“Great if you are staying at the Hilton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spencer's for Steaks and Chops

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
6001 Destination Parkway, Hilton Orlando, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
407-313-8625
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,106 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: I-Drive and 528 Beachline
Description: Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Orlando redefines the classic steakhouse restaurant with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Featuring USDA prime beef dry aged for 21 to 28 days, hand cut and seared to perfection. Spencer’s offers a memorable Orlando dining experience with handcrafted dishes, scratch made cocktails, and a distinctive destination wine list. Knowledgeable servers may also recommend our famous chops, fresh local seafood, and innovative side dishes made with local organic produce. Desserts are made fresh daily and include New York Style Cheesecake topped with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote, Apple Confit Brulee, The Key Lime, and our intriguing and desirable Bittersweet Chocolate Soufflé. Friendly conversation, timeless martinis and fine wines are featured at The Spencer’s Bar. The Orlando bar menu offers a wide variety of our featured items. An evening you will never forget in a destination you will always remember.
Gunter, TX
“Great if you are staying at the Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ate there twice because we enjoyed it so much. Service is very good and the timing was perfect. Get the mac-n-cheese with maple bacon if nothing else. Nice view over looking the pool and a lot less of a hassle than fighting your way down International Drive

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saginaw, Michigan
“Way pricy for a hotel restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

THe place has a nice view of the pool and an outside eating area also a piano player which make for a nice atmosphere. The food is extremely over priced, as are the drinks, a glass of wine for $14.00, no bottled or local micro brews on tap just the typical run of the mill beer all over priced. Take you time and go to Charlie Steak house nearby, the food is great and service is too. They carry local brews on tap, and a nice wine list.

Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Very Accommodating and Terrific Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

There was nothing to complain about here! The atmosphere was lovely and the food delicious. I must say that the staff was really the best part of my experience. I had a large business party and the number of guests went up and down several times preceding the dinner date. Pedro and Christopher really helped me manage the situation. During the dinner, our party or twenty received impeccable service from Jackie, our head server, and all of the supporting servers. Try the filet - really melts in you mouth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Lovely birthday treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this restaurant as a treat for my birthday after reading good reviews on trip advisor. The restaurant did not disappoint! The food was delicious and the staff attentive. I was made to feel extra special on my birthday by being given free champagne, an amazing dessert together with a box of chocolates when I left. This is certainly not a cheap place to dine but you expect to pay for quality and excellent service. Thank you for a wonderful evening (especially Jacqie and Pedro). Next time we are in Florida we will definitely be visiting again! Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Second time around. Simply flawless.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just to check back in and let you know it's not a fluke.
We went back to Spencer's in the International Drive Hilton, and feared the first time would be one-off. We were wrong. Gloriously wrong!
The room was a bit more full this time, but this was not an issue. Tables are spaced nicely, so you don't feel you're eating off your neighbor's plate. We were there at sundown, and the room transitions nicely from a bit too garish and bright to lovely by subtle lighting (a few more candles and soft spots, as well as a bit more fabric, would increase the romance quotient, which would be a nice touch, given the slightly cavernous quality of the room).
The house manager, phenomenally, remembered us from our earlier visit, and stopped by to say hello. Nice touch!
We'd requested Che, the server from our prior stop, and he was our server. He's just simply one of the best: attentive, friendly, helpful, and knows when you're busy. He appears as if by magic when you need him and fades away when your attention is on your companion or your meal.
The menu had changed slightly, and while I missed the heritage tomato and watermelon salad, all the other offerings were inventive, perfectly prepared, and very welcome.
The cheese plate was a delight, and was shared by both of us. The manchego and brie were good, but not spectacular. However, the bleu offering (Moody Blue smoked blue) was nothing short of a miracle; we've hunted it down locally (Whole Foods) and have used with everything short of oatmeal. It's just that good!
I'm not going through the entire meal, but I must mention the rack of lamb. As an eater, I'm gifted. Okay, I'm a bit of a glutton. There! I admit it. Often, rack of lamb, which I love, makes you sorry you ordered it because the tiny little ribs on the plate make you feel as if you're committed infantacide. Not at Spencer's! The three sets of two ribs each were nothing short of half-way to being beef ribs in size -- large, meaty, and perfectly prepared. When Che asked how I wanted them prepared, and I responded that I wanted them to bleat on the plate, he got it, and they arrived perfectly undercooked. They were herbed, crusted, and perfectly tender. I could not ask for more. (The serving was so generous, I took one of the three racks home, which never, ever happens. I simply couldn't part with it!) And the best thing was the omission: no mint jelly. Thank you, Chef. You allowed me to eat perfect lamb, perfectly prepared and "nekkid", as we say down here.
If you have the opportunity to dine at Spencer's, don't miss it! However, take some precautions: allow plenty of time (you'll want to linger); get a sitter (the food is just too good and too well assembled for young children); bring plenty of cash (or make sure the plastic is limbered up); and try something a bit off your normal menu. I have absolute faith that you'll be completely satisfied. And don't forget to have coffee, which comes in it's own french press and is the perfect end to the meal. Now, sit back and thank yourself for coming here.
While the room could be warmed a bit aesthetically, the service, the food, the wine, and the comfort make this our new "go-to" spot when we want an amazing meal that makes the evening special.

• Visited April 2013