“The best value I ever got for the nightly charge.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Bueno Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #114 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Texas
“The best value I ever got for the nightly charge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2004

We arrived at the Pop Century hotel on November 21, 2004. We stayed for 3 nights. We are 2 adults and two daughters ages 15 and 12. Our younger daughter turned 12 the day we arrived. We chose a value hotel as we hadn't been to disney in a few years and didn't want to spend a lot on our room when we would be in the parks all day! We were originally booked in a preferred location at the full price. Which was still a bargain. We found out about a discount code and got an even better deal. The Pop Century was more than worth the money. It is new and clean. The staff is attentive, efficient and incredibly friendly. The decor is very bright, fresh and very cool!

The grounds are huge. If you are not spending the up-charge for the 60's building. I recommend the 50's building right next door. They share the same parking lot and are close to the main building and the disney buses.

We had designs with our stuffed animals every day. Guest services was always able to help. The buses were very efficient. Just a little crowded coming home, if you close the parks at night.

The only improvement could be the food. There wasn't a lot of variety and the food was not very well prepared.

The same week we also spent 2 nights at a deluxe disney resort (Animal Kingdom lodge). This was a much better value for the money by far. We would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed November 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,139)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2004

We just returned from the Pop Century November 12-22. What a wonderful place from check in to check out we have no complaints. When arriving our check in was very fast and did not take long at all. We got to our room and it was very nice, anyone who says this place is to small must be staying at some elite high class resort, Pop Century was enough room for the three of us, we had lots of suitcases and a stroller in our room and we still had enough room. Who spends time in there room when they come to disney. We were located in the 70's section it was wonderful a short walk to the hippy dippy pool, buses and classic hall. The food was good not to expensive usually the same thing which can get a little boring but always fresh with lots of variety. There is fresh fruit, salads and veggie burger for those who are really picky everything there that you really need. We had a rental car and used it only for shopping, we used Disney's buses for all parks and even downtown disney area. You cannot believe how clean this place is every morning they are scrubbing yes scrubbing the sidewalks and pool area. Was nice to be able to return from the parks and take a dip in the pool. We have no complaints only good things to say about this resort. We will be returning here again. Thank you Disney!!!
If you are looking for a CLEAN place to sleep with the Disney magic all around you Pop Century is your right choice.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2004

We stayed at Pop Century from 11/14-11/24. There was me, my husband and our 7 year old son. Check in took a while. The line was really long. Once we checked in we went to our room and loved it. Its exactly what we requested (4th floor, 50's section). We were overlooking the bowling pin pool. You can hear the toilets and showers but not enough to be bothersome. Food court can get to you after such a long stay. We ate there for breakfast every morning and usually a quick bite for supper or whatever. Expensive though. I usually ordered off the kids menu to keep the price down. Buses were ok. Usually very crowded. Most mornings going to the parks we ended up having to stand. We found it to be a great hotel for the price we paid $49 a night and would stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2004

When we got to the hotel, we thought it was beautiful when we saw it. Very colorful, very full of energy. I left the kids and my husband in the car to go check in. That was my first mistake. The line was huge. As your standing there waiting, there are a lot of front desk people, but they try to look busy as not to check on someone. Anyway, 40 minutes later, I was at the desk.(this would be the longest line I waited in the whole 2 weeks we were there, including the parks lines!) The gentleman was very nice and very quick. They have a seperate line if you need guest services or have any questions, which was very long also. Anyway, we got to our room, and we couldn't believe how long it was away from our car. And we payed more for the "preferred room"! I called front desk from the phone in the room, which is never front desk of your hotel, just DisneyWorld Resorts front desk, so they can NEVER help you with your questions. You basically have to go wait in that line you just got out of!! She told me it was a "preferred room". I was a little angry, and they told me they could move me, but I couldn't get a refund on the extra money I payed, and my husband had allready left to get a load. I left it the way it was. We did have a beautiful view of the lake, and it seemed very quiet where we were. The room was adequate size. It wasn't huge, but we had me, my husband, my 5 year old son, and my two year old son. We also had family that lived in Florida come and play with us at the parks. We did go back a few times to get some rest and change, and I thought it was plenty big for all of us. That was 7 people in the room sometimes at once. People have said the rooms were so small, the door hit the bed when you opened it. These people are used to luxory hotels. We even had a TON of luggage and a stroller in the room. For what we used the room for, it was worth what we payed. Anyway, everynite we went out to the balcony and watched the fireworks at Epcot, and 2 different nites they were at Magic Kingdom. That was one of the kids favorite things to do. Get their pajamas on and watch them. So the room ended up being perfect, EXCEPT for the parking being so far away. Terrible, terrible!! Next would be the food. Extremely expensive and O.K. taste. My husband called it organized, but ridiculous. If everyone wants something different, most of the time you each have to wait in different lines. But we did eat there because it was convienent. Most of the parks restaurants were closed at 5pm. Next, the delivering to the rooms of your purchases. That doesn't happen. It gets delivered to the gift shop, where you have to wait in long lines and then they have to go search for it. But it's better than carrying it around the park with you, so we used it quite often. The pool was nice and warm, and we used it a couple of times at nite. No hot tub though, and that's what I wanted after a long day at the park. Housekeeping was great, always came back to a clean room. All the employees were nice and friendly. One nite they were playing Family Feud outside on the back lawn. And the front desk people sometimes break out into a dance and song. I thought personally that the people in line waiting to be checked in would rather have them kept working rather than dance. Transportation was great. We had the car, but never once used it. Never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. After a week, we went and stayed at another hotel by Universal Studios, and that hotel wasn't nearly as nice, and it was a Hilton. Everyone is right; staying on the Disney resort does have a magical feeling to it!! I'd stay here again.

Cypress TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2004

We loved everything about the Pop Century! We got a great deal at $45 a night. The rooms are small but we were just in them to sleep. They were very clean and housekeeping did a great job. My daughter got sick one night at midnight and threw up all over the bed. They came with clean sheets, blanket and comforter within 10 minutes.

There are no blow dryers but we knew this and took our own. I did not find it to be noisy at all. If we listened very carefully, we could hear toilets flushing and very faint voices from adjoining rooms, but nothing that bothered us or kept us up at night (and I am a very light sleeper).

The buses worked out great - we had no problems and no long waits even at park closing time. There were often two buses there waiting when the parks closed.

The Hippy Dippy Pool was very nice - my kids loved it. They have a lot of lifeguards and life jackets are available for the kids.

The food court was not bad - definitely do the refillable mug. That was a great deal. We bought a styrofoam cooler at the grocery store on our way and filled it with ice from the hotel each morning and night. That worked out great for drinks and breakfast foods.

The staff was all very courteous and helpful. We checked in about 1:00 and our rooms were ready even though check in wasn't until 3:00. There were also no lines. We were able to get a late check out and stay in our rooms until 1:00 rather than 11:00.

We stayed in the 70's building and were very close to the pool,main hall and buses. Do ask for a room that is close. Some of the rooms at the back of the property do have quite a hike to the buses and main dining hall!!

• Stayed November 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2004

We spent the week before Thanksgiving at the Pop Century with our 4 year old son. He loved all of the larger than life icons and really enjoyed the Hippy Dippy Pool! The buildings are brightly colored and are exceptionally clean. The room was plenty big enough for the three of us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a discount rate of $49 a night due to it being off-season and I thought it was a great value. The food court is pricey, but has enough variety to please tired children, and adults, after a long day in the park. We preferred to eat in the parks before we returned to the hotel, but ate at the food court a couple of nights. We had a quiet room in the 70's section that overlooked the lake that connects to the Legendary Years. We were very pleased with the Pop Century and it offered everything we needed. The kids love it because of the colors and the fact that it was designed with children in mind. We will definitely stay there on our next trip and would highly recommend to families with kids or someone looking for a really good value at a Disney resort! My only suggestion is to parents using the buses. The buses to Pop Century fill up quickly because there are so many people that stay there. Catching the bus back to Pop Century from the Magic Kingdom, especially after the park closes, is going to take a while. The wait really took its toll on the kids standing there. The last day of our stay, we decided to drive to the Magic Kingdom and take the ferry over there. Much more efficient and a lot less walking for the kids. Andrea LaFaver, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Massillon, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2004

We stayed at Pop Century from September 25 to October 2. Our room did not seem small as we had read before, but there were only my husband, 9 yo son and myself. Our room was always clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. During our stay we endured Hurricane Jeanne, and the staff was excellent in helping us prepare and keeping us informed. The pools were excellent and just walking around the grounds were an adventure. Our last day we had an afternoon flight and spent the day by the pool sipping drinks from the pool bar while our son went swimming. A great way to end our trip.

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!