“I like the hotel because is close to every Park.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #119 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“I like the hotel because is close to every Park.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

They treat you really good. The location is great! It's a little old, and the dinning room not so clean. But the place is recomendable. It has a Bogotá pool, night movies under the sky and cool games in the arcade.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,330)
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our most recent trip was in March 2013 and the final 3 nights were spent here. My husband and I stayed here once before and he wanted to again so we did. We had a room behind the jukebox in the 50's section. This is a great location. Near the main building and bus stops and the quiet pool there is a great place to hang out when your not in the park. We have never had screaming kids or anything at the pool and when we were there everyone was keeping to themselves and ample swimming space.
The room itself is not large but it fit us fine. it has 2 beds, flat screen tv, sink which is separate from the toilet and shower. There is also a safe for your valuables and a closet area but it is not enclosed. There is a dresser but I do not find the drawers to hold much so I usually end up hanging things up.
Everything POP is the gift shop/food court. This is an okay place to eat. It is your basic food.
The buses for the times I have been there have never been an issue. I think once we had a longer wait.

Room Tip: Don't pay for preferred but ask to be in the building nearest and then you will be close to the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Although we weren't going to spend a lot of time in our room and understanding that this is a "value" resort, I expected more.
I found the room dark and badly needed updating. The carpets looked dirty and the bathroom tiles were dingy looking, it smelled clean, just looked old and tired. When trying to find a dropped stuff toy, I noticed a bottle cap on the floor that was not ours and a piece of packaging that was dropped on the bathroom floor was never picked up. The walkways outside the rooms were noisy but it was a busy time of year, the pools were busy too but seemed well maintained. There was a complimentary fridge and free wi-Fi, which is new and nice. The staff at the front desk, store and restaurant were very nice and very helpful, check in and check out was a breeze if done online.
The buses to and from the parks were good. Finding parking for our rental was always a challenge and we had to walk quite a distance from where we parked to our room.

Overall I thought the Pop Century was just OK to poor and I would not go back. I also won't try any other resorts under the "value" listing. We really liked Port Orleans FQ and I regret not going back to that resort!

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Pop Century on 4/11-4/13. This was probably my 3rd or 4th time staying there and as always, I'm happy with the price, location, and room. We stayed in the 90s building, which was a great location for catching the buses. I usually rent cars because I hate the bus, but I decided to be open minded and give it a try. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. It gets a little crowded when the parks close, but it's such a short ride to the hotel that I didn't mind.

The room was clean and came with a refridgerator. The maids come a little too early for my taste, but that was a minor issue.

The front desk staff is informative, friendly, and fast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times and every time it is a BLAST. You really have the Disney feel! Free transportation to and from all the parks, and not to mention the extra magic hours!
I would suggest buying their travelling mug because you are able to have free drinks (non alcoholic) to refill the whole time during your stay.
I love Disney and I wouldn't trade this hotel for anything <3

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I visited Disney - First time for both of us - And stayed at Pop Century. The hotel was wonderful! Everything was awesome, from the lobby to the animations all over the grounds. The room was small, but who spends time in the room while at Disney? The important part is that it was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The pools were great, and we loved that they were open late! We had a dining plan, which I highly recommend. It was hassle free, and we were always pleased with our meals (At Pop Century or at one of the parks). The busses are super convenient, never more than 10 minutes waiting to get to the park of your choice...and we travelled on March Break. Pop Century is a great family spot, would love to go back with kids!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was a little worried after reading other reviews,but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.The hotel was up to date,very clean,nicely decorated,friendly staff!!!I would stay here again.We had no problems whatsoever and I was very happy we chose to stay here

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!