“Bustling, busy, downtown fish joint” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bristow, Virginia
“Bustling, busy, downtown fish joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Really satisfying meal! I had the lobster roll, which they claim is the best in Orlando (or at least voted the best). The lobster came piled high, lightly covered in mayo, on a perfectly toasted and buttered lobster roll. The whole thing was perched on a pile of golden french fries. My dinner companions each had a fish dish - one had tilapia and the other had Mahi Mahi. Their plates came with a bright succotash and two large potatoes. The dining here isn't fancy, but the food is quite good, the service is friendly and fast, and the atmosphere is casual. It can get quite noisy inside, so this might not be the best place for a romantic dinner. Patio seating is plentiful, and I imagine fills up pretty quickly in the summer.

• Visited March 2013

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Not quite up to par...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We're in town looking for cold water oysters, and our search led us to cityfish.

About a 10 minute walk from our hotel, near Lake Eola - beautiful walk to get there and a cool vibe.

We decided to eat on the patio to people watch, and ordered oysters and appetizers. Our waitress was great! We had a few special requests and they did a great job of honoring them.

The appetizers ordered were the crab/artichoke cheese dip with tortilla chips and the jalapeño hush puppies with the key lime dipping sauce. Both were very good, but nothing special.

Since we went for oysters, we had high hopes. Unfortunately, the oysters, blue points, just didn't seem to be as fresh as we are used to having, and we eat a lot of blue point oysters. So that's the reason for the average rating.

It could have just been a bad night for oysters

Orlando, Florida
“nice atmosphere...and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed raw oysters and a few seafood dishes that were cooked to perfection.Our waitress was friendly and attentive as well.Will go back as often as possible.

• Visited February 2013
BirminghamAL
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was back in Orlando for another business trip and this has been and will remain, in my opinion, one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever visited. Two of us went there one evening. As usual, they were busy but we were seated almost immediately. Although it was January, the weather was warm enough that we could eat outside. Our waitress was extremely attentive and knew the menu -- that always helps. Their Chef made continual rounds to personally assure that everything was fixed just as each customer wanted. You could tell that he truly appreciated our business.

They had the 50 cent oysters and I had a dozen steamed to share at my table. They were done promptly and this time had three different sauces to go with them (a house sauce, horseradish, and an excellent cocktail sauce). Even though they were huge, I wish I had ordered more.

I had the scallops and my colleague had the rainbow trout. Both were done to perfection. The scallops had were broiled in a dish with bread crumbs on the top and a light butter sauce. The two red potatoes were boiled. The chef said he had just changed the succotash recipe and I tried it. It had a blend of limas, corn, and fried okra. Excellent. The Rainbow trout came with a choice of seasonings. I don't remember what my colleague chose but it was very good. The chef's new recipe for hush puppies were even better than before, if that is possible.

They no longer have a key lime pie, but instead have a dessert made out of Key Lime Pie ice cream. It was enough for two and we loved every bite.

It is a neighborhood restaurant, so the prices aren't as expensive as the tourist trap resturants. However, they are a bit more expensive than the "chains" because all of their fish is fresh. The menu of fish changes daily according to the "catch of the day."

For me, this is a "must" place for me to eat every time I come to Orlando for a business meeting, and it still is.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service and Yummy Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

In Downtown Orlando you can get stuffy and overpriced or mediocre and boring - This was neither. Casual cute atmosphere laid back service ( they did not blink twice that we brought an 11 year boy) and great food. Several of us ordered the snow crab - my son icluded they came with perfectly cooked hush puppies and this wonderful warm sucatash with bacon and fried oysters PLUS red bliss potatoes! My husband and father order pastat dishes that were creamy and pleasantly full of seafood. We all enjoyed our dining experience and will go back again. Well done!

• Visited January 2013