“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

You added Disney's Pop Century Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Pop Century Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Century Drive, Lake Bueno Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #116 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

After looking up prices for hotels in the lake buena vista area we decided our best bet was to stay in an actual disney resort. Many resorts outside of Disney in the lake buena vista area are decently priced but when you factor in the theme park parking fees and the gas costs to get there, you conclude that you are better off staying in a disney resort.

My boyfriend and I arrived on Wednesday morning (around 9am) and there was no line for check-in. Our room was already ready for us, but we decided to take the complimentary shuttle to Epcot right away. The shuttles are great! Buses pass by every so often to take you to the different theme parks.

The room was very clean. We stayed in building 10 of the 70's. They do a great job providing enough towels, shampoo, and soap. The shower was great. The shower head squirts out thick streams of water (which feel great after a long day of walking) and the water can be as hot as you want it.

The breakfast was great and quick. Get the Mickey waffle kids meal!!! For only $4.99 you get 2 Mickey waffles, a slice of turkey bacon, sausage patty, 2 strawberries, apple slices, and your choice of milk or juice. That sure filled me up!

To check out it took us about 25 seconds. A cast member on an iPad helped us through the process.

The theme is great. The Hotel is beautifully decorated. You get an extra hour in theme parks on select days (call beforehand and find out). Overall STAY HERE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,133)
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in the 50's (bowling) section for three nights the end of February 2013. Having just stayed at Bay Lake Tower in October, I was hesitant about how this value resort would stack up, but the price was too good to pass on for such a short trip. I was so pleased with everything and would definitely return. My daughters (ages 5 and 9) and I had an adjoining room to my parents, which made the rooms seem larger, but a family of four would be fine for a few days - note the beds are only double-size though. It was a relatively slow time for Disney, but I couldn't believe how peaceful this resort was. No one was running or yelling, and both cast members and patrons were polite and friendly.

Some of our favorites: pizza delivery; grab n go snacks, like veggies with dip, to keep in the room's mini fridge; housekeeping's towel animals and rearranging of our stuffed animals each day; and of course, swimming in all 3 pools - we were the only ones swimming in the bowling and computer pools most of the time - who would think you could say that on a Disney property?! We ventured over to Art of Animation for breakfast one day, which is a fun little walk; however, their food court was absolutely crazy - loud and only the cast members seemed happy. It was such a difference to cross the bridge back to Pop.

I agree with other reviews that we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus, even during the slower parts of the day. We did have to stand a fair amount on the rides, but again, people were friendly and consistent about offering their seat to my mom - something that we didn't see much in the fall from Contemporary/Bay Lake patrons, go figure.

A few additional things made this a great stay at Pop: upon arrival (online check-in is great, btw), my 9yr old threw up in the lobby trash - and on her birthday! There was a younger boy working there standing nearby and he was so nice to her, telling her not to worry about it and it happens to all of us. Then, the next day, they gave my daughter a birthday button, balloons + 1 for my other daughter so "she didn't feel left out", and a card in the room from Mickey. And the last act, which was my favorite, was that we got a late check-out which allowed more pool time, but then I left so quickly that I forgot an entire drawer full of clothes. They found them and shipped them back FedEx no charge with a nice note. Thanks to that great experience, I guess they trapped me for yet one more trip...

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We reserved 3 rooms, requesting that two were adjoining. Our party was our family of 6 (4 kids0 and my inlaws. When we arrived, we had the adjoining rooms but they put my inlaw's name on the adjoining room instead of the non-adjoining rooms. We figured it wasn't a big deal but my inlaws had to use cards with the kids names on them. It caused some confusion for us since our park tickets were on there too.
The rooms were fairly clean. There was some mold in our shower. The outside facilities were very clean and the kids enjoyed the pool.
Check in was quick and the bus service was good too.
The price was great-especially if you need a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my first trip to Disney with my daughter. We visited this hotel in June 2012. I did not want to rent a car so when planning this trip I wanted to make sure that transportation was provided. This hotel and the hotel package that I obtained provided transportation to and from the airport and to all the parks. We did not have any issues with the transportation. The hotel was great. The check-in and check-out process were very easy and everyone was friendly. The pools were great...my daughter did not want to get out of the pool! I am not sure if this was mentioned in previous reviews but they provide life jackets for the kids. I thought this was excellent since my daughter does not know how to swim. The restaurant provided affordable food and healthy options. For the kids' meal you get an entree and two snacks and a juice/milk. This was great, since my daughter would not eat everything, she had snacks for later. Definitely invest on the $15 reusable cup since you can get as many refills as you like. The arcade was an added plus, specially since it rained a few of the days that we were there. The room service was great and overall my daughter and I had a great experience. I would recommend this hotel and also go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 50s area and it was a very short walk to the main building.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Branchburg, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The value resorts at Disney World are not necessarily a good value, depending on what you're looking for. If you really want to stay in Disney World, like I do, but you can't afford a more expensive hotel, then Pop Century is a good choice. You get access to the parks earlier than outside guests, and there is bus service all around the resort and too and from the airport. If you drive to Florida, parking is free for Disney hotel guests, which can save you around $15 a day. Figure that into the cost of staying in Kissimmee.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the main building if you can.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here for 5 days. The resort is large, very clean and every inch is designed with kids in mind. Check-in was a breeze, although we did encounter about a 10-15 minute wait (Saturday check-in, to be expected). Although the resort is considered one of Disney's "Value" resorts, we found it to have everything we needed and more! The rooms are small, but we didn't plan on spending too much time there anyway. They are also clean and the carpet & bedding seemed fresh, which to me is important to note since this is one of Disney's older resorts. It is well taken care of! My ONLY complaint is that the mattresses are not the best. Friends we went with called down and were given a another mattress, so they are eager to please! I HIGHLY recommend the quick service dining plan. Each person gets one card at check-in. This card is used as your room key, park tickets (even for fast passes), meals on the dining plan, and anything you want to charge to your room. I can't tell you how convenient this is! One note is that with the quick service plan, you can get all adult meals, even if you are signed up some kids' meals. This is helpful since it's obviously more food, but also there are more options on the adult menu. The pool at the resort was nice and there were poolside games and a movie every evening. The resort is situated on a lake, which makes for a great walk or in my case, jogging path. Transportation to and from the parks is SO convenient! That alone makes staying on Disney property worth it!!! Also important to note is that every single employee we encountered was incredibly helpful and really went out of their way to make our trip a success. A Disney trip is never cheap for a family of 5, but if you're going to do it, stay on a Disney property... and the Pop Century is a GREAT choice!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Throughout my childhood and adulthood I have stayed at many disney world resorts from Grand Floridian to Caribbean Beach and everywhere in between. I was hesitant at first staying at a value resort but so happy I did! I loved Pop Century and my kids did too and quite honestly it was just as good as the deluxe resorts but with small rooms and less flashier pools and firmer beds. The beds aren't that bad, just firm. The pool is fun for the kids and have fun activities going on during the day. The service is great and we loved the food court-the roast beef and blue cheese sandwich are still on me and my son's mind! The bus system was good-even with at times long bus lines, they were close together and we never waited more than 5 minutes for one. We stayed in a preferred pool view room so we were right next to the main building which was great. I will definitely stay there again and again!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!