You added Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive to your Saves list
Ranked #54 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Charlton, Massachusetts, United States
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We have stayed here twice and both times were great.On our recent trip in Feb.,my husband and I had the time to just "hang out" at the pool,sit on our patio and watch the fountain,walk the lovely,walker friendly grounds and just enjoy the resort.Usually when in Orlando we have Grandchildren with us and we are running to the parks,etc.Everything is well stocked,clean and the staff is very nice.No high pressure calls to come to breakfast for the time share thing.Loved it there!I like it better than my own time share resort. I will go back the next time in Orlando.

Room Tip: overlook any pool and fountain pond.Lovely....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages on Thursday March 8. We flew into Orlando early and didn't expect to be able to check in to the resort yet but we figured we would check. Pete, who was working the front desk not only was able to check us in but he upgraded us to a two bedroom villa from a one bedroom. This was a great little surprise. I am a Starwood Preffered Plus member so I paid for the room in cash and points. The room was only $60 and was absolutely gorgeous. We wished we were staying longer. Back to the front desk, Pete was polite, and extremely knowledgable. He could answer all our questions and gave us plenty of information. We even got a ticket for a welcome gift. Another nice feature was the resort credit option. Basically I only had to carry around a little business card the entire time and anything I wanted to buy on the resort - from groceries to dinner to bracelets could be charged directly to the room. It was nice being able to leave my credit cards safe in my room rather then in a beach bag while I was swimming in the pool. The whole resort could be walked in ten minutes and had everything!! Hammocks, grills, fitness center, grocery store, volleyball court, etc. The activity center was packed with fun looking activities. I love happy hour trivia and they had that which seemed cool - though I couldn't attend. They also offered a full moon party with a DJ. The location is seriously 4 miles from Downtown Disney, 7 miles from Universal and a hop skip and a jump from seaworld. You couldn't ask for a more convenient location, friendlier staff, and more relaxin vacation. Oh and did I mention the beautiful pool made me feel like I was in a foreign island? Absolutely gorgeous. Only ONe downside - internet never worked The entire time. But this was the least of my worries. With so many other things to do - who wants to be ties to a laptop anyways. One of my favorite Starwood properties so far!! Way to go!!

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The service level at this property is poor, and is definitely below average for a Starwood property. The service attitude runs from the property manager to the room service attendants. I had two situations that shouldn't have happend if they were looking out for their customer, and then took too long to resolve.

I needed transportation from the Vistana to another hotel, the JW Marriott, about 10 minutes away. I requested a cab from the transportation desk. They said they use a car service, to which I said fine, expecting it to be market price and on time since it was on property. Not only was the car late, but it charged me $30. Since it cost me $45 from the airport, a 40 minute ride, I thought this was ridiculous. I then asked the JW Marriott how much it would cost me to go back, and they said their car service was $19. I then asked how much a cab would be, and it was $14. So Vistana's car service charged me 2x to 1.5x what it should have cost. I was perplexed so I called the property manager. Someone else called back to get more information about the situation. Two calls back and forth to explain the situation, and they gave me back $11 and told me that if I use their car in the future, it would still be $30. I'm confused as to why they don't negotiate fairer prices for their customers.

Later that night I ordered room service and was charged the delivery fee twice. It was only $3 extra, but still, please make sure you charge what you are paid for. Again, the resolution process took two phone calls back and forth. I called the property manager again, to which I have not received a response.

The rooms, property, food, and amenities were average, below par to the Sheraton standard. I would not recommend staying at the Vistana, and instead, stay at a regular hotel with better service. If you do stay here, I would double check what you are charged, because overcharges do add up.

Room Tip: Choose a clean one. My sheets were stained with small dark marks.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Laurahuang,

On behalf of the entire team at Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your Orlando vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay as only regular feedback from our guests and owners allows us to constantly monitor our service levels and to make necessary improvements.

We sincerely regret the unpleasant experiences you encountered as a result of the transportation services. We continuously review our partnerships with Orlando based transportation companies so that we may provide our guests with high-quality transportation options.

Finally, we have reviewed your comments with our Food and Beverage leadership teams and they will take all necessary corrective actions to produce positive changes.

Your experiences were not in line with the usual high quality of service and accommodation we provide our owners and guests. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our resort at a future date so you can truly experience the Sheraton difference.

We invite you to share any additional feedback and may be contacted at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

Resort Management
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a 25th Wedding Anniversary, we arrived very late at night from our flight and so we were exhausted. The check in was fast and very informative, the staff were always kind and had smiles on their faces being happy to help, they told us the nearest supermarkets and where we could get a late night snack. On arrival to the apartment it was throughly cleaned and very very large. We stayed in the two bedroom villa with a sofa bed also. Im not a great fan of Sofa beds but it was very spacious and extrmeley comfortable after hours of walking around the disney parks!
Just a warning, you do get the odd cockroach around the villa, but this really cannot be helped as it is hot, they do not cause any harm at all and if you tell the staff on reception they will send someone up to spray the apartment (it did not smell). Overall we saw around 5 cockroches on seperate occasions on the 10 days we were there, so nothing to complain about.
The hotel was in a great location with local shopping malls and easy access to the disney parks right on its doorstep.
Would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Orlando!

Room Tip: Higherfloor villas have great views!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

What a beautiful place, what a lovely location. From arrival we had such a warm welcome and made to feel welcome. The guest services was so helpful for giving tips on the best places to go and how to get to them without costing a fortune.
The villa's are spacious and clean and you do not have to worry about taking dirty washing home, each villa had a washing machine, tumble dryer and iron/ ironing board. There are 3 lovely swimming pools located around the site and each accompanied by the hottest of hot tubs. Useful tip - use the I Trolley buses which run the whole length of International drive and will only cost you $10 for a week of unlimited use. There is a bus stop just outside entrance of hotel and buses run every 20 minutes or so. They stop outside or near many of the main non Disney attractions.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Nigel and Julie Williams

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed at Key West , beautiful nice rooms, till found bed bugs in bed and dirty sheets. Front supervisor unhelpful,treated me as if I had brought the bugs.

• Stayed February 2012
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. We regret to hear about the experience you had.
The resurgence of bed bugs over the last five years is a widely-recognized problem. This problem has affected not only the hotel industry, but hospitals, college dormitories, private homes and multiple dwellings, as well as department stores and movie theatres.
Proactive inspections are performed by our housekeeping teams on a daily basis as the care and comfort of our guests is of the utmost priority to us here at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. In addition, we retain independent pest control experts to perform thorough checks on a regular basis throughout the property. We can assure you that our resort is committed to taking all reasonable precautions.
We would like to discuss your specific experience in further detail, please contact us at ssvgm@starwoodvo.com Many thanks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay with my family and couldn't be happier. Loved the Villa. I went to the open house and was treated great and saved over $100 on tickets. Location was good , but I needed a car. Guest services Chad and Mike are awesome. Thanks for the great stay and keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive? Share your experiences!