“Built for kids only” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Bueno Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #114 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Thedford, Ontario, Canada
“Built for kids only”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very cheap hotel for Disney World. I nicknamed the hotel HOTEL 2. Room had a TV but virtually no other amenities. I was shocked. We booked the hotel be cause the entire wedding party was staying there, we checked out on the second day. Huge pool, the only restaurant was fast food and kind of buffet style, food was terrible. I paid $130.00 for one person, moved over to the Hilton, beautiful room, about one mile away, beautiful hotel, ready for this......$139.00.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,139)
Linwood, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We absolutely loved this place. The room was clean, albeit small, but there was only my 5 year old granddaughter and I. The only downside was that I had called 2 weeks prior and requested a fridge for my granddaughter's medication and was told I would get one, but it took two more phone calls once we were there. They were in the process of replacing all refrigerators. Other than that the experience was awesome. We stayed in the 80's building which was a perfect location to get to the buses. I would highly recommend the POP Century to anyone.

Room Tip: The 80's building was great. Close to the computer pool and the bus line.
Hawthorne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Slept in our given room the first night, but had to change the very next morning due to an onion smell in the room and on the linens. We packed and moved into the same type of room, but no smell. The grounds are kept clean and "cast members" are nice. Food is fair , but by the time you sit for breakfast, your food is cold because the lines to pay take too long. Buses were great and we never had to wait that long. We have stayed at deluxe resorts and you can definitely tell the difference, but you also spend much more money. You really don't spend a lot of time in the room, so it doesn't matter. The walls are super thin which was a bit irritating throughout the night. Because I was on a tight budget this year, I chose Pop Century. I probably would not stay here again because it was more like a nicely themed Super 8.

• Stayed August 2013
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our past 3 Disney resorts have all been deluxe resorts, but we decided the Pop Century was worth a try. Cute atmosphere, wonderful staff and the gift shop and overall décor was very nice. I really cannot say enough great things about the staff, and housekeeping. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Ste.Gen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Enjoyed another wonderful stay at Pop Century at Walt Disney World. As always everything was perfect. The staff is friendly & helpful. Lots of new food offerings at the food court. Pools clean & refreshing with activities for everyone at the main pool. I learned how to make a dog out of a wash cloth like the housekeepers put in our windows. There are fancier places to stay at the world but with enjoying the parks there is no need to spend any more to have all the comforts. There was a fridge in the room we stayed in but I do not know if all rooms have them. Just a short walk across the bridge takes you to the new Disney Art of Antimation resort. The food court there has different items, all good as well.

Room Tip: I like to stay away from the activity so I ask for a room all the way out back by the parking lot. I...
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is amazing! I got back home from this hotel yesterday, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is AWESOME! We stayed in the 80's, it was amazing. We usually went to the Hippy Dippy pool because of all the activities. Food was very good. This hotel is so amazing, stay here guys. Nobody wanted to leave when it was time to leave. Love this hotel.

Room Tip: 60's Rooms are closest to main building. But rooms on the 50's and 80's are quieter.
Montreal, Qc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at Pop Century with the Free Dining offer last September.

Many say, the rooms are small etc. Yes, it's true, but hey, you are at Disney, we were not there for the room but for the grounds and the Theme Park.

The rooms were clean, but could get noisy at times.

Loved the pools and the decor.

For our money, it was a great deal!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!