“Unique and Cozy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Douglas, Massachusetts
“Unique and Cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food was great! We had the Spicy Durban Chicken and the Grilled New York Steak, with Five Grain Pilaf. We also had The Dessert Trio which was Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse, Coconut Cheesecake and Chai Cream. It was amazing and the garnishes were edible,a chocolate spoon and butterfly. The atmosphere was inviting- our reservation was at 5pm and the animals were out and about, so it was cool to be sitting at our table and be able to watch them roam around through the huge windows they have. This place is a little confusing to find if your not paying attention. Take an Animal Kingdom Bus and take it to Kidani Village Resort @ Animal Kingdom- which is where it is actually located.Once inside the lobby take the huge staircase down and follow the signs. The staff was fabulous and helpful with explaining the menu to us. Pricey, but worth it on the dining plan. As always a kids menu is available~ We will definitely eat here again when we return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Disney is amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The interior design is spectacular, amazing and magical! I would expect nothing less from disney. The staff was super nice. I wish everyone was as nice as disney staff. The food was good but I am a picky eater so it is very hard to make me completely satisfied. Basically in order to gwt 5 stars. .it has to taste like brownies but have ZERO calories. Cant wait to go back. :)

Visited August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have always lamented the fact that Epcot is devoid of Indian food (it's a tragedy that there isn't an Indian pavilion). That's why Sanaa caught my eye-it was noted as African/Indian, so while we were staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge this last January, we decided to try it out. I am a devotee of good Indian food (and there is a dearth of it where I currently reside), so I was incredibly happy with the flavor and quality of this lovely establishment. The atmosphere is amazing, as many others have mentioned, but since we had been staying at AK all week it wasn't as awe-inspiring as it probably should have been. But the food-the butter chicken curry was simply amazing, as were the tandoori chicken and naan. I generally get a butter chicken/tikka masala dish wherever I go for India as a measure against other restaurants, and this was easily my top 1/2 of all time. Do not miss this wonderful place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NOTTINGHAM
“LOVELY MEAL - TERRIBLE SERVICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We booked Sanna due to the reviews on Tripadvisor.

This is located at the Kidani Village not Jumbo House where Boma and Jiko are situated.

As you go down the stairs there is access outside to a viewing area on the savannah. There are a few rocking chairs and benches along with a huge rock fire pit. A reserve warden is on hand to answer any questions and the animals pass close by.

We requested a window table and just grabbed the last bit of daylight, if you wish to see the animals book before 7pm.

We choose the naan breads and 9 dips to start, they were lovely but not named so it's kind of a trial and error, but you can see the lime pickle one!

For mains I had the Lamb shank and my wife had the spicy chicken and shrimps. To be fair both were really nice, full of flavour, and we could have had another helping.

We both had the trio of desserts as we couldn't decide.

Then the experience took a turn for the worst.

As we were on the Disney Dining Plan (which I would recommend to everyone as a must do) we were given a receipt, engaging with our 2 girls I forgot to sign it. Then Zack the waiter came out and picked it up looked at it and scowled then walked off. He returned with the second receipt (why they do this is beyond me) and I knew I had to pay extra for the starter at $10.99, so I placed a $20 bill in the book and sign on the dotted line, he said "Is that for me?" I replied "It's for the starter, but you can have the change", which we thought was fair.
He shook his head and walked off.

We were both disgusted and shocked at his attitude.

As we walked away from the table he returned to clean it and scowled at us again. I nearly asked for my change but with small tired girls we just left.

The attitude of servers at Disney is so in your face for tips they expect 15% of your total bill which can get very expensive.
If you don't tip they do turn on you so be warned, we leave £1-2 pound per person here in England, but they rely on tips which is totally unfair to diners as they don't all go above and beyond which is why you get a tip.

This spoilt this visit but the food and view were superb.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cardiff
“Not to be missed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We found Sanna easy enough to find in Kidani Village, Animal Kingdom Lodge. We just used the Disney Bus System as we were staying in Saratoga Springs. We would recommend this place. Where else can you eat your dinner as Giraffe's, Zebra's and Ostrich stroll past your window. In fact before your meal you can sit on the veranda with a drink and watch the animals go by. We also like the Arcade area for our son to play in.
The food is Indian/African (I think). If your from the UK and love your Indian food then don't expect the food to be like home. Saying that though I ate here twice and really enjoyed the Shrimp Sambar and Goan Fish Curry. However the rice tasted like it was microwave rice. They have naan breads and poppadum's on the menu which is a bonus.
All in all a good experience

• Visited August 2013