“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Luce at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Famed Napa Valley restaurateur Donna Scala created the epicurean delights served in La Luce, our authentic Italian restaurant. The menu features homemade pasta, pizza, bread and pastries, all inspired by traditional family recipes that have been handed down through the generations. Enjoy the modern setting with artwork by local artists and views of the pool, natural flowing Bonnet Creek, and Waldorf Astoria Golf Course. Great for couples, large groups, and families alike.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great service, wonderful authentic Italian food. Good prices
- definitely try eat there if you are staying at waldorf or hilton. chilly inside so bring a nice warm extra layer

89% Recommend
Hants
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a really lovely meal at La Luce and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. the food was excellent and not too pricey

Visited June 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Lovely décor, nice atmosphere, lovely staff and great food. Reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant and we received 20% off through booking our holiday with Virgin.

Plano, Texas
“Good ravioli, OK lamb, meat balls were good, overall nothing special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

It was good experience , but nothing outstanding . Bulls and Bears at Waldorf hotel or Deep Blu at Wyndham , both of them within walking distance from Hilton Bonnet resort - have better food. The atmosphere at La Luce was very good, that's why the rating is 4 overall. All of them located in this resort,which is very nice, green and secluded.

Bern, Switzerland
“Great and fresh italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek for four nights, see hotel review. We did not plan to eat at the hotel initially, wanting to discover the restaurants at downtown Disney. One night we returned late from shopping and were too tired to go out again. We decided to try the Italian Luce in the hotel and were not disappointed in the food choice. It is a nicely decorated restaurant and the food was very very good. I asked for a Caprese salad which was not on the menu and they prepared it anyway. Some reviews complain about the price, we had starters, 2 glasses of Moscato, 2 main courses and a big bottle of water and it was around 85 with tax and tip so not that expensive compared to other exterior restaurants we visited on our Florida trip. I can only recommend the Luce.

Now to my little incident. The setting : we are at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, so called better hotel, on a hidden resort lane in the Disney area in Orlando. I am 32 years old, was well dressed and am not ashamed of my very athletic looks (would a kid be that large and defined?), but I do look very young, I know it and am used to people asking in certain situations. So we wanted to have a Moscato for appetizer, and the server asks for my ID (Im not offended as I know that I look young and have been in the US many many times before). Oops I do not have it with me, but we’re in the Hilton right, should not be a problem. My fiancée shows her passport, 27, and I tell the waiter my age. He wants to play a little when were you born game which I refuse. He walks away, comes back with just one Moscato for my fiancée and says I can’t have one. I ask to see the manager, blab la bla, tell him how ridiculous and not worthy of a Hilton this whole situation is. He insists and wants to see my Id. I tell him a filled all my personal information like DOB etc in my Hilton Honors Account and invite him to go check. He does, comes back says they do not find my DOB at the reception (why do you fill out all this info then? why do you show your passport when checking in ?...). It goes on and on and finally I am left only with the choice of going back to my room (15th floor end of hallway), come back and show my Id to the big boss like the good schoolboy I am and can finally enjoy (enjoy ?) a Moscato, which they offered finally, but just mine not hers. I found this whole story totally wrong and very sub Hilton. Do I know the law in the US ? yes and I do totally understand an respect it. Was it ok for the server to insist ? yes just doing his job. Could the Manager have made an exception ? Oh yes, he could and should have. Come on, it is a Hotel restaurant and I order some low alcohol level Moscato, helloooooo it’s not a Vegas Casino, not a 7/11, not a liquor shop in the Bronx or a night club on Hollywood blvd….. In my line of work, I always have the choice of making an exception if the circumstances allow it, its called proportionality. I mean seriously, what would have happened if he just believed me? Would I have sued the Hilton ? Would the Orange County Sheriff have made a bust at the hotel right at this time ? Would anyone have complained ? No sir. A now unhappy customer would have been very happy, and that is your job Mr. Manager, managing situations and taking decisions weighing the customer and the hotels interests. You applied the law to the letter ,very good, you still failed as a manager in customer relations. And if you already offer a drink, offer both, not just one, that is so cheap.

No offense to the Romanian waiter, he was at an employee level who is just complying.

• Visited July 2013