“Great spot for visiting all the amusement parks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Near Orange County Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Near Orange County Convention Center to your Saves list
Quality Suites Near Orange County Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7400 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Quality Suites Universal Central - Orlando )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #254 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Great spot for visiting all the amusement parks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel has great location for visiting amusement parks. Just few kilometres from Universal Studios, Seaworld and other parks. There is also always something going on on International Drive which is just few minutes away. It is pretty far from the city center though.
Breakfast is solid, stuff is very friendly and you can book a free transportation to the parks.
All the rooms have Pool view. There are two TVs in the room so one can watch NBA game and the other can watch E!. :) Bed is big and comfortable. Rooms are cleaned every day.
So, overall I can say good value and a good choice if you are in Orlando for visitng parks.

Room Tip: All the rooms have balcony, looking on the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Poland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

My family stayed for 4 night in the last week of February 2012. We booked this hotel online for only $40 per night- Knowing it was not a five star hotel my expectations were not high. Room had a musty smell to it. The floor in front of one of the beds was soaking wet- had to put towels down on floor to soak up water in order to walk through room with out socks. I broke out in a rash from the bed sheets. The toilet was so hard to flush that I had to flush it for the children. The decor and tv and such are outdated- but for as much as we were staying in the room- this was not a real concern. We were visiting Disney on Leap Year Day - open for 24 hrs and also spent a day at Aquatica and 2 days at Universal- we mainly booked this hotel for sleeping. For the 40$ a night we spent it was a pretty decent value- considering the room slept 6 of us comfortably- the pull out bed wasnt the best - but it worked. Breakfast also being included was a huge plus- breakfast every morning for a family of 6 would have cost us just about the rate of the room. Would I stay there again? NO. Would I reccommend? NO
But it worked for us this trip

Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Ya know I dont get all the horrible reviews. My family and I stayed last summer and we were quite satisfied. Yes the decor is slightly outdated (TV's) but the suite (109) was very clean and big enough for a family of 5 (my little niece left their hotel to stay with me and my kids). There was no mold anywhere and no creepy crawlies. There was always clean and fresh bedding and towels. The wi-fi always worked. The A/C always worked (which is a plus for summer), not to mention the staff was always accomodating and friendly. They also provided a HOT breakfast not that continental foolishness you find at other hotels. And the other guests must have loved it too because the hall was always packed, you had to get in there early man :-) !!! I would say dont be discouraged, and give them a try. I went there on a whim last year, not knowing anything about them and here I am making arrangements for this summers trip and YES I am booking Lexington again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, they would want to go in the pool. Pic a room on the ground floo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Richmond hill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Be aware when booking your reservation. They do not indicate anywhere on the website or during your reservation screen that you are booking through an outside agency (expedia.com, hotel.com, etc.). I learned this after I checked in for a three night stay and checked out the next morning due to the unsatisfactory condition of the hotel. I was told I would have to call expedia to get a refund. When I called I was told I would have to contact "hotels.com". After several phone calls and being put on hold for 20-30 mins each time I was never able to get my refund. Hotel is dirty, old, our carpet by the bathroom was soaked from the leaking shower, the room smelled, very noisy (when other guest used their water it was so loud you would think they were in your shower) there were dead bolt locks on the breakfast area when we checked in, the "hot breakfast" was not appealing, the side locked gates you had to use to get in
from the side were broken. We had to use a pocket knife to open the gate to get out. The website is very misleading. This hotel shouldn't even get one star. Very disappointing. I would not recommend it to anyone. Believe the bad reviews. THEY ARE TRUE. We had three families booked into this hotel. Two checked out early and was not given a refund and one family was warned before they arrived so they could cancel prior to checkin and avoid being charged and staying in these horrible conditions.

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The suite was minimally clean. The carpet, bathroom floor, mirrors and t.v.s were old and outdated. The pool was very warm, the hot tub not much warmer and had very weak jets. The complimentary breakfast was ok if you like the same thing every day. However the coffee was instant and awful and there wasn't enough staff to keep up with the flow so the tables were always dirty. The front desk staff was helpful and the location was good. I wouldn't stay there again, and would only recommend it to those on a tight budget.

Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My family really enjoyed our stay at Lexington Suites. The staff {especially Teesa at the front desk} was very warm, friendly and made our stay even more enjoyable. Our room was clean and very comfortable and the bathroom was large compared to most hotel bathrooms I have seen. Having a suite was awesome because our kids had their own place to watch TV and play games. The heated pool was just the right temperature and everyone enjoyed it. We had no problems at all with parking. The buffet breakfast was delicious. There was something for everyone. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, potatoes, bagels, cereal, toast, different kinds of juice, coffee, milk, fresh fruit. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

I spent 5 days with my family in this hotel! The rooms are very clean and confortable! The staff was very friendly and the brekfast buffet was great!!! Pancakes, scramble eggs, breads, coffe and more!!!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Quality Suites Near Orange County Convention Center? Share your experiences!