“WOW! This is GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Daytona Beach, Florida
“WOW! This is GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

The BEST hot dogs(Sabretts I think) with nothing or everything on them! I had a Reuben Dog with Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing! Yummy!! My sister had the Chicago Dog with pickles and tomatoes plus. My Mom who's 82 loved it too! The service is wonderfully refreshing with employees who know how to be friendly and helpful. They are conveniently located across the street from the train station. Don't be fooled by the outside appearance! This place is older but clean and wheelchair accessible. They even let my sister know her Amtrak train was running an hour late! That's service!

• Visited April 2012

Grand Island, Florida, USA
“Great red neck Dog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

WOW this place is great. the redneck dog is a must try. it has bbq, bacon(who does not like bacon?), Slaw, and hot sauce. i may have missed a few things. It sounds crazy but it it awesome. I have had many of the dog and sandwiches they offer and all are excellent. They have burgers that and real burgers, and BBQ pork. Everything is clean.
Beware when the train arrives it can get crowded in a hurry!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pekin, Illinois
“Best Hot Dogs We've Ever Had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We were leaving for Orlando on Dec 16 and noticed there was a Groupon Now for the next day at Jazzy Dog - since we like trying local non-chain places and we had to kill some time before we could check into our resort on Dec 17, we decided to eat at the Jazzy Dog.

Small Cafe across from the Amtrak station - very clean inside, perhaps 6-8 tables and several stools at the counter. Had a large selection of about 25 hot dogs with various combinations of toppings. Could also get Brats & Burgers with the same topping combinations. They had other sandwiches such as reubens, pastrami, chicken, etc. as well as a selection of salads on the menu.

Ordered at the counter and was delivered to our table.

Took longer than I expected to get our food but realized they were cooking everything fresh rather than already having the dogs pre-cooked. It was well worth the wait!

I had the California Dreamin' Brat which came with Swiss cheese, bacon, and slices of avocado - this was a bit more adventerous than I usually would have gone for - I actually meant to order the one above it in the menu - the Chicago Dog (mustard, ketchup, green relish, onions, pickle, and peppers) but mis-read the menu.

However, I really enjoyed the Brat as I had ordered it!

My wife had the Triple Cheese Brat which was covered with melted thick cheddar, swiass, and mozarella - she loved it.!

We shared an order of onion rings - these were probably the best onion rings either of us could remembering having (and we are in our 60's!) Thick rings were golden brown, seasoned great, and were not greasy at all. Based on these, I'd expect Jazzy Dog's "greaseless" fries would be excellent as well.

Looked like they were doing a steady business even though it was around 2:30 in the afternoon. Obviously many regulars as well as some folks who were catching a train across the street in a bit.

Great service! Even came around to the table to make sure everthing was good.

If I worked or lived in the local area, this would become one of my favorite lunch spots. Will definitely go back when in Orlando and looking for a change of pace from the tourist joints.

• Visited December 2011
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The food was low priced and oh so good!!! Definitely will be going back soon!!!

elko
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprising GREAT Food by the Orlando Train Station!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is a quaint little cafe by the train station on Orlando. They have a specialty item - non greasy French Fries. They were outstanding! Place is clean and the owner carries his place with pride. If you are at the train station it is in the East side of the train station - across the street. Give it a try!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere