“Delightful Evening” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,120 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: The SWAN and DOLPHIN resorts are not Disney properties, but are in DisneyWorld. Both have excellent restaurants and are included in the Disney transportation routes.
Somerset, New Jersey
“Delightful Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm glad I didn't read some of these reviews because I probably would have cancelled what turned out to be a wonderful evening with Minnie, Goofy and my family.

I understand that we got lucky with Minnie; it was one of her rare appearances at GG. But the intimate space and setup allow the characters to spend ample time with each child, not just a sign-and-pose like the more popular and better attended character dining experiences. Minnie got on the ground with my 2 year old and spent at least 5 minutes with her (over the span of 2 appearances). It was truly Disney magic.

The food was average; it was Mediterranean night and we had a delightful basil sangria. Our waiter was delightful and the buffet was replenished regularly. My husband and I are foodies and found it acceptable - but honestly, after looking at my child's face they could have served me pb&j and I would've found it delicious.

We DID have to pay for parking; but coming from the NYC area, this is a no-brainer for us. I didn't even think to question it until I read these reviews! The staff at the restaurant and hotel weren't Disney-fied, but they were perfectly professional and helpful on the evening that we visited.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice place for a quick bite to eat. Nice selection for lunch, quick service, good food. Creme Brulee is awesome, attentive wait staff.

Visited March 2013
ct
“Great buffet, reasonably priced for Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The only complaint was the wait. There were several empty tables and they still made everyone wait. Obviously, they were understaffed but, with a buffet, it seems like they could have filled the tables and made do with the staffing that they had.

Visited February 2013
barnstable
“horrible scallops and prime rib nothing but fat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

went to seafood buffet which is served on Fridays (had been there and enjoyed meal last summer )
food has gone WAY down hill - last time we were ther (summer 2012) we really enjoyed the meal - this time it was AWFUL scallops were inedible, prime ribs was 90% fat, crab leg meat was stuck to the shells - the half lobster was the only thing that tasted decent.- Service was slow - had to search for waiter to get anything - WE WILL NOT RETURN!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A fun dinner for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Goofy and Pluto were great dinner companions for a birthday dinner. Food was god for a buffet - unfortunate restaurant was so quiet

Visited February 2013