“Good but so expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good but so expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had fish and chips, it was very good, but I spent $50 for two of us to eat. The butterbeer was too sweet for mee, but it was ok and unique. They don't serve soda in WWoHP, but the lemonade was very good. Its a cool place to eat for the novelty, but I wouldn't do it again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Worst food for breakfast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Upon arrival, we asked if there was a restroom available and was told be an abrupt and rude worker that the only bathroom was blocks away (was actually next door) and we should go now because if you sit without food the manager would kick you out. So I decided to NOT go and order my food first. So you order your food and then go to another line to wait for it. My daughter had the American breakfast, I had the pancakes, and so on and so forth. ..everything was cold...microwaved and plain terrible. Its beyond me how anyone would ever go back. Not worth the money and not worth the wait!

Shelby Township, Michigan
“Food quality was disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

When my husband and I visited Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, we were excited to try lunch at the Three Broomsticks. We each ordered the shepherd's pie and he had the butterbeer. I was severely disappointed in the quality of the food, which was expensive and a little cold. Since the place was slammed, not much could be done. I make this dish a lot at home, so I was walking in knowing it couldn't be as good as home cooked, but the flavor was severely lacking and the potatoes tasted grainy. The butterbeer was too sweet for my husband (words I never thought I would say) but after a few sips, I became addicted.

I may try this one again if only because I just read the Harry Potter books for the first time (after this trip) and am planning another visit to see the world from a fan's eyes. For someone who wasn't caught up in the Harry Potter hype at the time, I would say eat somewhere else.

Visited February 2014
berkeley Hts, nj
“Great Location/Environment, Food was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a reservation for the Three Broomsticks and we ordered before waiting ten minutes to be served. Restaurant is impeccably themed and it really feels like you are in the Harry Potter books. Food was average, similar to the food served in the Leaky Cauldron but slightly better here. Butterbeer was again the highlight of the meal. We ate here as part of our package from AAA and it was altogether a fun dining experience simply for the realistic theming.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, MO
“Quality Food for a not terrible price at Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We ate a late lunch at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmead at Universal Studios Island of Adventure during our stay in early August. While you're not going to find value pricing at any of Universal's restaurants, this one was by far the best we tried for the quality of the food, overall value, and the decor.

We had a minimal wait (5 minutes) to order & pay, then were directed to a numbered spot at a counter to get our salad and drinks. We were given a numbered card to display on our table, as they bring the rest out to you. Despite it being about 3:00 pm, it was still crowded for indoor seating, so we had to wait several more minutes for our table. (There was no wait for outdoor seating, but it was 95 & humid out, so we wanted the air conditioning.)

We got the Family Platter for $50, which comes with a large salad to share, four chicken quarters, four sections of ribs, four ears of corn, and a heaping pile of community vegetables to share. The veggies included carrots, potatoes, broccoli, and peppers. When you add if the drinks we got (2 butterbeers, one soda, and one Hogshead Ale), our total was about $75. We got a 10% discount on everything but alcoholic beverages with our AAA card.

The salad was good and portioned to serve 5-6, not 4. The chicken was tender and juicy, very tasty. The ribs sections were 2 ribs joined. The sauce appeared to have been applied early on and allowed to dry, so it wsan't really messy eating. It was a sweet sauce and good, but not award winning. the ribs were tender and the meat nearly fell of the bones. The corn and veggies were cooked perfectly and were delicious.

The interior of the restaurant is decorated to resembles the inn from the movie and is done well, although we didn't really look around at any of the smaller decorations. The section we sat in was high-ceilinged and airy.

I'm glad we ate there, and would recommend it, especially compared to some of the other restaurants inside the parks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere