“Pricey for what it is” 3 of 5 stars

Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cap'n Jack's Restaurant offers seafood and American cuisine in a casual waterfront setting at Downtown Disney Marketplace. Dine on chef's specialties for lunch or dinner, while enjoying friendly service and a panoramic view of Buena Vista Lagoon.Favorite dishes include seafood pasta, clam chowder, and crab cakes, as well as a variety of chicken and beef entrees. Indulge in the restaurant's lounge's signature strawberry margaritas.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Pricey for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was an average meal. The service was great and so was the atmosphere, but the food was so-so. My daughter's kid's meal was quite good, though (although a little steep for $8.95) and we all enjoyed the spinach and artichoke dip. The crab cakes weren't that good, though. They were dry and the sauce was too spicy. Also, the steamer was apparently broken so my mother only got shrimp with her scampi dish. For what it was, an average meal, it was a little expensive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Awful service and poor food choices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My daughter and I went here to meet with friends who were in town doing Disney. We'd never been before so I was excited to try something new. The staff that greeted us was great, but our service was just horrible. It took awhile for the server to even greet the table and that was just to say she'd been with in a bit. She wasn't friendly AT ALL. She seemed really annoyed with our questions, she didn't offer to tell us the specials till we asked, and was just overall rude. It's a seafood restaurant and there are NO seafood choices on the kids menu. The kids menu selection is very limited. It was expensive and I was required to tip 18% because there were 6 in our party - a tip she clearly didn't earn. We will never go back here!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stanhope, New Jersey
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place doesn't look like anything fancy, and it really isn't. The wait isn't very long and it's not huge. It's slightly dated and my hopes of a decent meal were fading quickly once I got inside. The menu was pretty basic and we had some order pasta, some seafood, and I got the pot roast. I've got to say that the food was really good! My wife got the mussels and shrimp with pasta, and said it was her best meal in Disney. Mine was delicious, and the pasta easters were very happy as well. Price wasn't great, but wasn't bad. The view of the lake is pretty good as well.

Don't be scared by the appearance, its worth it for a good meal without a long wait!

Visited May 2013
Naples, Florida
“Not bad but not great either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place wasn't bad but also wasn't great. In reality, it was just another fish house. As far as resort food goes, I would say it was on the higher side of Average in Downtown Disney. Two of us had the crab cakes which were kind of bready. Two ordered the scampi and the pasta was just a bit overdone. The chocolate cake, however, was very good. Our waitress was excellent. I will giver her that. She tried very, very hard with all of her tables. Given where you are at, the prices are fair, but I'd probably eat off of the Downtown Disney grounds next time. This place isn't worth fighting the crowds but would be good if you could walk right in.

Visited May 2013
Bermuda
“Better off elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had expected a better experience for Downtown Disney. We made a last minute reservation through the concierge at our hotel for 4 adults and 1 child. The concierge advised that there were no reservations available for 5 but would book a table for 4 and they would have no problem accommodating us. Well, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Our reservation was early (4:30) and we arrived a few minutes early to an empty restaurant. When we explained that we were actually a party of 5, you would have thought we asked them to accommodate 50. The hostess and server got huffy with us and we were seated near the kitchen in a practically empty restaurant - I guess that was our punishment. The menu offers nothing special and what they do offer is not done well. I would not go back and would recommend a Quick Service dinner or fast food before this place. Definitely, the worst dining experience of the trip.

• Visited June 2012