“Well Priced and Well Located Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #191 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Well Priced and Well Located Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We've stayed here many times and always found a nice clean, quiet room; guest laundry; more than substantial free breakfast and a helpful staff. Disney is a short drive away as are a Panera Bread and Carrabas. Starbucks is right in Marriott Village. Bonus - a great outlet mall is right down the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The property is close to anything in Orlando. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is large and can accommodate a large crowd. There areas in the hotel and rooms that are showing its age. This would be a great place for a family to stay. Good place to stay!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay at this property each year at the same time for a work program and this year was so elated as I think they have gone through and upgrade. The showers had dual nozzles and the beds were incredibly comfortable. the TVs were great and I even think you could just do with 1 in this smaller room. It was a suite property so the space was nice to relax in the evening. I did not use the pool however the food facitlities are great to take to your room and the complimentary hot breakfast is a great way to start the day. I would definitely stay here again.

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here last week for a convention. I was pleasantly suprised at every turn. The hotel staff was superb. I arrived at 11am and they worked hard for several minutes to find a room that was available!
The room was fresh and updated. The king sized bed was very comfortable, with comfortable sheets and pillows. There was a nice small sofa with a coffee table, and a microwave, refriderator and desk. In the sleeping area there was a 32" flatscreen tv. The bathroom area had a tub/shower and stool in one room and a sink with a mirror on the outside.
As a very frequent business traveler, there are several things I consider annoyances and I alway dread staying in a brand I'm not familiar with as I had to do with this stay. This hotel had none of them.
Their breakfast buffet was amazing. As good as going to a restaraunt! There were cold and hot cereals, eggs, waffles, breakfast meats, fresh fruits, yogurt, breads, bagles and pastries, ice cold milk (even skim), ice cold oj, coffee, tea and probably more that I didn't see. Also the dining room was huge and clean and I always found a seat even though they were booked solid.
Here are the things that eliminate a particular hotel from my list, which again, this hotel passed at every turn;
1. A heating/cooling system that is loud or hard to adjust - Passed with flying colors!
2. Low water pressure - Passed with flying colors
3. Refriderator that doesn't cool or freezes my morning milk - Passed :)
4. No iron, or one that is dirty and potentially will make a stain on my clothes - Passed!
5. No television station guide (I hate searching through 100's of stations to find my Fox News) - Passed!
6. Slow drains (gross) - Passed!
7. Too few elevators - Passed, never had to wait
In that same "complex" are 2 other Marriot brand hotels, but this one is the only suite hotel. Also there was a Pizza Hut express, Hershey's ice cream, a deli and a coffee place with pastries, cold bottled drinks and snacks.
Since I was there on business, I don't know how long the shuttles take to get to the area theme parks, but they have a conciere, so I'm sure they do that well also. I was so busy, I didn't check out the workout room or pools, but they have both.
Next door and within safe walking distance is a Bahama Breeze and a Golden Coral. I ate at the Bahama Breeze twice and that was a great experience as well. Good food, good service and short wait times.
In summary, this SpringHill Suite was a hit in my book and I would enjoy staying here again.

Coeur d'Alene
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Low end at business pricing. There were white stains on the couch. I asked for them to be cleaned, but it never happened. (I have pictures). The drawers in the dresser would not close. They were catty-wampus and left a 4-6" gap. My organization goes to Orlando regularly, but will not be staying at this hotel ever again. They don't even strive for mediocrity.

• Stayed December 2012
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear IdahoAim,

I sincerely apologies about the experience you had with us during your visit to Orlando. Please rest assured that we have addressed the issues you had in your room. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you in the future if your plans bring you to the Lake Buena Vista Area.

Frank S
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We were in Orlando for a gymnastics meet at the Wide World of Sports. This hotel was only a few minutes away. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and heloful. It was busy, but I didn't notice any issues with noise. Really my only complaint would be that we needed to leave by 7a.m. for our meet and got to breakfast right at 6:30 when it was supposed to open and they were just starting to put food out so we had to wait. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here while on a business trip in early January and can honestly say that the only appealing part of of my trip was driving through the fountain gateway on my very first day. From then onward, things went downhill fast. This Springhill Suites is apparently one of the largest of its kind according to the check-in lady, and unfortunately of all the check-in routines that I've witnessed while travelling none remotely compared to the deplorable treatment I was given by Kim, at the front office on that day. It became apparently clear to me that she was having a particularly awful day, and I simply dismissed it as such, but she was memorably disrespectful and snarky when checking me in. I was grudgingly handed keys and little did I know that my one-person adventure at the Marriott Jungle Motel, was about to begin. The room I was initially given, had unmade beds, a putrid and lingering smell of mold, and rancid smelling towels. I nearly vomited when I caught a scent of the pestilence brewing in that room. The second room was not at all stellar. Grime and soap scum rimmed the tub, soggy carpeting, peeling wallpaper, and a bed that simply looked incomplete, no skirt, duvet, or anything were found. Only two white sheets thrown over a mattress. Out of a five day stay, my room was serviced by housekeeping only twice, despite repeated attempts to have someone address it. As others have said, none of the room's toiletries seem to ever be replaced here.

The grounds and property appeared overly used and worn, as if this hotel had drastically made it passed its expiration date. The staff also looked worn and didn't seem to show any pride of where they worked. I honestly don't blame them. If I were employed in a building as rundown as this I would run, not walk away from there.

The other memorable part of my jungle trip, were the countless screaming children parading at late hours of the night along the corridors without any redress by security after several complaints to the front desk. Apparently this hotel is big on youth groups by the busloads, you can see them pulling up front all day long. They crowded the elevators and created chaos without any intervention by parents or hotel staff. As a business traveler I would've greatly appreciated to have been placed on another floor. The roaches were also a very nice touch might I add. From floors to the ceiling, my room appeared to be infested with them along with ongoing water problems that maintenance kept insisting were normal. I barely slept during my trip to say the very least. The breakfast layout was an absolute joke, utter revolving pandemonium, morning after morning. Spills everywhere and the hall literally ran out of food twenty minutes before closing. What a total circus. I chose to eat out every morning on the rest of my days and recommend others do the same. Wireless was spotty in most areas and depressingly slow at best, but at least it was free.

As others have said traffic is horrendous getting in and out of the complex, and due to its proximity to Disney, the hotels appear to be landlocked by the Outlet mall and only two local roads that are the major thruways in this area. Getting to and from the Convention Center during my trip was nightmarish almost daily.

Please think twice if you're contemplating on staying here with children, and don't even consider this roach-infested rathole the remotest of possibilities if you're a business traveler in any sense of the term. I can say that I've literally stayed at true standing MOTELS throughout the country that could easily outclass what Marriott has going for them here. Luckily enough, my corporate office had paid for the trip which didn't lead me to ask for some kind of remuneration upon departure. I'll simply make sure to never get booked here again. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen from what I witnessed while there. BEWARE. You have been warned.

Dear Chanti G,

I sincerely apologies about the experience you had with us during your stay. We love the feedback as it helps us identify areas that we need to improve upon in order to ensure the best experience for our guest. Unfortunately I cannot make up for the time you had but would love to make it up to you if your travels bring you to the Orlando area again and provide us with a 2nd chance and ensure that you are completely satisfied with our staff and hotel.

Frank S

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#145 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.