“Very pleased with the experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spencer's for Steaks and Chops

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway, Hilton Orlando, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
+1 407-313-8625
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: I-Drive and 528 Beachline
Description: Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Orlando redefines the classic steakhouse restaurant with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Featuring USDA prime beef dry aged for 21 to 28 days, hand cut and seared to perfection. Spencer's offers a memorable Orlando dining experience with handcrafted dishes, scratch made cocktails, and a distinctive destination wine list. Knowledgeable servers may also recommend our famous chops, fresh local seafood, and innovative side dishes made with local organic produce. Desserts are made fresh daily embracing the seasons finest flavors. Friendly conversation, timeless martinis and fine wines are featured at The Spencer's Bar. The Orlando bar menu offers a wide variety of our featured items. An evening you will never forget in a destination you will always remember.
“Very pleased with the experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A wonderful waitress by the name of Jackic made our night.she was very helpful with our selection, we will return.from Maryland

Sunrise, Florida
“Mystery Happy Hour and Hidden Specials”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were staying at the hotel. On their website they advertise happy hour at Spencers. We went in about 5:30 and it was empty. I asked the hostess about the happy hour and she didn't know anything about it. She referred us to the bartender and said that we were asking about happy hour.

By now, I felt like I was imposing and was not welcome. The bartender says “Yes, it's between 5:30 and 7”. I asked what it includes. Again, like I was bothering them “certain wines and a couple appetizers”.

We had enough. Don't make us ask another question like “well what appetizers”. Don't have anything like a menu or a piece of paper that details the happy hour to show. Oh, but do make us feel unwelcome. We left property and went to the Oceanaire. At least their happy hour is clearly stated on their website and they didn't make us feel cheap for wanting to take advantage of it.

We had a similar experience there a couple years ago. The website was advertising a “summer special” menu. I think it was a two course meal for $30. We were seated in an empty room. The waitress brings us the menus that did not have any reference to the specials. I asked about it.

The waitress reluctantly brings us the summer special menus. The food was just average, and I didn't care for the attitude of the server and hostess who made us feel cheap by asking for the special.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“Very Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Venue

I read a lot of good reviews for Spencer's over the last couple of years, and we finally got to try it. It's located in the Orlando Hilton, just off International Drive. Frankly, the outside of the hotel has always looked a little run down, so I've always had a little bit of an aversion to trying Spencer's. Well, this is the perfect 'don't judge a book by its cover' scenario. The hotel is actually beautiful inside and the restaurant is classy, modern, elegant and upscale chic. It has a great bar area, the tables are very comfortable, and the exhibition kitchen allows foodies to watch the chef's in action.

The Service

Our server was Kathryn, and let me just say, she elevated the entire experience. From the moment she promptly and warmly greeted us, to her final goodbye, this girl was an all-star. My wife loves a drink called a Caiparena, which is made with Brazilian Cane Rum called Cachaca. When we asked if they made those, she went to the bar to check. Next thing we know, the bar tender is at our table asking us how it's made, and with what ingredients. The only thing he said he did not have was the Cachaca, but he could substitute cane rum from another country. We thanked him but told Kathryn we'd move on to wine. He was very polite and his eagerness to please was evident. So much so, that 5 minutes later he showed up at our table with a drink he made using the other rum. What a nice guy. While it did not taste the same, we applauded his effort, and my wife did end up drinking it. As if that was not enough, he insisted the drink was on him. Wow. The service for the rest of the meal was outstanding... five star in fact, without the snootiness that sometimes comes with it. At the end of the meal Kathryn wrapped up our food to take home and left a personally handwritten and signed thank you note in our to go bag. Additionally, there was a small box of chocolate along with a VIP card inviting us to come back and receive a 20% discount. This place knows what excellent service is all about.

The menu is diverse, fresh and organic, as they state. Plenty of selection, from prime beef and chops (their specialty), to chicken and fresh fish. They source their ingredients from some of the top producers in the country, including, Snake River Farms for meat, Benton's for bacon and Geechie Boy Grits.

My wife passed on a starter and ordered the Kurabuta Pork Tenderloin. Kathryn recommended the crab cakes for my starter and I ordered the Diver Scallops for my entree. Sadly, on this particular night the food missed the mark a bit. My wife's pork was pink all the way through, as ordered, however, the meat was bland as it was not well seasoned, and the accompaniments were a bit boring and lacked flavor. I am a huge crab cake fan, and was really looking forward to trying them since Kathryn recommended them so highly. Unfortunately, they were not good. They had a lot of filler, which had a peculiar taste that did not (in my humble opinion) work at all. I am from the less is more school of thought when it comes to crab cakes. Some high quality jumbo lump crab, with a very little, properly seasoned, binder, seared off lightly, and served with a nice bright citrus aioli... now that's the ticket. Anyway, I did not even complain about them but Kathryn noticed that I only ate 1/2 of one of them. She didn't even say anything to me when she took the plate from our table. Instead, she returned about 5 minutes later and informed me that since I did not completely devour both crab cakes, there had to be something wrong. She had brought them to the chef directly and asked him to try them. He did, and then proceeded to tell Kathryn that they were not up to par. All this happened without any word to me at all. These people are absolutely amazing. She returned to my table to tell me the story, and insisted on removing it from our check. I told her that was completely unnecessary, but she insisted. Amazing, really. I had the diver scallops for my entree, and they were cooked to perfection. As with my wife's pork, the accompaniments were just not great, and did not serve to compliment the protein at all. While I do appreciate their efforts to remain 'organic', they really need to work on selecting the right ingredients to compliment the protein, and making them taste better. ==

All in all, a very nice experience at Spencer's; and we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocoee, Florida
“Diverse Menu, Sophisticated Atmosphere and Food Cooked With Finesse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our group of 12 was treated to an array of appetizers, including the best pork belly I've ever had (more bacon, less fat), plump crab cakes, and a rabbit confit cannoli that I wanted to just keep devouring. Being somewhat adventurous in my menu choices, I opted for the ostrich, which Chef Louis Martorano or one of his staff had described as a cross between a prime steak and duck. It was juicy, delicately seasoned, and charred to perfection. Another attendee had the largest stack of lamp chops I've ever seen and was fortunate that she sliced off a hunk for me to taste. The sides were just as amazing. Do not miss their unique mac & cheese, which was tortellini in a creamy sauce and topped by carmelized bacon or their hash brown tart. Then came an array of wonderfully flavorful desserts. This was restaurant quality cuisine in a hotel setting.

“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's just amazing!Especially after 5 days of eating at different "fast dood" rests at amusement parks. I do recommend for those who cares about really good steakes and wonderful service. Wide array of wines is another plus.