“White stains and broken furniture” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #185 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Coeur d'Alene
“White stains and broken furniture”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Low end at business pricing. There were white stains on the couch. I asked for them to be cleaned, but it never happened. (I have pictures). The drawers in the dresser would not close. They were catty-wampus and left a 4-6" gap. My organization goes to Orlando regularly, but will not be staying at this hotel ever again. They don't even strive for mediocrity.

• Stayed December 2012
Frank S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear IdahoAim,

I sincerely apologies about the experience you had with us during your visit to Orlando. Please rest assured that we have addressed the issues you had in your room. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you in the future if your plans bring you to the Lake Buena Vista Area.

898 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We were in Orlando for a gymnastics meet at the Wide World of Sports. This hotel was only a few minutes away. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and heloful. It was busy, but I didn't notice any issues with noise. Really my only complaint would be that we needed to leave by 7a.m. for our meet and got to breakfast right at 6:30 when it was supposed to open and they were just starting to put food out so we had to wait. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here while on a business trip in early January and can honestly say that the only appealing part of of my trip was driving through the fountain gateway on my very first day. From then onward, things went downhill fast. This Springhill Suites is apparently one of the largest of its kind according to the check-in lady, and unfortunately of all the check-in routines that I've witnessed while travelling none remotely compared to the deplorable treatment I was given by Kim, at the front office on that day. It became apparently clear to me that she was having a particularly awful day, and I simply dismissed it as such, but she was memorably disrespectful and snarky when checking me in. I was grudgingly handed keys and little did I know that my one-person adventure at the Marriott Jungle Motel, was about to begin. The room I was initially given, had unmade beds, a putrid and lingering smell of mold, and rancid smelling towels. I nearly vomited when I caught a scent of the pestilence brewing in that room. The second room was not at all stellar. Grime and soap scum rimmed the tub, soggy carpeting, peeling wallpaper, and a bed that simply looked incomplete, no skirt, duvet, or anything were found. Only two white sheets thrown over a mattress. Out of a five day stay, my room was serviced by housekeeping only twice, despite repeated attempts to have someone address it. As others have said, none of the room's toiletries seem to ever be replaced here.

The grounds and property appeared overly used and worn, as if this hotel had drastically made it passed its expiration date. The staff also looked worn and didn't seem to show any pride of where they worked. I honestly don't blame them. If I were employed in a building as rundown as this I would run, not walk away from there.

The other memorable part of my jungle trip, were the countless screaming children parading at late hours of the night along the corridors without any redress by security after several complaints to the front desk. Apparently this hotel is big on youth groups by the busloads, you can see them pulling up front all day long. They crowded the elevators and created chaos without any intervention by parents or hotel staff. As a business traveler I would've greatly appreciated to have been placed on another floor. The roaches were also a very nice touch might I add. From floors to the ceiling, my room appeared to be infested with them along with ongoing water problems that maintenance kept insisting were normal. I barely slept during my trip to say the very least. The breakfast layout was an absolute joke, utter revolving pandemonium, morning after morning. Spills everywhere and the hall literally ran out of food twenty minutes before closing. What a total circus. I chose to eat out every morning on the rest of my days and recommend others do the same. Wireless was spotty in most areas and depressingly slow at best, but at least it was free.

As others have said traffic is horrendous getting in and out of the complex, and due to its proximity to Disney, the hotels appear to be landlocked by the Outlet mall and only two local roads that are the major thruways in this area. Getting to and from the Convention Center during my trip was nightmarish almost daily.

Please think twice if you're contemplating on staying here with children, and don't even consider this roach-infested rathole the remotest of possibilities if you're a business traveler in any sense of the term. I can say that I've literally stayed at true standing MOTELS throughout the country that could easily outclass what Marriott has going for them here. Luckily enough, my corporate office had paid for the trip which didn't lead me to ask for some kind of remuneration upon departure. I'll simply make sure to never get booked here again. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen from what I witnessed while there. BEWARE. You have been warned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chanti G,

I sincerely apologies about the experience you had with us during your stay. We love the feedback as it helps us identify areas that we need to improve upon in order to ensure the best experience for our guest. Unfortunately I cannot make up for the time you had but would love to make it up to you if your travels bring you to the Orlando area again and provide us with a 2nd chance and ensure that you are completely satisfied with our staff and hotel.

Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel (part of a complex / "village") is in a great location wrt many of the attractions people come to Orlando for. It has a pretty good shuttle service running into the Disney World theme park and overall the facilities are quite nice.

Unfortunately, if you are here on business, you may want to go elsewhere. Its proximity to DW results in a massive amount of traffic in families (including wailing babies and temper tantrum-throwing todds) which kinda detracts from the idea of heading back to the hotel after a long day's work for a little R&R.

Finally, the breakfast bar is deplorable! Looking into the room, you are impressed with the size of the buffet and facility (spacewise). But upon closer examination, it has very little to choose from and trots out the "mystery meat" every other morning as the only selection of breakfast meat. If you want something besides reconstituted eggs, meat of dubious provenance, or a mediocre selection of cold cereals and breads, you'd better eat out!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike-n-Inga,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your experience with us as it helps us improve our service for future guest. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your free shuttle transportation to Disney. I also do apologies that you had a bad experience in our breakfast area; however since your stay we have update our breakfast items with healthier options for guest and more variety to choose from as SpringHill Suites has updated their breakfast nationwide. If you travels bring you to Orlando again please contact us directly as we would like to make it up to you.

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks over Christmas. Great location, with curtesy coach to the Disney parks but don't be late for return pick up or they'll go without you! Not us, but we saw it happen!

Hotel staff friendly & helpful, Suites are spacious, beds lovely & comfy; slept great & never disturbed. Could have better drink making fascilities in unit but free drinks were available, at certain times, in reception. Small "shop" also in reception.

The swmming pool is lovely and the whirlpool a lovely 104 degrees; great treat after a day at the theme parks.

The curtesy breakfast was satisfactory food wise but we disliked the self-service free for all and the lack of table & chairs for sitting and eating breakfast. People overflowed into the reception area to eat or took food back to their units. We strongly disliked the use of polystyrene cups, plates & bowls and plastic cutlery....not what we expected of a Marriott Hotel.

The biggest dislike of this hotel was the lack of hot water on most mornings; you can imagine the problems this caused? They sent a maintinence man at 2.30pm who said water temperature was ok. Well, we all know why; everyone was out of hotel at the theme parks!

Room service was patchy, depending on who was on duty.

We have put a complaint in to a tour operator and wouldn't stay there again. The bad points of this hotel sadly out weighed the good points for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear tudorgirl37,

We truly appreciate all the great feedback about our hotel and the guest experience they had with us. I am very glad to hear that our staff here was very friendly and helpful during your 2 week stay. I do apologies for the hot water issue you experienced during your stay; I would love to hear from you if your travels bring you to Orlando again so we may make it up to you and your family.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is ideally located - close to the highway (I-4) and a very short drive to the Disney parks. The rooms are decent and pretty good size. Housekeeping does a decent job, but are often inconsistent with replacing the little shower bottles, lotion, and towels as well as cleaning the bathroom. When in Orlando for a theme park spree the guests need a very helpful and knowledgeable front-desk staff at the hotel and SpringHill Marriott provides one with just that. It also has a quality fitness center, great pool area, a very decent free breakfast, free coffee at the lobby, very helpful free wifi too!
The location worked out great for me to relax in the evening after the hectic theme. The hotel is located in walking distance of some lovely eateries, night clubs, pubs like Bahama Breeze, Carrabba's Italian Grill, and The Golden Corral. There are departmental stores, fun zones and even a helicopter tour operator just a block away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the top floor room for minimum disturbance from the swimming pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Always stay here on business. Booked 3 rooms and even though I am a platinum member did not honor the king size bed in all 3 rooms. Hotel is run down from all the traffic it receives. 2nd night a bus of kids came in at 11 am. Suffice it tio say security was called to calm them down in the hallways. 3rd night more people checked in at 11:45 pm and were racing up and down the halls. I had to tell them to calm down. The free breakfast is similar to a college cafeteria or an army cafeteria. Ended going to Starbucks each day as the cafeteria was crowded with kids. Fitness center was ok. Rooms were adequate but ask for extra blankets. Towels not great. Plentyof parking. Since this is one of the biggest SpringHill's they should have a quiet wing on one of the floor instead of putting groups of kids next to business travelers.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nailcutter,

I do apologies for the noise experience you had during your stay with us and have addressed your concerns with our staff to ensure that we control group noise in the future. We appreciate all guest feedback regarding their stay with as we learn how to improve our service for our future guest. I sincerely hope that you let us know if your travels bring you to Orlando so that we may have the opportunity to make it up to you and your family.

Frank S

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#185 Top resorts Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.