to Orlando for a mini vacation and we choose this Marriott as it was close to Disney Parks,Sea World and plenty of Resturants. The assistant general manager Frank Sorrentino was superburb in his care and concern for us and went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was a good one! The staff, especially Sally Alvites and a wonderfully pleasant spanish woman in the breakfast bar were very helpful, and kind. The motel was clean and nicely decorated and the cleaning personnel kept us well supplied with all necessities as well as insuring the cleanliness and comfort of the room. We had a terrific experience due to Frank Sorrentino's management. He and his staff made us feel very much at home.

Room Tip: High floors have less noise and gave us room to spread out in. Loved having room with sink,refrigera...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottVillageGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Greetings Bharat P,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your stay at the SpringHill Suites Lake Buena Vista. I was very happy to hear you recognize Frank Sorrentino, Assistant General Manager and Sally at the Front Desk. Both of these individuals go above and beyond to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Your satisfaction is paramount to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Orlando.

Warm regards,

Chris Pilavakis

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#184 Top resorts Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.