“Great for wheelchair users!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2901 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #28 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for wheelchair users!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband is paralyzed and we have been to many of the Disney hotels. This one is one of the few actually worth the money!
The rooms were large and the bathroom had a roll in shower, the pool is a zero depth pool so I am able to roll him in and out of it. We had such an amazing relaxing time. Room service was absolutely delicious, quite memorable as we haven't been since they opened!

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Polish first
Biddeford, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge about 4-5 times and each has been absolutely amazing. I've stayed in both Jambo House and Kidani Village and trust me, Jambo House is the way to go. Definitely stay on the Sunset Savannah or Arusha Savannah for the best wildlife viewing. The restaurant, Boma, is delicious and the pool is amazing. Overall, I would say this is easily my personal favorite resort on Disney Property

• Stayed April 2014
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

If you've not stayed here before it's an experience no to be missed, the animals are great the hotel looks as it's in Africa but of course it's not. Lots of good eateries if your a big carnivore. The buses to the parks are frequent, although it could take 30 mins for arriving to walking into MK. The rooms are good ask for savanna view.

As for the normally great customer service, we had phoned in advance and I was told to come over early and they would see about getting the room early, well the did keep me waiting for 4 plus hours in the lobby waiting for one room!

Room Tip: Savanna view, ask before you leave the reception, as changing it afterwards can be a hassle
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Its a fantastic experience living at the lodge. We stayed on the level 2 rooms and had bunk beds for our kids. It was great to watch the animals meandering around the savanna surrounding the lodge. Its the next best experience to actually been in Africa. The restaurant is top notch and a must visit. I would recommend this hotel to families especially those traveling with kids to disney. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

After checking out the disability policy of this hotel, no mention was made of the low level lighting , no mention that if you have a visual impairment this is not the place to stay. The 1st floor ( access to pool and restaurants) is dismally lit. The lobby is ok in the day due to a large window, but of a night it is so dark my son had no chance of finding his way around. I mentioned this at the front desk and was initially offered a brighter light bulb for our room(!). Thereafter I was offered the opportunity to change hotel but this was not possible as we were staying a the hotel with another family.
This was a sad and restricting holiday for our son and for all of us.

The rooms are not large. A woefully small amount of storage, 1 wardrobe with 10 hangers for a family of 4 for a fortnight. 2 drawers in a chest which combines as a TV stand.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Check in nice and easy, room clean and decent size with coffee machine. Savannah view giraffes, cattle, donkeys and antelope and from hall windows water hogs and zebras which makes the resort a really great experience. Swimming pool zero entry with a fun water slide, small kids play area which is good for under 10's. Pool opening hours really long which is great for late night swims after a long day in the park. Food entry hall similar to disney's other properties- try the zebra balls! Cons's the ambience of the place is great however it is dimly lit to reflect this.This is a great hotel to stay at for the animals however it is very expensive for the experience of being close to animals. If staying you need to have a room with a view, it is lovely to sit and watch the animals.

Room Tip: Room with a view to really appreciate the place vs the cost
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bethlehem ,Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I have stayed at The Disney Resorts for the past 5 years. My experience at the resorts : Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, all have been absolutely wonderful. So we decided that this year we would try Animal Kingdom. After reading the reviews I did not hesitate to book my stay which was in June. My family and I were excited to get started on our vacation. Well, upon arrival, I found the lobby, large but dim and dark. Not one person welcomed us. Normally at the Disney resorts you will be greeted with "Welcome Home". Not here! After checking in, we went to our room with a Savannah view. We were in a standard two bedroom. The room was extremely extremely small. The wallpaper and decor was horrible and the furniture looked old. There wasn't anything about that room that said Disney. We had to search the room to find a mickey mouse face or anything that would represent Disney, and finally in the bathroom we found a card with a mickey mouse face. It only gets worse. There were minimal drawers. When I say this room was tiny I am not exaggerating.
We opened our curtains to check out our Savanna view and all we saw was a fence and a couple of animals. NOT PRETTY AT ALL! Nothing spectacular about our view (This was suppose to be one of the best view rooms in the hotel).
We wanted to leave right then and there. My girls were so disappointed, they did not feel like they were at a Disney Resort. It was not bright, and the hostility was horrible.
After taking a walk to Downtown Disney we returned about 10:00p.m. to find that it was worst than we had experienced.
The Lobby was dark, no music in the background, everything was closed! And at the registration desk, we could NOT find one person to help us. So if you want to snack after 9:30 bring a snack with you.
we decided we were not going to stay. The next Morning, we checked out and were able to find accommodations at the Boardwalk which is where we spent the rest of our vacation. One of the best resorts at Disney. We explained how displeased we were with The Animal Kingdom and without hesitation we were given beautiful suite that went beyond our expectations.
I am not sure why people are saying this is one of the best resorts. It truly is not! I would not recommend this hotel. If this is your first visit to Disney Resort- This is NOT the Hotel to start with! Boardwalk, Beach Club and Saratoga Springs are fantastic!
I will return again but definitely never to Animal Kingdom!
I love disney and its customer service, however Animal Kingdom was not representative of the Disney top notch quality!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!