I stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for one night following a business conference at another hotel and I'm glad I did; it was the highpoint of the week. This is a good way to experience part of the Animal Kingdom without going to the park. I was in the room for a limited time--just late one night and early in the morning the next day, but I saw lots of animals--giraffes, antelope, zebras, etc. I was worried that the animals were only on the savannah for limited times, but although they do move around from one savannah area to the next so not all animals are visible at all times, there was always something to look at and a nice variety. My photo does not do the hotel justice; animals are closer than they look in my photo (none are visible but I think there are some back in the trees). You don't need binoculars, but bring them if you have them for an even better view. Decor of room and public areas was very interesting, although my room was a little dark.
Be forewarned, I had a late check-in (5:00pm), but that may have been an aberration. (I arrived at noon, bought a ticket to Epcot at a desk in the hotel, and took off, returning in time for dinner.)
I had breakfast at Boma and it was great. It was a buffet with all the typical American breakfast items, but also had some exotic and delicious African foods. The buffet was an excellent way to sample some new dishes without having to pay for a full meal just to get a taste of something you may not like.
Although this resort is primarily intended for families, I found it an enjoyable place to stay as a single on a business trip. Although expensive, I found it worth the cost.
- Also Known As:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is an African lodge-style resort amidst a 43-acre wildlife preserve. The Resort offers authentic African-inspired architecture and the kraal African-village landscape design—a semi-circle design popular in Africa which offers expansive views of the surrounding savanna and its many animal inhabitants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Amex, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.