Walt Disney World's Pop Century resort is built around memories of the decades Fifties through Nineties. Although the hotel is similar in most respects to the nearby budget-priced All Star resorts, it takes the theme-ing to a grander scale. We enjoyed the lobby walls lined with cases containing mementos from the past decades. Take some time for this fun stuff. And the exterior of the building has the typical giant-sized icons Disney uses at these family-oriented resorts: a 40-foot high Lady and the Tramp, a monstrous yo-yo, a huge jukebox...you get the idea.
As with the All Star resorts, there is no restaurant per se. Instead, there is a large food court with a wide variety of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack food. As with all of WDW, the quality is very good....fresh greens, fresh baked items, etc. And unlike the All Stars, the Pop Century has a full sitdown pool bar called Petals. The pool itself is large, and water activities for the kiddies are available. And of course, there is a large gift shop stocked with all the typical WDW merchandise.
The resort backs up to a lake on one side with a nice walking/running/ bike path and a footbridge across the water to the newly opened Art of Animation resort.
As with all these sprawling resorts (Pop Century has 2,200 rooms!), it's best to pay a little more for a "preferred room" nearest the pool, lobby and food court/gift shop. And as with all WDW resorts, we found the staff always friendly and helpful.
Pop Century is typically priced slightly higher than the other budget resorts, but look for a deal and you may find a price that is very reasonable, as we did. The location is an easy quick drive to all the parks, or if you are without a car, use WDW's very efficient bus system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Pop Century Resort is a Disney Value Resort hotel featuring giant icons that salute many of the 20th-century popular culture crazes—including toys, gadgets, music, movies, fads and catch phrases. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop