“what a trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2901 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #29 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
BIRMINGHAM
“what a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

What an amazing trip!!! firstly how anyone can be disapointed with this hotel or the transportation system just doesnt make sense...... the only fault was the lighting where your wardrobe is a bit poor ..
About disney hotels firstly we never saw a miserable face anywhere. They are incredibly polite and will go well out of there way to help you. The main thing i would recommend is to get a food pass with your ticket trust me you wont use it all .It is lovely and quiet at the lodge just what you need after the hustle and bustle of day at a park . We had a savana room worth the money if you think about where the money is going ie the animals.We could look at the animals in the morning and as the sun sets they tended to drink and eat at these times but were there all day to look at. the weather was great and temp between 82 and 95 with a lovely breeze all day. Good time to go with the school still open. The bus service is incredible.in two weeks the longest we waited was 20 min and this was because someone was sick on the bus otherwise i would say about 5 min . the buses take you straight to any of the parks you dont have to stop at any other hotel except the sister which is just round the corner . The whole of disney is so clean i didnt see any litter the whole trip. the restaurants are lovely and if you see ROSE in the snack service next to the pool she is great at explaining how to use your food card. She was great and very pleasant..the pool is a good size but perhapse a few to many trees if you want to sunbathe. id go to the water parks for that.all in all dont listen to the poor reports on here they really are nit picking you will have a loverly time

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,034)
  • Polish first
Isle of Man
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just spent 4 days here....mainly for my husband to recuperate after major operation. The location is wonderful as is the entrance hall and reception. Luckily, we booked a savannah view room so we had a balcony overlooking a waterhole and we were able to watch the animals grazing as we munched our breakfast (or any other meal had we wished). You would have thought we were in Africa....
Where it falls down is actually the location. We did not have a car so had to eat in the hotel every day and night. My husband is on chemo and so buffet food is not ideal. We ate at their 'signature' restaurant every night and by the 3rd night we had tried most things....they did not change the menu one iota during our stay..not even the soup. Whilst the food looks and tastes delectable, spicy food is not to everyone's taste...my husband can't tolerate it at the moment so he really came unstuck. There was no other choice and no where else to go unless we got a taxi.

The bus service also was not great . They promise a bus every 20 mins but this was not the case and in the end if you had to be somewhere else at a certain time you had to get a taxi.

We came to the conclusion that Disney does not cater to the individual (something they did in the
past) but rather it's about taking your money. They charge high prices for poor service. Sad and disappointing. Best bit was our view from the balcony...

Room Tip: Book a savannah view room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friends and I were celebrating a reunion and were upgraded from a 2 bedroom lock off to a 3 bedroom grand villa due to some broken tile. One word: FABULOUS! The suite had a pool table, full kitchen, huge dinning table, three bedrooms (two with two queens, one with king), and four full bathrooms! View was half savannah, half pool and a little blocked by the treetops that came to height of the fifth-floor. The walk was short in comparison to our room a few years ago in Kidani Village. Bus ride to park was direct and only took 10-15 minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
EAU CLAIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We just spent four nights at Jambo House of Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was one of the best parts of our Disney trip -- as much fun for my animal-loving daughter as the parks! We were on the 2nd floor Room 2571. Right outside our balcony were giraffes, antelope, gazelles, zebras and more. Just 40 feet away! The 2nd floor is the lowest level, so we felt really close to the animals. It was just so amazing to wake up and see the animals walking around, grazing. The whole lodge is gorgeous, with amazing attention to every detail. We even met someone who relocated to the USA from Botswana and he told us that he comes to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and park to keep from feeling homesick for Africa -- Disney really did their research and the results are excellent. Service was fantastic. HIGHLY recommended!!

Room Tip: If you want to feel close to the animals, get a savannah view room on the 2nd floor (lowest level) r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pgh PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We didnt acutally stay here, we had a "free" day and it was a bit chilly to swim at Art of Aimation so we used our day to visit 2 other Disney hotels for a possible future stay. I had always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom but can't afford it (even on a sale!) I must say I was glad I got to visit and although I can't comment on the rooms here is my review of the rest of resort:

Pros: Staff = excellent! Irene from Uganda, especially, what an ASSET to Disney! Such a charming and friendly young woman! They were helpful and better than ART of Animination was.
Food = didnt eat here, but they have (I think) 4 different restaurants, the value places only offer a cafeteria. Lots of varitey & choices.
Pool = looked inviting and fun with a slide, really pretty grounds around the pool and nice hot-tubs.
Playground = really nice, we used, tucked back behind the pool, shaded, check out if you have time/kids!
Clean!!!

CONS = the whole hotel seemed too dark to me. I know it goes with the African theme but I think I like a lighter, airy feel to my resort.
Savannah = we were only there for about 2-3 hours so this may not be fair but I was dissappointed with the savannahs, hardly saw any animals and the one giraffe we saw was sooo far off in the distance. No I idnt expect to see heards of animals right close up, but for the money if I didnt see more, I would feel let-down. Maybe savannah view rooms are different, dont know.
Location - it is the furthest resort from things (expect Animal Kingdom Park) could be good or bad, depending on what you want to see while there.

All in all, glad I got to walk around, visit, take pictures but don't know if I would shell out the big bucks for here??

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Me and my other half travelled to America from the UK in September and stayed for two weeks at Port Orleans before finishing off the holiday with a week here.
This is BY FAR the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I am not one to leave complete positive reviews and will mention anything negative should I need to say it, but I honestly cannot fault it!

We arrived at Jambo House with our heavy bags and were amazed by the sheer size and beauty of the lobby. It was magnificent and had a HUGE glass viewing area I suppose you could call it! We were shown to our room (Top left trail?) quite far down but that was not an issue. We were on the fourth floor I think - two up from the main lobby if that helps. After trying for five minutes to insert my card into the grey box on the door (press it flat against it!!), we entered the room. Before we came I cheekily put in a special request for a savannah view room if they had any available - We were not dissapointed!

The room was beautiful with an authentic African feel to it, dark mahogany colours mixed with sandy yellows. The first thing that grabbed our attention were the three giraffes and zebra's standing outside!!
I have never stayed in a place like it, the novelty of having animals outside your balcony did not wear off at all! The beds were comfy, TV was large enough, bathroom was spotless - I couldn't fault it.

The pool was great, we took complete advantage of the nice warm jacuzzi's, and were invited down by some Americans late on at night to sit in the jacuzzi and have a few drinks with them.

After exploring the hotel and the viewing areas we had tea here. We were on a Dining plan so opted for the buffet which was classed as a table service - the food itself was really nice. The freshly sliced steak and mashed potato were to die for. The chicken was okay and the sauces were nice. The desserts were more of a 'pick your own' mini cake selection.

Overall I found it to be overpriced for a buffet and would not pay the amount asking. Even though the food was really nice, it was still buffet food and costed the same if not more than restaurant food. This was my ONLY gripe.

The staff they had working there worked hard into the night - the chefs all looked busy but friendly, even late on when we ate.
The receptionist that we dealt with at night was still sat there when we came down at 1 the next afternoon, still with a smile on her face.

Even when we came back from one of the parks after a long hot gruelling day, we walked into the lovely cool lobby and the first person we saw was an African (African American?) cleaner mopping the floor. He turned to us with a big beaming smile on his face, and in an almost Morgan Freeman style voice, said "Welcome home". This instantly put a huge grin on my face, as he really did make me feel like I had just come home!
If all the people in the world were like this guy, it would be a happier place.

Anybody that leaves negative reviews about this place are completely crazy and I would hate to be anywhere near these grumpy nit-picking complainers!!

I would not hesitate to stay here again and would love to spend a full holiday here next time!

Room Tip: There is no harm in asking about a free upgrade to a savannah room at reception!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

very nice, very clean, the rooms were a good size, swiming pool was nice and the service was great. I enjoyed seeing the aniamls and to see how well they are maintaine. My kids were amaized to see animal in a resort. overall we were very happy and relaxed..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!