“Just 'OK'” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto
“Just 'OK'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very typical time share in that you will be called and woken up as early as 8 am to get a sales pitch. Unplug the phone!
No one discussed the facilities upon check-in, so we had no idea where things were or how late they were open i.e pool, store etc.
Service staff got our names mixed up with our guests and could not find our information at the restaurant when we wanted to pay! They used our guests name when they weren't even registered?!
Facilities themselves were very nice - grounds well kept, pools were clean. Great for kids.
However, I went out by the pool by myself one day and the waitress completely ignored me when I tried to flag her down - she seemed more interested in serving the larger groups (bigger tips?)
One TV and one phone in suite did not work, however in all fairness when I did call down they fixed everything with no issues. I just did not feel like calling down constantly, which unfortunately I had to for additional toilet paper, etc.
If you are looking for a full-service kitchen, make sure you check before you arrive - I thought we were getting a full kitchen but it was only a kitchenette. Normally not a problem, as we eat out quite a bit however I had bought a bunch of Pillsbury cookies, snacks etc. only to discover there was no oven.
Again, overall it was ok and nothing major to complain about. I think next time I would stay a bit closer to the action on International drive, as it is quite a hike to get anywhere. If I'd researched where it was on the map first, I would have just stayed in Kissimmee where I could have gotten more for less.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear MelMo10,

On behalf of the entire team at Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and understand that only regular feedback from our guests and owners allows us to constantly monitor our service levels and make necessary improvements. Unfortunately, it appears we did not meet your expectations and, on your behalf, have already passed your comments to our Vacation Service, Front Office, Food & Beverage and Engineering management teams for review.

We do understand your experiences were not in line with the usual high quality of service and accommodation we provide our owners and guests. We would truly appreciate any additional feedback and may be contacted at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

Resort Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our first visit but we have stayed at the other Vistana Resort for many years ...see that review also as we stayed there for the second half of our vacation.Nice rooms...well appointed...staff very friendly and helpful.....pool area and location great...best bbq area we have seen if you want to use,,,...... massages available....the only annoying thing is the towel/card policy....at the pool....would recommend to all....close to Disney ....Sea World....Universal...et al.....try to get a top floor overlooking the ponds and waterfalls....nice screened balconies....very good Sheraton....enjoy!!...ps if you do not like the sales calls unplug the phones!!

Room Tip: See tips in review about the pond view...
Dear Miklaura,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando vacation with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it looks like you were able to experience the beautiful balcony views offered from our Bella villas. You were also able to discover the many amenities (BBQs, massages, pools) available to our vacationing families; these amenities continually allow Sheraton Vistana Villages to exceed our guests expectations! However, we are most pleased that our staff was able to provide the exceptional level of service that our guests have come to expect from the Sheraton brand. If you would like to provide additional feedback, or visit us for a second time, please contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com with our comments or reservation details.

Resort management
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We own another timeshare but had Starwood points to use so stayed here. It is a very nice timeshare (typical to what we expected). They did do housekeeping daily which was nice. My only concern was that we could here the people above us occasionally.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear hid5children,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting and for choosing Sheraton Vistana Villages as your Orlando vacation resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay and would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wonderful place to stay! Awesome location, fabulous pools. We really enjoyed our room - especially the layout. Stayed in a one bedroom near the front of the property. The bathroom set up was spectacular. There's a jacuzzi tub with a dressing area and sink, then you can close that room off and there's a sink, shower. The joliet also is private with it's own door. I'm very picky. It was clean. The kitchen was well stocked.
Things to note: They give you one package of regular Starbucks medium coffee enough for 2 6 - 8 oz cups and you don't get anymore the entire stay! So be prepared with your own coffee and filters after that one time complimentary cup. You can also buy those Starbucks double serving packages at the Marketplace for about $2.00 (the coffee); filters were about $2.00 there too. A gallon of water there at the Market was around $2.99 whereas down at Publix, which is extremely close, it's $.89 for a gallon of purified water.

About the sales calls: we took the advice of other reviewers here and did not pick up the welcome package because we know we are not interested in a Time Share. We unplugged the phones a few hours after being in our room. Then I plugged it back in to see if we could get better internet reception (that worked) but I decided to check the message on the phone (red light was blinking) and noticed Time Share Sales were calling us before 8 AM! Yikes. Good thing we had the phone unplugged. Then within about 10 minutes they started calling again (9 am by that time). I suspect they could tell I checked the message. So we unplugged it and left it that way. A day later, I noticed that when I turned the TV on it was stuck in a DVD mode, but the DVD player was not on, and then about 20 minutes later the TV suddenly came on and it was on the TimeShare sales channel (channel 9) and it would not allow me to turn it!! Very strange! I probably could have just told them - look I'm not interested at all, but I really just wanted to relax. I think it would be helpful if upon check in they allowed you to opt-out of the hassel. I'd even accept a one page highlights of ownership sheet. I wouldn't mind knowing the costs and benefits - but I don't trust the high pressure sell. I came to relax. Also, at the main pool one night (which is an AWESOME pool by the way), there was a cigar smoker. That made it difficult to enjoy. I understand that they will be changing the smoking policy in May. Too bad it's taking so long....

Beautiful, well kept grounds, lots of planned activities for the family, wildlife was fun to watch - turtles, birds, big fish... I can see the staff works very hard there to please. They do an excellent job. Everyone was wonderful. I also should have asked for a non-feather pillow as the down pillows are so uncomfortable.

I bought my package through Costco and didn't really realize it was a TimeShare when I chose where to stay. I don't regret - it was wonderful. Just wish they would replenish toliet paper, laundry detergent and coffee as well as allow people to opt-out of high pressure sales. I would consider staying here again and I would recommend it!

Dear familyofthree_10,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando vacation with us. We are delighted we were able to exceed your expectations with our villa accommodations, award winning pools and exceptional staff. You are correct when you state that our staff works very hard to please each and every one of our guests.

On your behalf, we have forwarded your comments to our Senior Sales team for review. Please note that while there are no obligations to attend or participate in the Product Update, the 90 minute presentation is a useful tool which benefits users of the Starwood Vacation Network. Additionally, our resort smoking policy is scheduled to take effect on May 1, 2013.

Once again, thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Vistana Villages sometime in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com once you have made your next reservation so that we can personally attend to your requests and needs.

Big Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We are timeshare owners who have exchanged into and stayed at many resorts in the Orlando area. This was our first stay at Vistana Villages. It was very good choice for our last week of February stay. We stayed in the Key West area. While quite a ways from the main pool area we enjoyed the nice walks through the well maintained and picturesque grounds. We did a early pre check-in with the rep taking our phone # and for a call is back when our room was ready. We received a call and checked in about 1 1/2 hours before normal check-in(4 pm). Call backs like this don't happen very often at other properties. Our one bedroom deluxe room was very nice. We did have immediate problems with the air conditioning that took multiple attempts to fix(4). It was fixed within 24 hours and after that it worked well. We did have an what I consider a too early (8:10 a.m) from the sales dept. wanting us to attend an update meeting. Too early after a late evening out at Old Town. We had a mid week cleaning and towel replacement that was nice. I would have given it 5 stars if not for the early phone call and air conditioner problems.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Csnez1,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting and for choosing Sheraton Vistana Villages as your Orlando vacation resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay and would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are also delighted you were able to experience our Key West Village and were able to take advantage of our pre-arrival check-in as well as our beautiful resort grounds.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the air conditioning and Vacation Service inconveniences and understand that only regular feedback from our guests and owners allows us to constantly monitor our service levels and make necessary improvements.

We look forward to your next stay with us so we can earn that fifth star! To that effect we would appreciate any additional feedback and may be contacted at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

West Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The lush, park-like grounds with beautiful walkways and bridges make this resort a tranquil respite from the hustle bustle of Orlando. Birds, turtles, ducks, and fish as well as a small playground are definitely child friendly. The pool is absolutely delightful with plenty of seating areas and a scenic waterfall. The restaurant is small and has a fairly limited menu. Rooms are small, but have all the needed amenities. We will definitely stay here again, but will probably opt for a two- bedroom suite just to have some additional space.

Room Tip: Go for a larger suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Faith D,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting and for choosing Sheraton Vistana Villages as your Orlando vacation resort. Your description of our resort is nothing short of poetic and we are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please note we are working on additions to Flagler Station Bar & Grill that will eventually allow for an expanded menu.

Resort management
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a great time at the Sheraton Vistana I Drive, just ignore the time share sales pitch. There was a post about a bad experience that made me cautious. The 2 bedroom condo was great. The pools and grounds were well kept and the some of the pools stayed open to 1 am (traveling with young adults) Best housekeeping ever!
tI was good to have a heads up about the Vacation/timeshare pitch. When I checked in, I was sent to recieve a "welcome package" bascially coupons and asked to sign up for free breakfast (sale pitch) I declined. I returned to hotel and there was a message "Don't forget to pick up welcome package and free breakfast (sales pitch) there was yet another phone call about our reservation for breakfast ( sales pitch) In the end, they were easy to ignore and the place was great. The location is 5 mins from WDW and away from traffic. There is a nearby Publix grocery store and several restaurants...Great visit, great place to say

Room Tip: we were in building 7 , 3rd floor....we heard no noise, a bit of walk to the pool
Dear MAOFW,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando vacation with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our villa accommodations, award winning pools and beautiful resort grounds. We are also pleased with your kind comments concerning our housekeeping associates and we will be certain to pass those comments along to our Housekeeping Management team.

We have forwarded your comments concerning our Vacation Ownership program to our Senior Sales team for review. Please understand, while there are no obligations to attend or participate in the Product Update, the 90 minute presentation is a useful tool which benefits users of the Starwood Vacation Network.

Resort Management

Been to Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive? Share your experiences!