“A Wonderfull Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Bueno Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #113 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A Wonderfull Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The room was quiet clean and very confortable. The hotel restaurant and shop was AMAIZING. The cast was great. Definetly Pop Century is a remember when experience. The bus service and the theme parks was perfect. Disney do it better again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,141)
Central Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

First off, if people don't do research before arriving, then they are asking for trouble. I DID my research, and was pleasantly surprised.

The pools were wonderful, so clean and without the awful chlorine smell at most hotels. The food court was fine, nothing fancy.

Check-in was less than 15 minutes, and we got the room location we requested. We had a perfect view of the lake, and fireworks. Everything was clean, including the public areas.
Could the rooms be bigger? Absolutely. Could the buses be less full. For certain! Are the Pop Century buses better than ANY other WDW resort? Yes. Google it if you don't believe me.

The reviewer that said the a/c has motion sensors is completely incorrect. Our room was always cool (72) when we arrived back at night. And stayed cool all through the night.

Room Tip: Call a week ahead, ask for a room either close to the main hall for convenience or lake view if you...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We checked in on 4/28 at about 10:30am. From the moment we walked in, it was a disaster. Check-in line was crazy. Took about 1 1/2 hours to check-in. Our room was not ready & we were told we would get a text message when it was ready. Because it took so long we lost our 1st fast pass reservation. We went to Magic Kingdom & received a text at about 2pm that we have been assigned a room. We didn't get back to the hotel until about 11pm. At that point I go to the front desk Concierge to ask where I should go for room assignment. Woman named Shelva (or close to it) wasn't very nice, told me she was busy & couldn't help me. Back to the check-in line I go to wait with 2 tired kids. Finally, received my room assignment. Get to my room & I can't get in. We had to go back to the lobby at now 11:30-ish, wait in line again to be told that our magic bands didn't sync up with the room. I had to wait again to get this done. Get back to the room with all our luggage at 12:30am & the room was incredibly small. Not enough room for our luggage. Two double beds, one sink, a small table w/2 chairs, small refrigerator & small bathroom. Room was clean as always with Disney. The resort didn't feel like a resort. It was very crowded, very noisy & the staff were not friendly. No restaurant only quick service meals. The bus service was ridiculous. Overcrowded. They squish you all into a bus which made the ride very uncomfortable. The next day we asked for an upgrade to a moderate & we would pay the difference. I was told by numerous people at the front desk that all the hotels were sold out. I then spoke to the manager Adam. He was very helpful & was able to get us a room at Port Orleans Riverside. Huge difference!
we checked out & checked in that same day. This resort wasn't terrible, just not for us. The parks are busy enough. We prefer to come back to our room where we can rest well. That wasn't possible for us here.

Stayed April 2014
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I always stay value at Disney because I only ever need a place to shower and sleep. This last stay at Pop Century was great! The room was clean and kept clean by housekeeping. We never had any issues. We were in building 9 (80s), and it is a far walk to the lobby (especially when needing morning coffee!). There's a shortcut to the bus stops through the parking lot which was great for tired feet at the end of the day. The food in the food court really isn't that bad, and the lines move efficiently even though it's very busy at peak times. The cast member who checked us in could have been friendlier, but overall, I love Pop and would stay again and again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Regina, SK, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I just returned from spending a week at Disney's Pop Century hotel and had a wonderful time. I was located in the 60's bldg poolside it was clues to the food court and to the buses ; however if you don't want to hear pool noise you shouldn't stay pool side as music starts every morning at 9 am but that was fine to me as I was getting ready to head for the parks! Very clean and an overall great experience as I usually stay at moderate rooms and this time a value which is really no difference except for smaller rooms.

• Stayed April 2014
Lake Charles, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The room was hot. We call down to front desk and are told that nothing can be done. There is a motion sensor and if there isn't motion within 15 minutes, the air conditioning turns off. There was a high of 93 so we come back to the room for some relief and don't get it. At night we stop moving so it doesn't stay cool either. We are all suffering sinus issues and I think because of the lack of air conditioning there was mold in the room. There was rust on top of the bathroom door jam.
The drink cups now have a tag on them and you can only refill it 3 times in a 2 hour period, if they work.
They need more buses. We had to stand almost every time we got on the bus. Plus how about some share while we wait. I didn't get sunburnt in the park, it was while waiting for the buses.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The room felt kind of like a motel in the 80's but the over all feel of the resort made up for it. It's a very family friendly resort with a fantastic pool! They even play movies outside every night! We had a great time here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!