“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #119 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooksville, Florida
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Probably not the best of the Disney Value Resorts, but room was very clean and cozy. No Valet or Resort Fees to worry about. Some of the sections are dark and the parking toward the back for the Western area lacks due to sporting events and such. Also a far walk from parking lot and all the hotel amenities. Over all it was just ok.

Room Tip: Nothing in the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,330)
Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I gave this resort five stars not just for the room, but the total experience. The staff is amazing, so friendly and helpful. The propert is just plain cool. There is a lot to see just walking around the property. My kids loved the decor, the playground, and pool areas. The grounds were very neat and clean. We only saw part of the property because our stay was for one night. There is a huge gift shop and a large cafeteria style restaurant. It was easy to take the shuttle to and from the parks. The rooms themselves aren't anything fancy, but we only slept there. The kids loved the little creatures that the staff made out of towels. We had a great time and hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stay here for the last part of our holiday vacations in order to take advantage of the Disney Resort perks such as the extra magic hours and Disney transportation to and from the parks. This Disney Resort was very clean and nice. We were lucky enough to get a room in the closest building to the bus stops so that was a plus. The grounds were clean, although in the peak of the holiday season they were painting the pool areas which lead to a strong paint smell. Although the hotel was full, it never felt crowed and we never had a problem with the buses and for being high season the service was super. The room was a little small but ok, and did have a little refrigerator (a plus). We used the Disney express to the airport, and the service was excellent and very organized, the hotel even had a check in service for the major airlines, meaning spending less time in lines in the airport as well as being able to check our luggage in the hotel and picked them up at our arrival (this was excellent).

niagara falls usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at Pop many times since 2007. I love the theming, my favorite section is the 60's. The rooms were recently refurbished and all have a mini fridge , the vanity area has a privacy curtain , which is great. he beds ar comfortable and Mousekeeping does a great job . On my latest trip our mousekeeper made us towel animals almost everyday, she even made a toothbrush holder out of washcloths and tied the toilet paper in a bow . These sort of touches make the stay magical. Luggage service is extremely helpful, you can ceck in your carryons while waiting for your room to be ready and go to a park or to get a bite at the Foodcourt there .They have 4 stations each with a different variety of food . The gift shop has a great variety of souvenirs etc !! The staff who are known as CM's are all extremely helpful and pleasant . I have little to no desire to stay at any other Disney Resort !! Oh and one more thing they have 3 pools , my favorite is The Hippy Hoppy Pool.

Room Tip: Ask for 60's Lake view , our room was 5417 which is 4th floor the view was great !!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at this resort twice & haven't had any complaints! I believe it is one of the lower end resorts that you can stay at for a cheaper value, with that being said the rooms are a little out dated but for the money and the little time you would be in your room who cares? Its a place to shower & sleep. When we return to Disney this would most likely be returning to this resort!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Pop Century during a business trip with my wife and kids. We stayed in the 50's section which is very close to check-in. The main building has a arcade, gift shop and eating area. The choice of food was italian, sandwiches and premade on the go food.The rooms are a good size for the price. It has two double beds which were very comfortable. The only complaint I have was the room A/C would not get the room to the temperature I set and the bathroom needs a brighter light.

Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I chose this hotel firstly because of the price and secondly because a poolview room was close to the foodcourt, busstop etc. My 5 year old is lazy to walk.... Because of the mixed reviews I was a little bit worried, but I was very happy with my choice. Everybody was friendly, except sometimes at the food court. The room was very clean, we did not get any funny towel decorations, but what the heck. The food was my only disappointment. I really felt most things were tasteless. We were there during a busy time in December and I never struggled to find a table, waited long for a bus or were rude to. My daughter loved the kiddies pool. The gift shop is very nice. She developed a cough on the 3rd day and I could buy cough syrup from there.There is also a games arcade with a small racing car for small kids that she loved. Never once (except for the food) did I feel ....if I had more money.....! We had the teaparty at the Grand Floridian and yes, if our SA Rand was not so weak I would have loved to stay there, but it is way over my budget!

Room Tip: We asked for a poolview room, lovely and close to the food court. Worth the extra money? I am not su...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!