“We recommend this restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,378 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Wiarton, Canada
“We recommend this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have been to this restaurant many times in the past, when we are in Orlando. It is very friendly and the food is excellent. They also have 1/2 price appetizers from 4 to 7pm and after 9 pm. The only warning we would give is don't go on a friday night. It is packed and everyone has kids with them. We have tried other nights with no problems. Their Bloomin Onion Appetizer is sooooo good. Tried both the steak and chicken and they are also very good. The service is quick and with a smile. We highly recommend this restaurant. Linda & Darrell S, Ont Canada

Visited February 2014

“What a Shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Don't understand what the servers problem was today, but she wasn't that friendly today. Greeted us like she was being bothered and continued until just before we finished our meal. Then she tried to turn on the charm knowing we were going to pay. While I liked the new lunch menu and new items, the food was just average at best. The new steak nacho appetizer wasn't of good quality or taste. My creamy onion soup was lukewarm at best. The cheeseburger I ordered was burnt on one side and had way too much mustard on it. Took over ten minutes to get a side of ketchup for my already lukewarm fries. Couldn't get out of there quick enough. Outback used to be of fairly good quality and service. Now, they have tried to appeal to the quick service restaurant clientele and it has showed. Hope they start to see the light, but I don't think so.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“worst Outback location ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've eaten at this particular Outback at least a dozen times. It's normally because someone is in town and wants to go; I have a coupon or none wants to cook at home and it's one of the few restaurant choices in Lake Nona. The one constant in this location is that the service is bad. For a place that's never more than half full it seems that they're always trying to rush you out the door. The entree always seems to come right after the salad is served and is always brought by someone other than your server. It's like they're purposefully trying to see how fast they can get you out the door. The last visit took the cake. The female server, who looked like she rather be doing anything else other than working there at that time, came to me when I was only half done with my entree and asked me if I wanted to see a dessert menu. How would I know as I'm not finished yet. When I said no, giving her an obvious annoyed look, she came back a minute later and dropped the bill on the table and "thanked" me for coming. I was still only 2/3rd of the way through my entree. There was a time when Outback was a special night out for me. Now it's a place to go when there is no other alternative.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Avoind this Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We live close by and we like Outback so we have gone to this location about 5 times so far. But we have had a problem on ever single visit (including take out).

Either the service is terrible or our order is not correct. Although the staff tries to say all the right things to make us feel better, after 5 times we are hearing nothing more than excuses.

Our last visit (on Friday August 30, 2013) was no exception. The pace of our meal was the slowest we have ever had, items came out at the wrong time, and after waiting forever, the wrong items showed up and had to be returned.

Also, we ordered chicken wings which were undercooked. The excuse provided by the manager was that were larger than normal so the cooking time has been off all evening.

Seriously?????

Overall, the service at this store is inconsistent at best, which is a direct reflection on the quality of training. Maybe this store does not think quality training is important either.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berkshire UK
“Service Charge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have been visiting the USA twice yearly for the past 25 years. This year was our first experience at Outback. We were a party of 5 adults and one child. Whilst the food was very good, we received the bill which had a suggested gratuity printed on it. My husband erased it and replaced it with a different amount reflective on the service we had received. Upon return to the UK and checking our slips against our credit card statement, we found to our horror that the incorrect amount had been taken from our account regardless of our having replaced the figure and not being advised by the server. This is the first time this has ever happened in all our times in the USA and we are horrified and disgusted. Never again will we ever recommend or visit another Outback. My advice to all is 'Pay with cash'

Visited July 2013