“We ate here twice during a 5 day trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pat O'Briens at Universal Citywalk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #696 of 3,000 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Universal CityWalk
Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
Description: It's Mardi Gras 365 days a year at this authentic reproduction of New Orleans' favorite watering hole. Pat O'Brien's is the home of the world-famous Hurricane drink and the "Flaming Fountain" patio, a picturesque courtyard that will have you believing you're in the middle of Bourbon Street. Pat O'Brien's is also the home of dueling pianos, and in Pat O's Piano Bar you can sing along with two piano players performing nightly. There's also a popular Locals Bar perfect for friendly conversation and catching your favorite game on one of our TV's. Pat O's offers unique private parties with a huge balcony overlooking CityWalk and the patio. Sample Cajun style appetizers and entrees, raise your glass, and 'Have Fun!' as you enjoy a little bit of the Big Easy right in Orlando.
Katy, Texas
“We ate here twice during a 5 day trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food is absolutely delicious. The service was good. The singing from the piano bar was my least favorite part. By the time they had slaughtered "Pour some Sugar on me" by Def Leppard and "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks, I about wanted to stab myself to put myself out of my misery. The drunk women at the table next to us were rowdy and loud. That was the first day. The second day we sat at the bar area near the front and avoided the auditory assault. It was wonderful. Again, the food was wonderful and the service was good thought not great the second night. I think the bartender was a bit upset that we weren't having any alcohol and were just there for the food. It is a great place to go if you like loud, not so great singing with great piano playing. Again, the food is wonderful though and quite reasonably priced. I got a steak and potatoes meal for $17 that was superb and my father loved the nachos.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent for Late Night Drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Friends and I loved this place. Great for late night drinks as well great entertainment. The dueling pianos were amazing and the service was outstanding. The kitchen was closed when we were there but for fun and partying it was SO great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Locals LOVE Pat O'Briens!! Great food! Great value! so fun/unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The food is hot and delicious, super affordable! Especially for CityWalk. You'd think it'd be a huge rip-off but I eat here all the time: great prices, its super unique, and fun entertainment. Hard to find that combo! drink selection is excellent. I used to think their cocktails/mixed drinks were a little pricy... until I found out they all come with a souvenir glass!! I was still willing to pay for several drinks anyway, and I was elated when all the souvenir cups showed up at the end.

Our waitress was Samantha (I think) she knew how to hustle!!! A very sweet, tiny girl handling trays that look heavier then her! Not her first rodeo... She was an awesome waitress.

I love bringing my friends here. Its such a cool, unique restaurant. Very unique, always amazing live entertainment - not too loud, we always end up singing along! - great food, something for everyone, and surprisingly affordable for CityWalk!!

The performers are so interactive, make you feel part of the show. And I promise you will be singing, they play all the best songs! They even take requests! Its just such a fun restaurant. Doesn't feel touristy, just feels like a great place to be.

I've eaten end enjoyed: The Bayou burger, Shrimp Po' boy, Cajun Mac n Cheese and Appetizer sampler. The Mac n Cheese was DELICIOUS my only complaint is that I wanted more of it! I was licking the plate!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Late Dinner on CityWalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

CityWalk stays open way past closing of the parks. No room inside, so sat outside on large patio (actually larger than inside accommodations). A bit cool, so they put out at least half-dozen propane heaters. Too bad our table wasn't near one, but we just wore our coats. Very good drinks/wine/beer list. Food well above average. Lighting very poor. Off the beaten path, but prob the best food on CityWalk

Visited January 2014
Parkville, Maryland
“… no good ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Crappy service: Appetizer plate (I use singular because we never got separate plates to take the appetizer off and divvy it up between us) and empty drinks piled up without being bussed. Food was delivered and the waitress never came by to see how it was (I'll get to how it was in a moment). She was generally not that pleasant and unenthusiastic, it also took an hour for the food to come out. While we were initially waiting we wrote down a song on a napkin and gave it to one of the dueling piano players with a five dollar bill. He put the five in his tip jar and put the napkin on the piano. Several other people came up and gave one dollar bills with their songs and they were played almost directly after giving them their money and song choice. We asked for the Jackson 5 song 'ABC', now I understand if they did not know the song or couldn't play it or whatever, but any other piano bar I have been to where they do not want to or know how to play a certain song, they'll generally ask if you have any other request. Not here. They take your money and throw your song request on the piano and go about their evening without playing it.

Crappy food: I ordered a po'boy, the bread was hard as if it had been under a heat lamp for longer than it should have (which could be the case since it took an hour for our food to come out) and the crawfish tasted bland. My husband's mac and cheese looked to be off the children's menu, it was a small dish served with a dinner roll.

The crappy aftermath: Immediately after dinner I rushed to the bathroom, and for a better part of the evening after our meal that's where I stayed. Enough said.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere