“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited CoCo Key Water Resort when I had relatives in town with two small children. It was a day well spent and we had a blast. The lines were short and it was possible to let the children go on the rides while easily watching from the bottom. I would definitely recommend this park to families, especially with young children. There was also an arcade with a wide assortment of games. The service was great, all the employees were really friendly. Great fun for the price paid!

Visited March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome Experience!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I must say that COCO KEY Waterpark was a great experience for me!!! I highly recommend this place to locals and travelers. The water park is great and provides hours and hours of entertainment for the entire family. I took my summer camp kids and we participated in the world's largest swimming lesson. This was such a neat experience for the children. The life guards were very attentive, patient, friendly and entertaining during lesson. The staff was the best 5 star rating and a special thanks to Lou Repassy and Lindsay Crum for your hospitality and generosity. You all went over and beyond. The kids were upset when it was time to leave and were begging to come back. We will definitely be back!!!! Thanks COCO KEY for an AWESOME Time!!!!!!

Orlando
“Money well spent for a day of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were able to get in for $15 each with the promo code DADS (good through the end of June). I felt like the park was well worth $15 for our half day adventure. There are a lot of water park options in orlando but we've seen them all and don't like breaking the bank for a little water fun. There were 7 in our group and everyone had a good time, from the 18 month old to the 40 year old. I like that everything is compactly together so i feel I can let my kids wander a bit but I'm still able to keep an eye on them. I love that the toddler area is all shaded! There were times in our day where one of the three main areas would get crowded because another was shut down for one reason or another. If Coco Key wanted to exceed my expectations they would need to get 2 issues taken care of:
1. Cleanliness - all in all I didn't feel like the park was overly messy, but since they allow you to have food by the pool there were soggy ripped up napkins all over the pool deck that no one on staff cared to do anything about. You'd think that over the course of the 4 hours we were there they would have someone sweep the area and pick up trash. They don't.
2. Their main attraction is the Boomarango which is a lot of fun. However when we were there they had only 4 working tubes for it. Which means people were standing in line waiting for tubes unnecessarily. The line could have moved quickly if they had more tubes. There were three half deflated tubes by the life guards and no one was getting them blown up. Frustrating.

Visited June 2013
Viera, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Great day outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Got this on a Living Social deal. We live about an hour from this place and have three children (6, 4 and 2). this park is perfect for younger children like ours as well as older. There is a good variety of slides for different age groups. The life guards and staff seemed to be very conscious and aware which is of course a good thing with kids and water. The facility was clean and lunch/ dining options good. I am not sure I would want to pay full price for admission but I was more than happy with the deal we got! We had a great day!

Charlotte, North Carolina
33 attraction reviews
“A fun way to spend a couple of hours.... Though call ahead....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I tried to book the daypark tickets online but the website was not functioning properly. When I called I got a helpful young man who told me that buying tickets at the gate would not be a problem as the hotel was only at 50 percent.

We had a hard time finding the entrance to the park once on premises, the front desk staff sent us to the back of the building. The actual entrance is about halfway down the building, though there is not a sign indicating where to enter.

The price for spring admission was not bad... $17.95 each. (In June it goes up to $24.95) The lifeguards were very vigilant and the restrooms were relatively clean.

Inside, or under the covered area is a baby/toddler area. There is not much for the little ones to do however, though they have life jackets, the slides don't allow for parents to go down with young kids and if sent alone, they tend to fall backward and hit their heads. (According to both one of the lifeguards and from me watching another family go through this.) This part of the park has little sprayers and a mushroom waterfall. There should be little sprayers or bubblers for young ones to sit and play with, softer running wAter etc.

The outside slides and climbing structures are good for older kids 48" plus and adults. There are some that use tubes and one that uses double tubes. My "big kid" enjoyed these though because of the temperature of the water, we only stayed about an hour.

The pool heaters apparently do not always work, so for that reason I would call ahead. It was 80 plus outside but the water temp was under 60. It was like ice... Far too cold to enjoy playing even if constantly moving.

They DO have towels there you can use, though the website says they do not. There are changing facilities on site. You can bring your own food and drinks in. There is an arcade and a bar for drinks as well. A good way to spend a few hours IF the heater is working....

We did not stay at this "resort".... (?) So I cannot rate the rooms etc.