“Beautiful Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Save Saved
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2901 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #27 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Oxford
“Beautiful Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed at this resort 2 times now. The resort is so beautiful. The rooms are awesome and it is such a great thing to walk out onto your private balcony and see the zebras, gazelles and other African animals walking about below you. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone staying in Orlando and visiting the Disney World parks. Any and all of Disney's resorts in Orlando are extravagant to say the least.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Good about this resort :
Multitude of activities especially Animal activities around the resort are thru actual African savannah Guides who have wide experiences and interesting stories to share. It made me want to take a vacation to Africa once my kids are little older.
Spacious rooms and nice community center for kids ranging from video games to arts and crafts.
Good savannah views.
Nice pool
The Bad about this resort :
Serivice and cleanliness. I know I travelled in summer when they are a little crowded. This is Disney They are suppose to beat it all. Is it not the purpose that Disney charges a Premium ? Pool towels have stains on them. I stayed here for 8 nights and everyday I picked up clean towels I had to through away at least a couple because they were stained. Corridors were often littered with Popcorn, trash which was not cleaned in timley fashion. Restaurant especially Marra was Dirty with Food crumbs on chairs and underneath the Tables. Seems like the cleaning crew only cleans the tables and nothing more. I had even complained the front desk about it but nothing was done.
Distance between the two lodges. they run a shutlle between the two animal resorts. I had taken it once and I must advise everyone against using it. It was the stinkiest and dirtiest shuttle I have ever taken in my life. felt like I was in a different part of world and not in disney.
I know it is a Big resort But the Lobby and the restaurants have lot of outsiders visiting which creates lack of Privacy for the actual Guests.
My only reason for rating this Average was because of the friendly guides that they have and the Community center and nothing more than. if not for them they would have been rated Poor.
Hopefully I hope this review helps you all in choosing this resort and weigh out Pros and Cons.

Room Tip: Rooms in Kidani village have a better view of Savannah than are the rooms in JAmbo house
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

1. The room is clean.
2. The price we pay is not worth it, we had the savannah view and we barely see animals and the room is at the very far back of the hotel.
3. Nothing really excite me in this hotel.
4. The pool is dirty.

Room Tip: If you want to stay here just get the standard room.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here recently for five nights and absolutely loved it! My wife and I loved the fact that the lobby was amazing, the rooms were clean, and transportation to all parks was painless. Our six year old daughter loved the Savannah view, pool, and marshmallow roast at night. After staying at a couple of the spots on the monorail, I'd say none of them have anything on this hotel if you're traveling with family.

Room Tip: Ask for the "Zebra Trail Room".
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The beds are so very comfortable! The shower head one of the best! Pool locker room, fabulous! Staff very nice and accommodating. However, distance to the parks and waiting on the buses, straight-up was like being stuck on a plane, on the runway for hours, waiting to lift off because the runway is shut down due to lightening. Absolutely disliked it! Transportation took far too long. Buses come every 20 minutes, so they say. We waited up to 40 minutes; then driver has to make other stops. You wind up staying at the park all day, morning to night cause you don't want to relive the bus thing over and over. You pay big money for a beautiful room you are never in or can't get back to, to refresh in a timely manner. We were foolish enough to sign on for club level. First night, exciting. Second, third, fourth night, same ole' same ole. No bottled water so you can't even pack a few for park outings. Stay again -- never because of distance to the parks. Hotels on monorail best bets. Even Animal kingdom supposedly is 8 minutes away -- not. Take 8 minutes just to get to the bus stop, then wait on bus, then make other stops once on bus -- painful; especially on your return, when you are wicked tired or really wet from the rain. A plus, never, ever, ever had to wait on an elevator. They were speedy quick, truly amazingly fast!

Room Tip: 4407 close to elevator and had a nice view. The room opposite this one has an obstructed view. The...
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Family of four with two teens stayed here in June. I was very impressed. After paying $450/night to stay (club level), I figured it would be disappointing, but it really was quite nice. The grounds were very clean and all staff (cast members) were very polite and professional, especially in the club level. We secured the club rate for not much more than a regular savannah view room so it was an easy decision for us. Continental breakfast, snacks, desserts, beer, wine, etc. throughout the day gave us a chance to snack frequently without added cost. The pool area was very nice and the restaurants were all very good.

Without a doubt, the best part of our stay was the Sunrise Safari. If you are staying in a club level room, you can do this on Thursdays or Sundays. Very neat experience. Ever seen a giraffe from 2 feet away? It is the Kilimanjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom, but it is private (before the park opens), 75 minutes long (as opposed to the normal 15 minutes), followed by a buffet breakfast in the park that was the most memorable meal I had the entire seven days (guava juice, banana cinnamon French toast, omelets, fruit, etc.). If I ever go again (NEVER again in summer - too hot and way too busy), I will make sure we do this.

If I helped you, please check that the review was helpful. If not, feel free to email with questions.

Room Tip: Savannah rooms are worth the cost. I thought before going that it is just a view of zoo animals, bu...
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Jambo House and it will be out last stay there. We were traveling with 2 teenage girls and requested the bunk-beds, thinking this would be good for the girls. This was our first mistake. The rooms with bunks are extremely small for the price you pay. After arriving late and going straight to bed I didn't inspect the beds, the following morning I find a dirty pair of socks in my daughters bed....from the previous occupant. I normally don't complain, but I felt completely sick thinking my daughter slept in a dirty bed. I talked with the front desk and explained what I found. I did not want to talk with a manager since we were heading to the park for the day, but I requested someone call me or text me once the entire rooms linens were changed. (I left the dirty sock in the trash.) After being at the parks the entire day and not receiving a call from anyone at AKL, I expected to have a note waiting when we returned to the room extremely late that night. But to my surprise, there was no note, no voice-mail, only the dirty sock laying on the floor beside the bed. After the 2nd complaint at the front-desk, we did come back to our room to a small plate of fruit and cheese. I didn't request or want anything from the management, only the normal "Disney" customer service that we have experienced over the past 10 years of visiting the park. I don't know if with the economy they are cutting back on staff or just the house-keeping. I hope this is not new standard for Disney.........because we love the parks, the resort and the quality of service that has always been the standard. We will stay at other resorts in the future, but not Animal Kingdom Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!