“Great location, horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

and 1 more site!
You added Crowne Plaza Orlando-Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12490 Apopka-Vineland Road, State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Orlando Vista Hotel)   |
Ranked #231 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa
“Great location, horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is almost unbeatable, it is right across the street from lots of dining options and right off the interstate not even a mile away and NO noise in the rooms and very close to disney and downtown disney. However, as far as the rooms are concerned I could not be any more disgusted with them. I was there with some friends for halloween horror nights and only was staying 2 nights, the outside was dated and dirty; while the lobby area and breakfast buffet was very nice. As for the rooms they did NOT settle very well with anyone. The bathrooms don't look like they had been cleaned other than the toilet and the showers, the room had stains everywhere and the ceiling looked as if they had water stains also. The rooms were dingy and unappealing. Not only did the room have some issues but we were right next to the pool and you could see people having sex and or jerking off. Definitely wouldn't recommend for families.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Crescent City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am a Choice Hotel member. I had booked a Quality Inn that is located in the Old Town area of Orlando. After reading some terrible reviews, I decided to look for another hotel. I had remembered this hotel from a previous stay. I could not remember the name, only that it had Pineapples on the building. I found the name and called for a reservation. Got a great price for being a Florida resident. I read the reviews , I would say 50% good 50% bad. We arrived on 3/14 and stayed until 3/16. We were going to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The staff was very nice when we checked in. We were given a room on the 3rd floor pool side. The 1st thing we did was turn the TV on. It did not work. Tried to change outlets. Still did not work. I went downstairs to the front desk. They said they would send someone up. As I got on the elevator. A hotel employee was getting on , I asked if he was going to the 3rd floor for a TV. He said he was. He checked the TV out and determined it was not working. He advised they would replaced it. I had a replacement TV within 15-20 minutes of checking in. The room was very nice. A little worn. It was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The room we had (room 316) was overlooking the pool. The building next to the hotel had a wall with a beautiful Mural painted on it. It has whales, mermaids and fishes. At night with the pool area slightly in the dark and some back ground lights. It was a wonderful sight to look out at night. There is only internet service in the lobby and wi-fi in the lobby. My son took his computer. My son was able to conect to a wi-fi signal while in our room. So you just have to check your devices in the room even though they say no wi-fi in the room. We were able to get a signal. This hotel sits just out side the Walt Disney World gate going to the disney parks and Downtown Disney. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the parks. Great Location. There were lots of resturants, gift stores and even a grocery store near by.We went to Old Town. I saw the hotel we were supposed to stay in. It was a very run down motel. The Orlando Vista might be an older hotel and the outside Pineapple motiff may look a little cheesey ( I like cheesey) . But I thought is was great and would definitly stay here again. I am disappointed with Choice Hotels, I tried to get a reservation at another Choice Hotels. All thier Hotels in the same area as the Orlando Vista were over $100 a night the cheapest was a $145 without tax. In order to get a room under a $100 I would have to stay in the Old Town area (I am glad I did'nt). I paid $67 a night plus tax. Total of $154 for 2 nights. The only complaint I have with this hotel is the vending machines on the floor. I went to get my daughter a snack. I found out that the vending machine did not take change or even dollar bills. It only took credit cards. I tried my bank debit card . It did not work. I justed ended up going to the grocery store across the street. If you are looking for a descent hotel, a good price and very close to all Disney. This is your hotel. The rooms do not have a fridge or microwaves. But that was ok. It was no problem. Had a Great Time

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed there March 15th & 16th, 2013. The room was clean & bug free, but lots of mold. the outlet would pull out of bathroom wall when unplugging hair dryer & exhaust did not work. The entire hotel had a weird musty smell, not sure what it was. It has a bar & we were there Fri & Sat night and it didnt open the entire time we were there. The towels are so rough they hurt your skin and traffic can be heard so loudly that we had to use earrplugs. It was clean & that was the most imporant thing to us. The staff wasnt friendly nor unfriendly, just doing their job w/o interest. I didnt feel very safe there and would not stay there again, but if you dont mind the things i pointed out and want an inexpensive clean room then this would be okay. Oh and dont depend on Disney shuttle service because they only run a few times. We didnt like the look of the free breakfast so we passed on that, so I have no comment.

Room Tip: it's clean and affordable, that is about it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in the Orlando Vista hotel for 1 night on our way to Universal Studios the next day and we were pleasantly surprised. For a very economically priced hotel, we expected "no frills". The beds were comfortable, the service was very good and the pool & hot tub were clean and big. Also, breakfast was complimentary up until 9:30am. It is an older hotel, but for $60 a night, we couldn't have asked for a nicer stay. Also, it was located in walking distance to alot of shopping, food stores and IHOP if you wanted to get around without a car. It was also very close to the Disney and Universal studios parks. We would stay here again if ever visiting Orlando.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked a JetBlue all inclusive vacation and this hotel was selected as a part of the deal. JetBlue should be ashamed to keep this hotel on their list.

The carpet was not vacuumed. Big stains on old carpet.
Room was smelly.
Furniture was old and weary.
Bathroom was small and poor ventilation.
Breakfast buffet was bad. All ready made or canned or boxed items. No fresh fruits.
Only 1 toaster and there is a big queue to use that.

They charged $2 perday for locker facility which we never requested.
Staff was not friendly.
PLease do not ruin your vacation. This hotel is horrible!

• Stayed March 2013
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took a chance on this hotel, based on price and location. It is super convenient to the downtown disney area and I-4 interstate. Plenty of restaurants and little FL gift shops within walking distance. The hotel offered a shuttle to all four disney parks, too. We walked to IHOP, Subway, Qdoba, Chilli's, 7-11, Joe's Crab Shack - and there are lots more options - Pizza Hut, Uno's Hooters, grocery store in large shopping center are across the road, too.

Dave at the front desk was super helpful when we checked in and upgraded our room out of kindness. I was traveling with my son, and our room had a king bed, so I asked if there were any rooms with two beds available. He checked availability, and placed in a kids suite. Super fun for us - there was a little room sectioned off within our hotel room with a set of bunk beds, a regular twin bed, two little chairs, TV, and dresser. Super cute and cozy. Room also had king size bed, fridge with little freezer separate, and microwave.

All of the staff we spoke with or encountered was friendly and helpful.

Housekeeping was very respectful of do not disturb signs and we slept in well each morning. Housekeeping was also very quick to clean our room whenever we took the sign off the door.

There was free breakfast that smelled great, but we didn't eat any, as I had brought our breakfast items.

Pool was clean and inviting.

Definitely felt safe in the hotel room, property, and parking lot.

This is not a new beautiful resort, but it was clean, cozy, and great for the price!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We had mold in our bathroom,window seals,and ceiling in room 414. If you don't mind a old hotel go for it. Our sheets,and towels had dried up blood on them. Very close to downtown Disney but not worth the money. PLEASE RUN AWAY!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!