“Had a great time and good seafood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Fin Seafood Kitchen

Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
8046 West Sand Lake Road, in the Dellagio Town Center, Orlando, FL 32819 (Doctor Phillips)
407-615-8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #431 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Della Drive
Description: Big Fin was named Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Global Fresh Seafood, Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. The extensive menu features specialty items such as Whole Maine Lobster, Stone Crab, Blue Crab Crusted Grouper, Sushi, Filet Mignon, King Crab, Scallops, SwordFish, Shrimp, Clams, Mussels, New York Strip Steak, Calamari, Crab Cakes, Salad, Vegetarian options, Lobster Mac-n-Cheese, Raw & Grilled Oysters and more - Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!
Cocoa, FL
“Had a great time and good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were told by a friend that we may want to try another place in Orlando that was more "happening" than this place. He was wrong. We all thought this place had a good atmosphere for friends to hang out and enjoy a good dinner. We had the Stone Crab Claws and they were amazing. We also had the King Crab Claws and they were also great. We tried some Oysters from all over and they went from good to excellent. There were a couple of duds on the menu. The sushi was heavy on the rice and quality of the actual fish was just ok. The oysters baked with butter and parmesan and also with bacon and jalapeno were a big disappointment. It was obvious the quality of those oysters was far off from the ones that were served raw. I have had many of the baked ones in New Orleans and they are amazing. It was disappointing but they removed them from our bill when we sent them back. The service was very good. We had two servers and they didn't miss a beat and seemed to be genuinely concerned that we had a good dining experience. The wine list is fairly extensive. Sometimes you get to a place like this and they don't pay much attention to the wine. Usually just have a couple bottles of each varietal just to say that have it. I would definitely go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Turns out I do not like lobster!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went here after a recommendation inside the brit guide. All staff throughout the night were very helpful and friendly and the fact most of my main was left untouched was simply because I never tried lobster before and despite me not being a fussy eater, thought it was disgusting (to the relief of my husband who was worried I might develop an expensive taste)

The scallops starter were really nice. I saw someone else comment on there only being 3 scallops on here but it is a starter and the rice and beans do actually fill you up quite a bit.
I did not like the seasoning on the new potatoes which was very salty and would never have added it myself. The ooey gooey cake made up for it though.

The place isn't cheap though. Despite the Lobster being on offer on Monday's, we did end up spending more than $100 for the 2 of us.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Celebration, Florida
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was fantastic and our server, Mike was very attentive & accommodating. The special, which Mike recommended, was amazing. We will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“overrated and over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

As submitted , I would not recommend this restaurant expensive and overrated . I found it impersonal and staff bullish.

Visited September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Over rated and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hi
I read Tripadvisor for good restaurants in Orlando when we visited this September.
The reviews for "Bigfin" were good so off we went.
I found the restaurant to be big and impersonal .
The waiter was very helpful , friendly and knowledgeable
I ordered Scallops followed by a new York steak (as recommended by the waiter)
The three...!! scallops were bedded on a mess of rice black beans and sweet corn (awful) and the tough tasteless steak was inedible and was sent back.
Their idea of vegetables accompanying were green beans...???
I complained and as a replacement a Fillet steak arrived and on arrival it was, ok
We spent a few dollars there but the food alone ( just 2 of us ) cost us $145.
In my opinion this was an overpriced over rated experience and I would suggest you give it a miss.
This is my personal opinion on a visit to Bigfin, , but my girlfriend was also unimpressed

• Visited September 2013