This is our second time staying at the Jambo House at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is enchanting and wonderful to behold. With a savanna view, the world and your view of it completely changes. Watch the beautifully elegant giraffes, the silly Red River Hogs, the strange wildebeasts, and beautiful zebras and more, so much more from the room. The world for it is enchanting -- I cannot think of a better way to describe how much I love this resort.
I've stayed at so many different places on Disney property from Saratoga Springs to Pop culture to Port Orleans to Yacht club and more -- but this - is totally what you would look for if you want a vacation to remember the moment you step through the doorway of your hotel room. Now there are differences with this resort and the others. This resorts has very limited outdoor space to walk and roam. It is really about hanging out at the hotel and watching the animals. The rooms (we are vacation club members) are beautifully appointed. I check every single room I walk into for bed bugs, stripping the bed down to the mattress. I found none. It was clean and whatever we wanted we received.
The lights in the hotel are amber and therefore lower in wattage and brilliance so it is a little getting used to. Pull out bed is uncomfortable, though.
The kids adored the view and the hotel at large. The pools fantastic and fun for the children! The restaurants both at the Jambo house and Kidani village were great. We ate at the Sanaa with a view of animals on the savanna, but ours was obstructed, so request one that isn't. Both our boys didn't like their meals (not very risky when it comes to food) so the waiter had the chef cook whatever they wanted and didn't charge us for the 2nd meals for both boys! What a place! Lovely.
We loved it and will definitely go back for a third stay. Jambo House or Kidani village is where you should stay for your Disney experience - magical!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is an African lodge-style resort amidst a 43-acre wildlife preserve. The Resort offers authentic African-inspired architecture and the kraal African-village landscape design—a semi-circle design popular in Africa which offers expansive views of the surrounding savanna and its many animal inhabitants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida