“WARNING : DO NOT USE ROOM PHONE” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #54 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
N Ireland
“WARNING : DO NOT USE ROOM PHONE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

There is not much I could say that hasn't already been said on previous reviews, I could not fault the resort and had a lovely stay but I just wanted to warn others not to use the phone in your room. During my stay I unfortunately lost my credit card and needed to call the UK to cancel it, I assumed the phone in my room would be cheaper than using my mobile.....wrong! I was charged a whopping $50.05 (£33) for a 6 minute call. Had I used my mobile it would have cost £7.20.

• Stayed July 2013
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear NikNIreland,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando vacation with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you were able to return to England refreshed and full of great memories. Please accept our apologies for the phone charges as we do our very best to make our guests are aware of long distance and international rates, set by our telephone service provider, by posting a rate plaque next to each phone. If you would like to further discuss your concerns surrounding your in-room phone charges please feel free to contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

Resort Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been to Orlando several times but never stayed at a resort. I was hesitant to book originally because I had heard they try to scam you into buying a time share. Well I was right. The hotel is beautiful don't get me wrong. Our room was incredible with the balcony and the pool. I just felt mislead. Upon arrival the woman that checked us in told us we had a welcome gift at the desk behind them. When we went the guy pitched this whole continental breakfast that was comp and gave us $75 cash if we went to " listen to a presentation" for an hour. Well we are young and naive so I should have listened to my gut. We went because we were hungry but it was FAR FROM A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST! They had water and yogurt. The woman was soooooo pushy and absolutely would not take no for an answer. She then insisted on having her boss speak with us when we repeatedly said NO. We are on vacation and that was the last thing we needed. Honestly, because of that we would never come back to this hotel or any other that the Sheraton is affiliated with. It was sad that such a well known chain would want to inconvenience their guests like that.

Room Tip: Don't go to the " presentation or take the cash" its awful and a scam!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear BrittanyW21,

On behalf of the entire team at Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and understand that only regular feedback from our guests and owners allows us to constantly monitor our service levels and make necessary improvements. As a Vacation Ownership resort our Marketing Team invites Owners and rental guests to a product presentation and update. While there are no obligations to attend or participate in the Product Update, the 90 minute presentation is a useful tool which benefits users of the Starwood Vacation Network. Of course it is always our aim to make this presentation informative and enjoyable. We extend our sincere apologies to you and your family for the less than pleasant treatment you received from our sales team.

We do indeed value your patronage, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, in order to regain your goodwill. If you would like to further discuss your experience please contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I traded into this resort and really enjoyed out 7 day stay here while visiting Walt Disney World! This resort is approximately 4.6 miles from Walt Disney World Resort. The amenities are excellent and the beds are super comfortable. The many pools and spas are enjoyable and relaxing. The grounds at this resort are well kept and manicured. The professionalism at he visitor center was excellent. I enjoyed having gated security into the villages. Having a full kitchen was really convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear jasonwg71,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting and we are delighted you enjoyed your week at Sheraton Vistana Villages. From the “Welcome Home” provided by our security team to the great resort amenities and villa accommodations, we strive to provide our guests with a resort experience like no other. Nothing beats a refreshing dip in the pool, a bit of time in your personal Jacuzzi or a great night’s sleep on our Sheraton Sweet Sleep beds especially after a long day in the theme parks. Your enjoyment of your entire vacation is our number one priority and everything we do here is geared to that so you can return home refreshed, happy and with an abundance of great memories. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Vistana Villages sometime in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com once you have made your next reservation so that we can personally attend to your requests and needs.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband , 4 kids under 10 and 2 teenagers. Not many places could accommodate 8 people. We had 2 bedrooms and a pullout. We also had a full kitchen which cut down our cost for breakfast and some lunches. they have gas bbq that you can grill on but we did not. There are 4 pools and some playgrounds. The resort is massive and I got turned around more than once while exploring the other pools. While at the pool they had activities for a price and was sad that you could not charge things to the room like lunch, drinks or a float. With children in tow this is a helpful feature but I brought money after the first day. I never had that at a hotel before. They did have a weekly activity sheet but felt like things were going on that I didn't know about like the rec center with the basketball and volleyball court. I guess I have to study the maps better for next yrs. trip here. Also I wish they had free shuttles to the parks.

Dear joyofnyc,

We are absolutely delighted your enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for posting a review of Sheraton Vistana Villages on TripAdvisor. You are correct, our two bedroom villas are perfect for larger families and having that full kitchen is so nice and convenient! We hope your children did get to enjoy some of our Fun Team activities and we do apologize that we were not able to point out all our great amenities during the check-in process. If you decide to return again please contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com and we will happy to send you an updated resort map in addition to answering any questions you might have about our offerings. Thanks again for allowing us to be part of your vacation experience and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Still here at Sheraton Vistana Villages but had to review before leaving. We are fussy travellers and I have mobility issues and this resort has been perfect. The location is really close to all parks, the furthest being Busch Gardens, which we only visited once. Fantastic restaurants nearby, either cheap and cheerful or more expensive for some nights, you choose!

The apartment we stayed in was equipped for wheelchair users, and my only wish is that the UK could do this as well as Sheraton Vistana! The apartment was large, plenty of room for the 6 adults in our party! The walk in shower in the en-suite was amazing, like a wet room, with non slip tiles and brilliant water pressure, as was the other bathroom and both were very clean. Maid service was excellent on a daily basis. The dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier were great to have, just like home so no going home with the usual 3 weeks of washing! Our washing machine had a technical issue one evening and an engineer was sent within 10 minutes and swapped machines. They even replenished the dishwasher powder daily! Brilliant balcony with fixed netting so no bugs. Excellent air con and room fans.

The pool and gym etc. was right near our apartment and could be used at any time, even lit for late nights. Towel service at the pool was also excellent.

I can't praise this resort enough, we have had an amazing holiday here and can't wait to visit again. I have no hesitation recommending Sheraton Vistana.

Dear Wheelchairu,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando holiday with us. We are delighted we were able to accommodate your entire family and were able to enjoy the many wonderful amenities around the resort and our exceptional villa accommodations. It is always our sincere desire to make every guest feel welcome and to offer a resort experience where families can truly feel a warm and comforting connection with us. Thank you for your kind words and we are pleased that our special needs accommodations exceeds that of an entire country! We look forward to welcoming you, and anyone you recommend, back to Sheraton Vistana Villages sometime in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com once you have made your next reservation so that we can personally attend to your requests and needs.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

we stayed there for a week me and my wife and my four children, the hotel have a great design spacious rooms and excellent management, the hotel have a great pool which have a lot of activities in it. also the location is considered excellent close to many places and restaurants.
the lady who did the check in for us was great and handled the process in very profisional way

Room Tip: i will be back again
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Azizmf1,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando vacation with us. We are absolutely delighted your enjoyed your stay and we hope your kids were able to take advantage of the great amenities and Fun Team activities found throughout the resort. We would like to extend special thanks for your kind words regarding the Front Desk associate who checked your family in. Since we do not have enough information to locate your reservation we kindly ask that you respond to svvgm@starwoodvo.com with your reservation details so that this particular Front Office associate can be recognized for their efforts!

Please do not hesitate to contact us once you have made your next reservation so that we can personally attend to your requests and needs.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last month on vacation and I LOVED this property! The customer service, pools, rooms, and cleanliness of the rooms were excellent!! It was so relaxing and it was quiet...we had a wonderful view. I did'nt want to leave! I WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING VERY SOON AND THIS WILL ALSO BE OUR PERMANENT ORLANDO VACATION SPOT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear AlexisMJ,

Thank you for the outstanding review on TripAdvisor and we are delighted that we were able to provide such a wonderful experience for the both of you. You hit on all the things that make Sheraton Vistana Villages such a special place: the award winning pools, beautiful villas, warm and inviting atmosphere and our friendly associates. Relaxation is our business and it looks like you got lots of it! And although you didn’t want to leave you can always look forward to the build-up and anticipation of your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com once you have made your next reservation so that we can personally attend to your requests and needs.

Mike

Been to Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive? Share your experiences!