Family of four stayed four nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge this March.
One of our family members is a disney cast member so we got a substantial discount on our room. We stayed in a third floor savannah view room for the first two nights and moved to a fourth floor savannah view room the next two nights.
-Nothing beats waking up in the morning and having coffee on your balcony with zebras and giraffes walking around outside your room.The savannha view rooms are the only way to go here!
-Rooms have a coffee maker with coffee and tea-remember budget resorts do not have this luxury which is a luxury if you are a coffee drinker.
-rooms have a small fridge
-Access to magic hours
-Boma has a spectacular dinner buffet
-Mara which is the quick service restaurant on premises serves some unique dishes which are pretty good including african stew and falafel sandwiches.
Mara is open till midnight.
-Internet/wifi is fast
-Buses to and from the parks are generally frequent and waits were minimal
-Bus stop to return to lodge is usually closer to the park than the moderate and budget resort bus stops meaning less of a walk.When we stayed at pop century last year the bus stop was the farthest away and we had to wait forever for the bus.
-Fitness center is very nice and has some free weights,many machines,treadmills,stationary bikes.Towels are available as is a changing room and i believe there is a sauna on site.Access to the gym is 24 hours with your key card which is nice.
-Large swimming pool with a small slide
-pool has a hot tub
-You have access to the Kidani village pool as well which we did not see but lifeguards told us the slide was bigger and faster at Kidani villlage
-Free shuttle runs between Kidani Village and Animal Kingdom lodge-stops running around 11pm
-Many kids activities especially around the pool
-playground on site
-TV in the lobby area showing old classic disney cartoons all night long
- Kids will love the many areas to view the wildlife
-Wildlife can be seen day and the night.Always enjoyed staying up late watching the animals
-Staff in the savannah area keep it clean and never had a problem with any bad smells
-Close to animal kingdom as expected
-Staff allowed us a later check out when we requested it
-Staff is nice and attentive as expected at a disney resort
-This hotel is not cheap and if we did not have a discount would have a hard time justifying the expense
- Farther away from magic kingdom/epcot/hollywood studios
-Savannah view rooms seem to have a view of certain groups of animals as some tend to stick more to a certain area-for example our first two nights we saw more zebras,guineafowl and giraffes from our room then when we switched we saw more gazzelles and the big horned Ankole cattle.The animals do move around so more than likely you will see a variety of animals.The hotel also provides you with a one page field guide to help the kids identify the animals
-Slide is small and slow- better for younger kids
-rooms are pretty basic and small
-bathroom is very very small
-rooms are done in darker colors to go with safari theme so not very colorful this may be a positive or a negative
1.buses coming back from the parks generally stop at kidani village first and then goes to jambo house which is animal kingdom lodge.Be sure you get off at the right stop as the audio that tell you where you are does not always come on.
on our first night we got off at kidani village and because it was late the shuttle was not running and we had to walk to the lodge which is not too far but after a whole day at the parks and it is midnight the walk seemed like it was 10 miles.
2.Try boma at least once-it is probably the best buffet in disneyworld at least for adults.
- Also Known As:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is an African lodge-style resort amidst a 43-acre wildlife preserve. The Resort offers authentic African-inspired architecture and the kraal African-village landscape design—a semi-circle design popular in Africa which offers expansive views of the surrounding savanna and its many animal inhabitants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Amex, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.