“Lovely birthday treat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spencer's For Steaks & Chops

Spencer's For Steaks & Chops
6001 Destination Parkway, Hilton Orlando, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
+1 407-313-8625
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's For Steaks & Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,039 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: I-Drive and 528 Beachline
Description: Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Orlando redefines the classic steakhouse restaurant with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Featuring USDA prime beef dry aged for 21 to 28 days, hand cut and seared to perfection. Spencer's offers a memorable Orlando dining experience with handcrafted dishes, scratch made cocktails, and a distinctive destination wine list. Knowledgeable servers may also recommend our famous chops, fresh local seafood, and innovative side dishes made with local organic produce. Desserts are made fresh daily embracing the seasons finest flavors. Friendly conversation, timeless martinis and fine wines are featured at The Spencer's Bar. The Orlando bar menu offers a wide variety of our featured items. An evening you will never forget in a destination you will always remember.
Birmingham
“Lovely birthday treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this restaurant as a treat for my birthday after reading good reviews on trip advisor. The restaurant did not disappoint! The food was delicious and the staff attentive. I was made to feel extra special on my birthday by being given free champagne, an amazing dessert together with a box of chocolates when I left. This is certainly not a cheap place to dine but you expect to pay for quality and excellent service. Thank you for a wonderful evening (especially Jacqie and Pedro). Next time we are in Florida we will definitely be visiting again! Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Second time around. Simply flawless.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just to check back in and let you know it's not a fluke.
We went back to Spencer's in the International Drive Hilton, and feared the first time would be one-off. We were wrong. Gloriously wrong!
The room was a bit more full this time, but this was not an issue. Tables are spaced nicely, so you don't feel you're eating off your neighbor's plate. We were there at sundown, and the room transitions nicely from a bit too garish and bright to lovely by subtle lighting (a few more candles and soft spots, as well as a bit more fabric, would increase the romance quotient, which would be a nice touch, given the slightly cavernous quality of the room).
The house manager, phenomenally, remembered us from our earlier visit, and stopped by to say hello. Nice touch!
We'd requested Che, the server from our prior stop, and he was our server. He's just simply one of the best: attentive, friendly, helpful, and knows when you're busy. He appears as if by magic when you need him and fades away when your attention is on your companion or your meal.
The menu had changed slightly, and while I missed the heritage tomato and watermelon salad, all the other offerings were inventive, perfectly prepared, and very welcome.
The cheese plate was a delight, and was shared by both of us. The manchego and brie were good, but not spectacular. However, the bleu offering (Moody Blue smoked blue) was nothing short of a miracle; we've hunted it down locally (Whole Foods) and have used with everything short of oatmeal. It's just that good!
I'm not going through the entire meal, but I must mention the rack of lamb. As an eater, I'm gifted. Okay, I'm a bit of a glutton. There! I admit it. Often, rack of lamb, which I love, makes you sorry you ordered it because the tiny little ribs on the plate make you feel as if you're committed infantacide. Not at Spencer's! The three sets of two ribs each were nothing short of half-way to being beef ribs in size -- large, meaty, and perfectly prepared. When Che asked how I wanted them prepared, and I responded that I wanted them to bleat on the plate, he got it, and they arrived perfectly undercooked. They were herbed, crusted, and perfectly tender. I could not ask for more. (The serving was so generous, I took one of the three racks home, which never, ever happens. I simply couldn't part with it!) And the best thing was the omission: no mint jelly. Thank you, Chef. You allowed me to eat perfect lamb, perfectly prepared and "nekkid", as we say down here.
If you have the opportunity to dine at Spencer's, don't miss it! However, take some precautions: allow plenty of time (you'll want to linger); get a sitter (the food is just too good and too well assembled for young children); bring plenty of cash (or make sure the plastic is limbered up); and try something a bit off your normal menu. I have absolute faith that you'll be completely satisfied. And don't forget to have coffee, which comes in it's own french press and is the perfect end to the meal. Now, sit back and thank yourself for coming here.
While the room could be warmed a bit aesthetically, the service, the food, the wine, and the comfort make this our new "go-to" spot when we want an amazing meal that makes the evening special.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westlake Village, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

As a constant traveler for both both work and pleasure it is always a nice to be pleasantly surprised with the exceptional service and food of a restaurant. I could probably write for 5 minutes on our great experience but instead I will only say if you are in Orlando you should visit Spencer's for Steaks and Chops at the Hilton in Orlando. (I never take the time to write reviews but am making an exception as the experience was that good.)

I am sure that all waitstaff are incredible but I must give special commendation to our server, Scott. He was friendly, professional and was a major factor in ensuring that we had a stellar dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Service was wonderful as was everything about the evening. Server Scott was very helpful and efficient but we were never rushed. Steaks and sides were cooked perfectly! Will definitely be back!

Visited April 2013
Gander, Canada
“A first rate night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We settled on Spenser's based on reviews on tripadvisor, and weren't disappointed. The atmosphere and service were amazing. Che, our server was the epitome of professional, our kids now refer to other servers using the "Che scale"- with none reaching close to full fledged Che status. Pricey night out for us, not something we would do for a weekly dining out, but for a special occasion it was outstanding!!!

Visited April 2013