“Great Staff, Frustrating Room Keys” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Allure Resort International Drive Orlando

Save Saved
You added Allure Resort International Drive Orlando to your Saves list
Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8444 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Orlando)   |
Ranked #229 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Staff, Frustrating Room Keys”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We came with a group of athletes for a leadership camp because it was next to the YMCA Aquatic Center. The location is convenient - in the middle of International Drive and close to several restaurants, not too far from Sea World and Universal Studios. The staff was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. The biggest frustration was that several of us had daily room key issues. The staff happily helped but it was a big pain. Hopefully in the renovation they will fix that problem. The concierge was overly helpful and somewhat pushy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. On behalf of our team at Allure Resort International Drive we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel regarding the key issues. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that we can exceed our guest expectations

843 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

While the room was cheap ($50 on Priceline) there was an additional service fee of $10 for the "free" parking, and "free" internet, and "free" use of the YMCA. The room was large and clean however I turned the fridge on and placed my breakfast for the next day and snacks inside but wasn't hearing much noise, I pulled the fridge out and tugged on the cord to try and ensure it was plugged in since I couldn't get behind the stand and it was tight so I assumed it was quiet and went to bed. In the morning the fridge was still warm. I called the front desk and found that the fridge was unplugged and under the stand, so to get to the plug in I had to move the stand containing the fridge, the TV, and the microwave and plug it in. The risk of injury and damage associated with moving that stand seems to be an unreasonable expectation of your guests. I attempted to contact the manager twice, leaving a message the 2nd time, asking him to call me to rectify the situation but I never heard from him. Based on the responsiveness of management I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of our team at Allure Resort International Drive we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that we can exceed our guest expectations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I found this hotel on Hotwire/Hotels.com. The price was good $60 + taxes for a place to stay after attending an early evening party. The description of the hotel described both indoor and outdoor pools and sleep number beds. I requested 2 double beds for 2 kids and 2 adults. When I checked in at 3pm I asked what time the indoor pool closed and was told 5:30pm. The girls wanted to swim after the party and this wouldn't work The pools apparently are part of the YMCA complex next door. I was told they could spend time in the game room, i.e. spend money. We went up to the room and found not 2 double beds as requested but a king and a sofa. I tried using the phone to call the desk and none of the buttons with icons worked. I then went to the hall and found a staff member who implied I didn't understand how to use the phone. He couldn't get it to work unless dialing 0. We finally got our 2 double beds after being told that someone had coded the reservation incorrectly. The final straw was getting to the room and only 2 sets of towels for 4 people. Very disappointing first impression. I need to be in Orlando for several more family functions in the coming months. This will be the hotel that I DON'T rebook! And the sleep number bed squeaked every time someone turned over.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Lakewood Ranch, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed one night in November 2013. 4/5 stars for the price I paid ($61 after taxes and $10 resort fee using priceline). Was just a place to lay our heads after a day at the parks. If I paid much more, this review would be a 3/5 stars. Pros: large clean rooms/bathrooms, large outdoor pool. Cons: parts of pool area a little run down looking, not a "fancy", modern-looking hotel. (I wonder what qualifies to be called a "Resort"?). Jacuzzi and tikibar closed/not working. Breakfast buffet was sub-par, but kids eat free.

Overall, the price is right for a clean, spacious room but maybe not a great spot if you are planning on spending a lot of time at and hanging out at the pool.

Room Tip: Choose high floors and ask for away from I-4 to reduce noise levels
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Mustang, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

It wasn't bad for the price, it was no resort but it was nice. It did take the clerk forever to check us in, something due to hotwire, but they resolved it and we had a room. The sleep number bed was nice too and the location of the "resort" was really good too. I would stay again!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Allure Resort we appreciate your business.
Greenfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed for only 1 night. Cheap rates but you will get what you pay for. This is not what I would call a resort. It is a HOTEL with very basic amenities. Resorts usually offer much more on top of that. This hotel has apparently changed hands recently. It used to be the Radisson. No sign out front, but no problem finding it with our GPS. Convenient location.

Rooms need updating. A little grout mold in the shower. Insufficient toilet paper. No hair dryer. Business Center Computers were so slow I could not successfully print our boarding passes for our flight the next day. No paper in the printer anyway...when I went to the front desk to inform them of this, they handed me the paper. I filled the tray for them. Wireless internet connection in the room was very poor. Signal was interrupted endlessly. Sleep number bed in our room. I am not familiar with how these are really supposed to work, but we had a difficult time adjusting them according to the directions given to us. Bed frame also made a lot of noise. Not sure what the hotel checkout process was supposed to be. I like simple and fast...when they slip the bill under your door and you can simply leave your keys in the room. Although we were never informed of what the check-out process should be, and the final bill never made it under to door, we took it upon ourselves to leave the keys in the room since they claim "Express check-in/check-out service."

Whenever we were in the hallway it sounded like someone was vacuuming. Turns out this was the air conditioning unit.

Considering all of the above and with all the hotel options available in Orlando, we have no reason to consider staying at the Allure "Resort" on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here for a week and had a great time, rooms were nice and clean and really big. The staff were nice and friendly. Location was great.
The shuttle bus left too late for us which kind of sucked and other than that it was awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your business.

Been to Allure Resort International Drive Orlando? Share your experiences!