“Good all round, well located property.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #192 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Edinburgh
“Good all round, well located property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My family and I have just returned for an 18 night stay in Orlando. Last year we stayed at the Fairfield Inn within the Marriott Village and enjoyed it so much we decided to return.

On arrival we were offered a suite at the adjacent Springhill Suites, we gladly accepted and were given a fantastic room on the 4th floor.

Although the room did overlook the car park and I-4 it also gave us a view of Disney property which included the Disney balloon at Downtown and the Sphere at EPCOT, both which were nicely illuminated at night.

The room which was a twin double with sofa bed was clean and well serviced. It had a separate desk area, twin wardrobes, ample drawers, small kitchen area (fridge & microwave) and a large HD TV.

The air con unit functioned fine, it also had a ceiling fan which was nice and the benefit of being able to open the room window which was covered by a mesh screen was also nice in order to get some fresh air.

The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, they were professional, polite and helpful.

Every one spoke and the hotel had a friendly atmosphere. John and Stacey at the front desk deserve a special mention for their professionalism.

The hotel Pool was ideal for the children, and there were amble pool towels and sun beds.

You also have the benefit of using the facilities of the two sister hotels located within the Village area.

Breakfast was fine if you wanted toast, bagels and cereal, I wasn't a fan of the hot plates. We only eat there a couple of times as we enjoy the novelty of going out for something. It was always well stocked and had plenty of staff on duty.

The property is well located near to Disney, shopping and restaurants.

Within the car park area there is a Bahama Breeze and Golden Corral. Also only a short walk away there is Landry’s, Lone Star, Applebee’s and a couple of other eateries.

At Weekends the surrounding roads can be busy with traffic from the nearby Premium Outlets. One way to avoid this is to use the rear exit to the hotel which allows access to Vineland Road at its junction with the 535. Alternatively on these nights we just used our legs and walked to a local restaurant.

The only minor problem we encountered in our stay was that on two occasions our room keys required re-programing, but there again I’ve stay at many hotels where my keys have required this.

To close with, did I like the property – Yes. Would I stay again - most defiantly and above all I would recommend its location and the quality of service provided by its staff.

Room Tip: End suites appear to be larger due to structural layout of the building.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Long Valley, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites four nights and the experience was less than good.
The positive: front desk staff is very pleasant and helpful and check-in was easy, the fire alarm went off and the staff was quick to react and had everything under control, the room was very clean - housekeeping was attentive - the day I had the do not disturb sign out they left a message for me telling me to let them know if I needed any towels or linens, pool and pool deck are large and inviting although it was a little cold for swimming, the breakfast area is pretty large and when it got filled up the staff opened up a meeting type room for the overflow
The very average: breakfast is just ok - decent variety of breads and muffins but the eggs were watery, they had sausage patty one day which was good but the other days they had this hash that was not good, only fruit available was oranges
The negative: while the location might seem convenient - it is not - traffic getting out of the hotel and on the main road heading toward Disney was a nightmare, I left two wake up calls that never came through - luckily the first time I woke up on my own and the second time I set my phone as a back up, one day I tried the alarm clock and that didn't work either - good thing I set the phone then, too, the price isn't bad but probably more than it was worth - the place could be a little updated, finally - before you go, call and ask if they are hosting any tour groups - when we stayed there was a large tour group (not sure where they were from) but they were quite loud
I would probably give this place another chance just because of the people. Hopefully they get things taken care of.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

On a trip to Orlando, from my St Pete Beach vacation, for two days to visit friends, I chose this hotel because of its location. The hotel is "tired" and could use some fixing up. The location is good because of it being in the Disney and outlet shopping area. There are shuttle bus pick-ups here, should you not want to drive over to the theme parks or outlets. I'm not here for the Disney experience, so I cannot comment on the frequency of the shuttles, but they are certainly handy.

There are minimal food options right here on this property, although the food is for take out and eat in your room. A slightly longer walk will take you to a Bahama Breeze or Golden Corral. A very easy stroll to either of these, should you want to dine 'out' rather than take food to your room. No driving necessary.

This location is called Marriott Village. It is right next to exit #68 (east side) off of Interstate 4. Besides the SpringHill, there is a Courtyard and also a Fairfield. All are within a 'gated' area. All are right next door to one another. The Courtyard looks most appealing IMO, but I like having the space of a suite. My suite has a mini fridge and microwave and coffee maker, along with a sink... all in a 'kitchen' setting, but no dining table. I have a sofa and chair and a desk (free internet...reception is excellent).

Furniture is miss-matched. The bed is really soft... way too soft for me. I have a small closet with bi-fold door, which sticks!

Breakfast buffet is plentiful, and very typical. Not what you would call international fare. There are cereals, breads, eggs, yogurt, juices, coffee, the usual items. Plenty of seating, not like some hotels where breakfast room space is minimal.

If you are in the Orlando area for Disney and outlet shopping, this is a good location. If you want lux, this is not the place for you. Lots of families, even in February. Walls are rather thin. Rooms are not what I'd call spic and span clean... but they are adequate.

I probably would not stay here again, but, for this trip, the location was the primary concern.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The room was spacious as you would expect but getting close to being due for a renovation. Some wear and tear beginning to show but still okay.

The breakfast was nothing special but a bit overcrowded for the one row of food they had set up.

The biggest disappointment was that you could hear the sound of the traffic from the highway through the windows in our room, which was loud enough to disturb our sleep. We were on the 4th floor.

I suggest requesting a room on the side of the hotel NOT facing the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side opposite from highway and away from elevators.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I'm a platinum Marriott Rewards member. So I know Marriotts pretty well. This is a nice property though it is looking a little tired. I had a couple of issues (e.g., keys kept not working) and when I called to the front desk I got a less than helpful response. (You need to come down here; I'm busy.)

Fortunately, when I got to the front desk another young lady was there. This staff member, Sara Chow (I hope I got the name right) is AMAZING. She personally took the time to make sure each and every problem was solved. She provided EXACTLY the type of customer service that Marriott wants it staff to provide. She's a gem.

Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. I couldn't believe how large the rooms were! They come with a small kitchenette that features a microwave, sink, and a large countertop. There is a also a small sofa. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower and bathroom were fine. I had a room overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor and never heard a peep from anyone swimming. The continental breakfast is nice and the staff were great. There was ample seating near the breakfast area which was great because it's no good when they run out of tables. There was also ample parking. Very close to Disney attractions. Would stay here again.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights at the hotel as I had a convention to attend. Have stayed at the Springhill previously so was familiar with the property. Room was nice but prefer the larger suites as these are called "studio" suites.

Room had two double beds. Couch, refrig and microwave along with a bar area and desk. One flat screen TV to move for bedroom or "couch" room but no option if two people are in room to watch separate shows as some suites have. Nice option for sink to be separate from shower area.

Problem with room was that hot water would never quite be the same every day. First day - nice hot shower, hot sink water. Second day NO hot water at all....only tepid water. I let the front desk know about the problem and they were going to have maintenace correct the problem. Third day - sometimes shower ran hot, then cooled off to tepid again. The more adjustments I made to the faucet the more it ran cooler that day. Finally - I put the faucet all the way to cold and it ran hot????? Fourth, Fifth and sixth day - the same - having to adjust the faucet constantly to obtain hot water - sometimes hot, sometimes tepid - adjust to the hot faucet and sometimes hot, sometimes cold. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Anyway - like the option of having a self laundry BUT one dryer was broken and some guy used it all night that I wanted to use it so had to go to another floor. The washers are ok but dryers take a long time and still don't dry all the way. I just hung the clothes in the room to finish.

Breakfast was packed until around 7:30 when it would empty out so I tried to go after that otherwise it was busy! I like bananas - some days they had them, some days not. Pretty decent options - eggs, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee. Not bad. Like the flavored coffee cream for taking back to the rooms with the coffee maker.

Also like to have the Courtyard available with a bar for cocktails and like dinner fare. The food court at the Fairfield is pretty basic with fried foods, pizza not much healthy but the Courtyard had some nice options with huge portions for not bad prices. Of course, unless it was happy hour - the adult beverage prices were rude.

Not bad options here but some iffy things going on as the hotel seems to be getting older and is used by alot of people so could use a bit of upgrading as time goes by.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Address: 8601 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #192 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista In Marriott Village Hotel Orlando
Orlando Springhill Suites
Marriott Orlando
Orlando Marriott

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.