“My Dream Came True” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Bueno Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #113 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“My Dream Came True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2005

My dream has always been to go to Disney with my Grandchildren. Well, my dream came true. This resort is perfect for children...children of all ages, really. The expensive resorts are completely lost on small children. My Grandchildren, 8 and 4 have stayed at all the expensive resorts with their parents and to their dismay they liked Pop Century the BEST! The rooms are perfect....not small at all. So well set up there's plenty of room for clothes, toys, watching TV and even playing games. Clean inside and out. The food court is big, noisy maybe, but has everything you would ever want. And the food is GOOD, too. The pools are superb. BIG! Fun. The laundry is convenient and it's always so clean in there. The housekeepers take your towels and the kids toys and make little scenes either in the windows and/or on the beds every day. They leave plenty of soap and shampoo so don't even bother to bring your own. It's good stuff! and I'm fussy. We came back to the room every afternoon for a swim and a rest and then we were out there again until closing every night. The pool was so big it was never crowded. If you haven't stayed IN the park, try it, a car isn't needed at all. The transportation is excellent...we never waited more than 5 minutes...ever. And their store has everything you'd ever have to buy. In a nutshell? This place is great.

• Stayed July 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,142)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

I stayed here last year and loved it. It was my first time to Disneyworld and I stayed at this hotel. I have to say the rooms were small, but everything was great. It`s a nice place for everyoone. I stayed there with my sister and her friend and my mom and I had a blast. They play great music and it`s a place where they like have stuff from diffrent decades. I have to say if you and your family want to have a fun and great hotel stay at Pop Century.

• Stayed April 2004
ATL, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

After reading countless rave reviews for Pop Century, my family was very excited to be staying here. However, having experienced the resort for ourselves now, we can honestly say that we won't be returning. The "Disney Magic" is lost to us!

Check in to the hotel went well, even though the line was very long. Our room was in the 90s building, 4th floor, overlooking the pool. The room wa sparkling clean. However, the room was very small; you could barely open the door without striking the bed. I can honestly say that these were the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in my entire life. I finally gave up and slept on the floor on our last night.

The 90s building is off the "beaten path" - farthest away from hustle and bustle of the food court, etc. - which limits the noise, but it almost feels like another resort than say, the 50s-70s buildings. The pool is an unimaginative square pool, meant to be a "computer".....much less fun than the daisy shaped pool or the bowling pin pool. There is no life guard service at this pool, nor are the park hours, etc. posted at this pool as they are at the others within the resort. The landscaping is not nearly as nice on this end of the resort. In my opinion, the 90s building is definately lacking from the others.

We tried the pizza delivery, but our order got lost and we ended up with free pizza 2 hours after we ordered it....it was nice to be compensated for the mistake, but try explaining that to a starving 8 year old.

There were no fun window displays on our floor, despite tips being left for our mousekeepers, which was a disappointment to our daughter. She finally gave up and decorated the window herself. When I asked for extra towels, I was asked to sign for them! What is up with that?

Yes, the room was clean and adequate, but you truly get what you pay for. Next time we return to Disney, we will pay the extra money for a nicer resort elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2005
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

Disney's Pop Century Resort in Orlando, Florida is definetly the best buy in it's price range. I think people will be happiest with any Disney Hotel they choose it just depends how much you can afford. We stayed in the 90's building which I chose because I was hoping more children would be closer to the main building. (90s is father away) There were two adults on this trip.

Pros: Fast, Friendly and Fun Staff. FREE Bus Service to all the Disney Parks and Disney Extras, All Bus Drivers were very friendly and helpful. Has an in room safe. Room was always cleaned very well. It was quite a walk from the main building to our 90's building but if there were fewer people and children then it was worth it to me. Hotel will even take care of your baggage for you such as if you need to keep it somewhere until your flight time.

Cons: One thing the Disney's Magical Express was FREE but we had to wait in a long line just to confirm our reservations and get a ticket - which didn't help me because I was already cranky from little to no sleep the night before and my ears being plugged from the flight but after all that and we were on the bus it was a nice ride about 15 minutes I think.
Walls seemed to be somewhat thin. We could hear a couple arguing on the one side of us and on the other side if we were in our bathroom we could hear children taking a bath in the room next to us I could even hear the splashing of the water!
We were on a bottom floor room and experienced ALOT of children knocking on our door and running. Funny the first three or four times, after that, ANNOYING!

Overall though for what we payed anything other than a Disney Hotel would have been a lot worse than any problems we experienced.

• Stayed May 2005
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

Our family of 4 went to Disney and stayed at the Pop Century for 5 days. My children were 8 months and 8 years. The room is very clean! It is comparable to a Holiday Inn. I had ordered a crib on the phone when I booked the room, and the pack n play was there waiting for us when we arrived. I also ordered a mini fridge for $10/day. They were in the process of adding mini fridges to all rooms but it was not started yet. It is definitely worth it! With the microwave at the restaurant area, you can save and reheat anything. The meals at the food area were fairly priced, but with the fridge in your room, you can go to the grocery store and stock up on cereal, milk, snacks, etc which is what we did.
We rented a car at the airport which was wonderful to have! We used the car daily for meals, shopping, etc and took the disney buses for everything disney. The buses are one of the perks for staying on disney as far as I am concerned. During this trip, disney had not started the bus service from the airport yet. That would have been great but then we would not have had a car.
The maid service was very friendly and accomodating. We needed some extra towels and linens for the baby. I left a note on the bed with $5 for some extra linens and pillows. When we got back to the room later that day, I had more towels, pillows, wash cloths than I could ever need. We had extras stacked in the closet for the entire trip which was great with showering and swimming using up your linens. Definitely worth a $5 tip!!
Overall, I was very happy with this trip!
Thanks!

• Stayed January 2005
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

We stayed there for 2 weeks last July. We had just got in from NYC and then were heading to Clearwater for a week. Been to Orlando on honeymoon and thought that the hotel was great even though we didn't spend much time there. We hired a car although free transport was provided to other Magic Kingdom etc.
Check in no problem at all - 5 minutes max. Parking 2 minutes walk from our block. Pool was great as well.
Room was well looked after by the maids.
Food was good but after a while we got tired of hot dogs, fries etc.
Recommend buying a ticket for the late nights at Disney where ONLY Disney hotel guests can go after 10pm.
If you are looking for bargain tickets search google for Orlando ticket bargains. Much better value than anything you will get there.
Bring id even if you are 35 cos they id everyone - even old grannies!!!
Going back in October - 3rd time in 3 years.
You can't fail to have a good time.

• Stayed July 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

My family and I are long time disney vistors since we only live 45 mins away but we still always stay in their hotels. We started staying in the pop century as soon as it was completed. However on our recent trip 5/28-6/3/05 was our worst trip yet. Disney did not seem to be ready to handle the crowds around memorial day. They seemed to of recently hired some out of school kids and they were not trained to be friendly as much as disney usually is. I even over heard one saying he got 40 hrs of overtime. That clearly proves they were not ready. The lines were longer than usual(I go 4 times a year) and they seemed to be understafed everywhere. We even tried the extended magic hours(disney hotel guests only) which were from 11pm til 2am (why do they keep the park open on a weds night after 9pm?) and we were only able to get on 3 rides. Then we had to wait 45mins(with our 5 and 8 yr olds) just to get a bus to go back to Pop Century at 2am. The hotel was missing paint in a few places and that is very undisney like. The game room only had one attendant for a huge crowd, so when a machine ate your coin, it was hard to get their attention. The maid also did not leave us but one small roll of toilet paper. The remote did not let me access the a/v on the front of the tv so my kids could play their game system or we could watch some of the video I took on the trip. The desk said all the remotes were the same but that is not true, we have been to this hotel 4 times before. Also the pool was not warm like it usually is and we even got someone elses bill attached to our door on checkout day. After going to disney so much I have noticed that now, the crowds are finally taking over. There is no fun for the long time disney visitor. It makes no sense to wait in a line for 2 hrs on something I used to be able to get on in 10 mins. I may try again in sept or october when the crowds may not be so huge. jim

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!