“St Cloud location is inferior to most” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Saint Cloud, Florida
“St Cloud location is inferior to most”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

They can't cook a steak the way you want it. It's hit or miss. Seems more like a drinking establishment than than a steakhouse. Staff is abrupt - bordering rude and the manager was no where in sight overseeing what was going on.
Try another location. They are not all as bad as this one. Sad since I live in St Cloud and would love to see all of the restaurants succeed.

Visited July 2013

56% Recommend
“Fabulous service! Charlita is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm in the hospitality industry and I love to rave about great service when I get it, and let me tell you Charlita is one of the best servers I have ever had! She's served myself and my family a number of times, but this last time I have to say she went above and beyond! First of all, she is extremely attentive. Anything you need, she gets it and has it done right away. She is extremely personable. She knows how to make you feel like you're family. Here is one example of how much she has made an impact on my family. Last week we mentioned to her that my 5 year old niece was graduating pre-school and that we were considering coming to Outback to celebrate. She insisted we come back and see her and that she would make sure that the dinner would be memorable. We came in and asked for her section as usual, and of course the hostess already knew who we were and that Charlita was expecting us. (That was already a huge plus). After an amazing dinner along with impeccable service, Charlita had went out of her way to bring my niece Aliena a graduation bag filled with books for her to practice her reading and writing. WOW! I can't express the appreciation that my family and I have for this girl. She really is the main reason we come back to Outback as often as we do. I want it to be known that she is truly appreciated and that she gets the recognition that she deserves! So of course, we will be there next week asking for Charlita! If you want over the top service, then you know who to ask for! I also don't want to forget to mention the amazing management and staff that help make our experiences great! Thank you for running a wonderful establishment!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner and it was very busy. We had eight in our party but we were seated very quickly. Two members have to have gluten free food. Our server was Paul and he took care of the gluten free needs. We all had delightful service and it was an enjoyable meal. Everything was delicious. Paul was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good food, super nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

From the moment we were greeted and seated, our expectations were exceeded!

Our server Samantha was absolutely AWESOME! Very friendly and very conscientious. My friend is dairy allergic which means she can't have any foods containing milk, cheese, butter--you know, dairy. Samantha was right on it and made sure the kitchen staff knew. Someone brought out my friend's salad and the honey mustard dressing was on it even though Samantha specified on the side (minor ding for the kitchen). My friend decided to wait because Samantha had already gone to check on the dressing just to be on the safe side. She came out about a minute after the salad and said it had buttermilk in it. She offered up some other choices and my friend was very happy. Her steak came out a little over done (okay, another minor ding for the kitchen). Even before Justin set it down in front of her, he announced the fact and said they were already preparing another steak for her. It was indeed overdone, so he took it away. He was super nice, too. Lisa came out with the new steak shortly after and made sure it was done to my friend's liking. The food was great. I had the babyback ribs. We're talking fall off the bone darn good ribs. We split our meats since neither of us could decide between steak or ribs. The steak wasn't as seasoned as I like, but we got the Wood Grill with light seasoning because we were afraid Classic would be too salty. (I brought my half home and added some A-1 Thick N Hearty--perfect!) My broccoli was perfectly steamed. I prefer it with no seasoning since some people tend to overdo the pepper and they got it right. I was happy to get another glass of tea before my existing one was empty. Samantha even wrapped up some bread for me to bring home.

I'm not a huge OS fan (previous experiences with salty prime rib), but I definitely recommend this place and would go back. I could not believe how nice everybody was. And it was genuine. They looked like a group of people who really enjoyed what they did. At the end of our meal, the manager came over to see how things went and we raved about Samantha and the rest of the staff. Samantha was especially nice and conversational. We like that in our servers and tend to tip better when they make the effort to treat you like a neighbor and not a nuisance.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“The decor is better than the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

OUTBACK

It had been a while since I’ve gone to an Outback. It used to be one of my favorite places to go eat while I lived in Connecticut but since I’ve come back (many years ago) to Florida, I’ve only visited one on Kirkman Ave.

I know there’s another one in Sandlake near the Florida Mall, but I wouldn’t be caught dead eating there. It should be a strong candidate for the ugliest Outback, to the point that I think it is actually closed and the cars parked there are only props or people that really want to walk to the mall (darn athletes). If I were a kangaroo, my only business to conduct there would be, well, nature’s business.

But I digress. I spied a nicer-lookin’ Outback in Lake Nona on my way to the eye doctor (I was seeing fine at the time smart-aleck!) and I decided to give it a try this weekend.

Aesthetically, it is quite dark but very pretty inside. It has like a fake Australian landscape panorama behind a glass, facing a tree-like windmill that rises all the way to the roof. I didn’t see any boomerangs on the wall either, which seems to be the cheap way to bring an Aussie theme to any place (didgeridoos are far more interesting even if they don’t come back to you after throwing them at a dingo).

Service was very attentive and friendly. No complaints there.

My girlfriend wanted to customize her order based on the steak entrée (it is a menu option, not ‘cause she’s an annoying customer) and I followed suit. She ordered a French onion soup (extra charge) which she claims to be the best of its type around (I don’t care for onion soup). I had a clam chowder and it was pretty good. She had a 6 oz Outback Special steak, medium-well, seasoned, and I ordered the same thing but with three extra ounces (I have big bones). Her steak was far pinker than mine, but she doesn’t care much for steak-cooking accuracy unless it’s a raw slab or a coal rock. They were good, but the pepper-based seasoning was a bit over-powering. I don’t mind pepper unless it punches my tongue repeatedly to make itself known, and in this case, pepper was an obstacle to my full enjoyment of the dead cow piece. We both had garlic-mashed potatoes and she liked them more than I did. Not bad, but I think I’ve had better mashed potatoes elsewhere.

We also imbibed a couple of sangrias, one being strawberry-based and the other one blackberry-inspired (flavored like blackberry, not the actual fruit). I liked the strawberry one better but they were both enjoyable. I still prefer Café Tu Tu Tango’s sangrias but at least I didn’t regret the extra moolah on grown-up drinks.

Overall, it was an enjoyable weekend lunch, but for steaks I’d rather go to Longhorn’s at this point. I also liked Outback a lot more when they had swordfish on the menu, but I guess there’s an armistice on weaponized fish. However, Outback remains a good place to go to, if only for some decent entrees and the always-tasty-but-obviously-not-good-for-your-body Bloomin’ Onions appetizer.

Crikey! (Sorry, I had to.)

• Visited January 2013