“Favorite of the Three Hotels in the Marriott Village” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #184 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Favorite of the Three Hotels in the Marriott Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This Marriott property seems to have the most spacious rooms in the Village. The suites are actually like a suite unlike Fairfield's. It is very conveniently located to I-4, restaurants, shops, pharmacies, grocery, you name it! However, it is all located on a very busy road so I would not recommend anyone walking. It is only about a 5 minute drive to Downtown Disney and about 10-15 min drive to Epcot and Magic Kingdom. We love the walk-in beach style pool! And there is a great water play area for the kids.

I booked the Disney Marathon Package which was to include a fruit basket (was given a pre-cut cup of fruit, granola bar and gatorade) pasta dinner for two (which we had to go to the Courtyard to get and it was only within a certain time. So we had to leave the parks to go get it. The food was great but i requested it to go and the "dinner for two" was put into one box. It was penne pasta with some bread and two bottles of soda) and one way shuttle to the race start (This is my biggest negative to the package!! We were told the shuttle would pick us up at 3am for the race. I went to the lobby and NO ONE WAS DOWN THERE! Not even a receptionist. There was only a sign that said if you need anything call this number.... Which ended up being over at the Courtyard. So I walked over to the Courtyard where others were waiting for fear of being left and I'm so glad I did because he never stopped at Spring Hill or Fairfield. He finally arrived at 3:30 in a very nasty 15 passenger van that he had obviously just finished smoking in. We finally left at 3:45 and we were practically sitting on top of each other) With all that being said, yes, I was glad to not have to wake my family to take me to the start line as in previous years, but no, I would not book the package again. Nor would I stay here for a race. For you runners out there, they were only giving a late check-out of 12 noon. Anyone who has ran Disney knows that's impossible. I was granted 1:00 but you would have thought it was a huge deal because it was a hassle the next day too. If someone books the "marathon package" let them have a decent late check out!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, pool side.

920 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had swapped from the fairfield to this hotel and was extremely happy great room staff were fantastic and the breakfast really good value, also within walking distance of Bahama Breeze one of the best places we ate. Unfortunately the hotel was let down by the security. OUr room was left unlocked by member of staff and whilst they acknowledged this was a mistake they refused to accpet responsibility when we were robbed. The safety deposit boxes they provide at reception are too small for laptops, tablets, camera's etc.... so unless you carry everything around with you (not really the type of holiday for this) you are at the mercy of the hotel. As the room was unsecure we can not claim on our insurance and therefore it was a very costly trip for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us during your most recent stay in Orlando. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the facility and the amenities that the hotel provides; I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with our security at the hotel and I can assure you that we have addressed your concerns and review hotel security procedures on a daily basis with our teams to ensure guest safety. If you are traveling to the Orlando area in the future please contact me directly at 407-938-9001 as we would love to make it up to you and your family.

Frank S
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is good, but don't expect anything upscale or luxurious. It's a good middle of the road hotel with friendly staff and clean rooms. The room was also large. It includes a small kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator. If you want a reasonable middle of the road hotel, stay here. It's one exit east of Disney.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This review applies to the 3 hotels in the Marriott Village. They are managed as one. I booked my room more than 3 months in advance in the Fairfield Inn so was very surprised that on arrival after an overnight 12 hrs flight, I was told there was not room. Overbooked. However, I was more impressed by the professional way the hotel staff managed to turn this into a positive experience. I was offered a free taxi transfer to a near by upgraded hotel, where I landed in a super nice suite for a night. Free dinner and breakfast and shuttle back to The Fairfield Inn. After arrival there was a nice letter from the manager with full apologies etc. waiting in my room. However, it turns out that the free wireless excess in fact does not work that well with Android systems. The other 2 hotels (Court Yard and Springhill Suites) have another provider and no problems. Again. No problem. I was offered an upgraded room in the Springhill Suites at no extra costs. All in all, for me this is a perfect example on how a well trained friendly staff can turn a 1 rating into a 4, and make sure I will come back again next year. As I do for many years now.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the close by highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We've stayed here many times and always found a nice clean, quiet room; guest laundry; more than substantial free breakfast and a helpful staff. Disney is a short drive away as are a Panera Bread and Carrabas. Starbucks is right in Marriott Village. Bonus - a great outlet mall is right down the street.

Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The property is close to anything in Orlando. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is large and can accommodate a large crowd. There areas in the hotel and rooms that are showing its age. This would be a great place for a family to stay. Good place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay at this property each year at the same time for a work program and this year was so elated as I think they have gone through and upgrade. The showers had dual nozzles and the beds were incredibly comfortable. the TVs were great and I even think you could just do with 1 in this smaller room. It was a suite property so the space was nice to relax in the evening. I did not use the pool however the food facitlities are great to take to your room and the complimentary hot breakfast is a great way to start the day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #184 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.